Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday,

After much brain-wracking, I finaly have the final version of my TK list. Ive had about 10 re-writes, so didn't bother boring you guys with those. There is one problem I have with the list tho. Have a look first...

L - LHP
Cloak of the dunes

H - Tomb prince
GW, Collar of shappesh

H - Liche preist
Steed, staff of ravening

H - Liche preist

C - 20x Skeltons
HW, LA, SHield, F/C

C - 21x Skeltons
Bows, Standard

C - 7x Light horsemen

S - 4x Chariots
Standard, Banner of undying legion

S - 4x Ushabti

S - Scorpion

S - 3x Carrion

R - SSC
-SOTF

R - SSC
-SOTF

TOTAL - 2000

I think 8 light cav will provide a good 'body guard' for the mounted Liche Preist, as well as forming decent mobile firepower, with bows, the Staff of Raveneing, and an incantation. Ive gone with the LHP, too, as the magic support offered is too good to pass up, and it helps me fill all my special choices up :). Other than that, pretty standard stuff...

...My problem is fitting in Skulls of the Foe onto my SSC's. Any ideas, to solve this problem, or any other ideas in general? Perhaps It's not worth bothering, as dual SSC are gonna get a comp hit at a tourny anyway, so maybe if I left them stock standard, this can be aleviated a bit...

Another thing Ill throw out there. The main reason for all the re-writes was I couldn't decide between the killing power of the Ushabti, or the speed and static combat res of Heavy horsemen, as well as an extra scorpion (With an IB, I can rack up 5 static res for these guys). I went with the Ushabti because of the extra preist I can fit in (No IB), and their ability to take care of most heavy cav and monsters with ease, thanks to s6, but any thoughts on this from anyone else??

Regards, Tim

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
A few things that would make nice additions:

Mighty Plaques on the LHP
As you said, SotF on both SSCs
Also, you could look at loosing the naked Priest for a Chariot Prince. 1D6 loss of magic, and a lot more hitting power.
A Swarm to partner the Scorp in ICFB

I think you made the right decision with the Ushabti.
As for the 8 Light Cav, just to neaten the unit up it would be nice if you could add another. Although im not quite sure how much damage they will take before the Priest becomes vulnerable. Even basic missiles will hurt, and then youll have to start wasting Res spells on them.

How willing would you be to loose a Skellie unit for a Swarm as your 3rd core? Admitedly that wuld only leave you with one large static Cres unit, but looking at the point i began with, you would have the points to increase the effectiveness of the rest of your list.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to fit all those things in, but finding the points is tough.

I don't think I want to drop a Skeleton block at this stage, but then, maybe a single block of 30 bow skeletons in place of the 2 might be something for me to consider...

The light cav are a risk, they certainly can get shot up easily enough, Im just hoping to shoot the enemy to peices before that happens. What if these guys were made heavy instead? ANother good flanking unit to house hter LP, although, Id need to find points from somewhere agin...

Thanks again, Tim

·
7,143 Posts
Nah, the extra points for the rubbish save the HCav will get isnt worth it. They wont provide that much more defense than the light, and also with the Priest there you wont want them getting near combat either.

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, Ive made some revisions to the original post.

Ive played around with the Core the squeeze in SOTF on the SSC's right on the 2000 point limit. Cost me 3 models in the end.

With your other suggestions, Mighty Plagues I dont see as a huge issue. It helps when you roll low, but its always gonna be cast anyway, And i think i have quite a few incantations in this list. The prince in a chariot wont happen. I like to have the chariots running around a little more 'risk free'. A cannon pops one, then I resurect it, without worrying if its the Prince.

The addition of Tomb Swarms I like. At the moment, Swarms are what brings this list upto 2250. I use all 5 swarms, then add a Hjar. 2k is more my concern, tho, so where would you take the points top pay for them? It stough, coz most of my units are close to perfect size...

Regards, Tim

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I found a way to fit the Swarms in, but the list had to re-worked a bit. It not...the usual...

L - LHP
Cloak of the dunes

H - Tomb prince
GW, Collar of shappesh

H - Liche preist
Steed, staff of ravening

H - Liche preist

C - 20x Skeltons
HW, SHield, F/C

C - 20x Skeltons
Bows, Standard

C - 7x Light horsemen

C - 2x Tomb Swarm

S - 4x Chariots
Standard, Banner of undying legion

S - Scorpion

S - Scorpion

S - 3x Carrion

R - Bone Giant

R - SSC
-SOTF

TOTAL - 2000

So, basicly Ive swapped out the Ushabti's S6, for the bone ginat's S6. This allowed to add the swarms AND another scorpion, for full on ICFB action, however, I had to drop LA on the HTH skels, but as a trapit, I think they still do OK.

I know the Bone Giant is usually disliked (even by me...) but in this list I think it could work. Any thoughts on this???

Regards, Tim

·
7,143 Posts
Bone Giant!? Nooooo.......! lol. Ill admit that the BG is pretty good, the only problem is his over priced ness.
How about loosing the BG and one of the Swarms to get the Ushabti back? 1 Swarm should be fine for WM hunting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts