Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a game coming up against the manager of my local RT. I don't know how competitively he intends to play, but I know that I'd love to beat him (he's not going to let me win). So here's the list that I'm planning on taking. Please get back to me soon, as I'm looking to drop about $200 to finish this army and my Warriors in total.

-----------------------------------------
Lvl4 Sorcerer Lord w/ Tzeentch, Disc, Armor of Morrslieb, Crown of Everlasting Conquest, Power Familiar
@ 395

Lvl2 Sorcerer w/ Nurgle, Chariot, Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll
@ 290

Lvl2 Sorcerer w/ Nurgle, Chariot, Book of Secrets
@ 265

5 Marauder Horsemen w/ Slaanesh, flails, musician
@ 91

5 Marauder Horsemen w/ Slaanesh, flails, musician
@ 91

5 Marauder Horsemen w/ Slaansh, flails, musician
@ 91

5 Chaos Knights w/ Nurgle, Standard Bearer
@ 250

5 Chaos Knights w/ Nurgle, Standard Bearer
@ 250

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
@ xxx

total: 1998/2000
------------------------------------

Not the most competitive list that I could come up with, but it's still feels like it's going to be a rough one. So- any glaring issues with this army that I should fix? I'll probably be making a tournament list out of this army eventually, so I'm open to any and all suggestions on how to run this.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Even with all this magic, you will need some scrolls.

drop the conjoined humunculis on you lord. It won't help you that much.

I'dd also drop the champion from the knights. Or the banner. At least you don't need both.
And the shaggoth.. Hmm.. I know it's an awesome unit to field, but if your looking for competative, your much better off with 4 dragon ogres.

·
Registered
774 Posts
yup, I'd also drop the champions and buy musicians. definitely drop conjoined on the lord as you will go stupid at exactly the wrong time (blood curdling roar is a nice fit here instead though)

Also, instead of the light armour on the horsemen (they're going to die anyway so who cares) I'd give them Mark of Slaanesh

and that might have saved enough points for a unit of puppies

·
555 Posts
Definitely drop the upgrades on the knights.
The champion gets challenged, and that means only 1 knight can whack a character you might want to whack with 3 knights.
The banner is worth 100vp if captured, so think twice about getting one, I field as little as possible. They get all they're combat res from killing, and should not need a banner.
Do some maths before charging them into a unit, and if needed throw in a supporting unit.

Drop the L.armour on the horsemen, and add Slaanesh, for the same reasons as mentioned in posts above me.

I'm a big fan of the Golden Eye, you might want to get that on your lord instead for a better/cheaper wardsave. If I remember correctly a regen save counts as a wardsave, so you can only use one. At least that's what they tried to tell me at my last tournament.

Drop conjoined for Bloorcurling Roar. It gives you a shooting hit with no saves allowed! fly your character next to a unit knights, and watch them melt. It's only str 2, but with 2d6 no armour save hits, you still on average manage to kill 1-2 knights.

I like to run a Nurgle Sorcerer on Steed with Infernal Puppets and the Enchanted Shield. It has a 1+ armour save and messes with miscasts. It helps to keep your casters alive.
You can switch either the book or power familiar to your lord for this. I Don't really see the point in a spell familiar, unless you really need a specific spell.

And as said before, you can never go wrong with scrolls!

·
Benevolent Dictator
9,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a big fan of the Golden Eye, you might want to get that on your lord instead for a better/cheaper wardsave. If I remember correctly a regen save counts as a wardsave, so you can only use one. At least that's what they tried to tell me at my last tournament.
Actually, whoever was running that tournament was wrong. Ward Saves in Fantasy are NOT Invulnerable Saves in 40k. You can take your Armor, Ward, and Regen all together in fantasy, until you pass one or fail them all. With the build I have, I have a 3+ save, a 3+ ward against mundane attacks, and a 4+ regen save.

I'm up in the air on the 1-use-only Word of Agony, and I really dislike the Roar just because it's all of S1 (woo). I may drop Conjoined, but I like the ability to 'bump' a spell so that it actually goes. Especially since I have a chance at getting Gateway. I'll certainlyl drop the Spell Familiar though. That skins the poor guy down to a resilient, flying Lvl4 and nothing else.

In a Tournament, I gotcha- I'll drop the Shaggoth. He's just a beautiful model despite his age, and the manager and I won't be fielding tournament lists anyway. But yes, either 2 Spawn, or 4 DOgres are next in the shopping cart.

Losing the Champions in my Knights gives me enough points to 'pimp' my MHoresemen, which seems valid. If I drop my Light Armor across the regiments, that gives me 40pts to play with at the end of the day. I can fit 2 scrolls if I knock off the additional handweapon on my Shaggoth.

Changes sound good? I've edited the list to reflect them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.