Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Confused Corgi
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so it isn't exactly fair to call it an Ostland list-pretty much every Empire army other than middenland is pretty generic.

Anyway, I felt like using a huge amount of Priests and stuff, so here it is

Lord-Arch Lector, AoMI, SoJ-170

Heros-Warrior Priest, heavy armour, shield, Wyrm blade-111
Heros-Warrior Priest, heavy armour, sword of sword of might-109
Heros-Lvl. 2 Wizard, Rod of Power, Wizard staff-140

Core-24 Swordsmen, full command-169
Core-9 Free company-45
Core-5 crossbowmen-40
Core-24 Halberdiers, full command-140
Core-9 Free company-45
Core-5 crossbowmen-40
Core-9 Free company-45
Core-5 crossbowmen-40
Core-10 Handgunners-80
Core-5 Knights, musician-123

Special-5 outriders, musician-113
Special-5 Pistoliers, musician-97

Rare-Helstorm Rocket battery-115

I was working on a list for quite a while now, and I really like this one. (Not only because I have 2 Wp's and an AL)

Tactics go without saying; AL with the swordsmen and a WP in each unit of halberds. The Knights and pistoliers charge down one flank as needed. The outriders essentially just hold one flank and keep the enemy from taking down the weaker flank. Oh, and the helstorms and ranged troop detatchments pepper troops as they advance.

·
LO Zealot
2,610 Posts
Alright, so it isn't exactly fair to call it an Ostland list-pretty much every Empire army other than middenland is pretty generic.

Anyway, I felt like using a huge amount of Priests and stuff, so here it is

Lord-Arch Lector, AoMI, SoJ-170I'd still get the VHS for challenges, and a sword of power or the Always Strikes First blade or a wardsave

Heros-Warrior Priest, heavy armour, shield, Wyrm blade-111don't like the wyrmblade because of it's limited use
Heros-Warrior Priest, heavy armour, sword of might-109
Heros-Lvl. 2 Wizard, Rod of Power, Wizard staff-140

Core-24 Swordsmen, full command-169
Core-9 Free company-45
Core-5 crossbowmen-40
Core-9 Free company-45
Core-5 crossbowmen-40
Core-9 Free company-45
Core-5 crossbowmen-40
Core-10 Handgunners-80

Special-5 outriders, musician-113I'd bump these guys up to 9-10 so they don't panic as easily and so they can decimate whatever they shoot
Special-5 Pistoliers, musician-97this is pretty good, but I've found that if you upgrade to the champion with repeater pistol, you get more shots and at better BS, maybe worth it to you

Rare-Helstorm Rocket battery-115I'm suprised people still play you with 2 of these. I guess you don't have any cannons, so maybe that's how you get away with it. These are too good.

My only concern for the army is your inability to take on big nasties in combat or before combat. Things like super characters and dragon riders, etc. The other problem I have is the Free Company and Halberds (Howbadiers). These guys have so little protection and generally do so little I'm suprised people still take therm (maybe no other models) and with so many armies getting always strike first, it makes them even more vunerable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.