Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2,000pts Alaitoc Ranger Force

Hello folks, I new to the Eldar, and have my first tourney coming up soon. I'd appreciate and advice you could give.

Thanks

Lord Ramon

HQ

Farseer with CCW & Shuriken Pistol, Runes of Witnessing, Ghost Helm, Pyschic Power: Guide [82pts]. Quite likely to hang with the Artillery.

ELITE

Squad of 4 Path Finders: [96pts]

Squad of 5 Wraithguard, & Warlock with a Singing Spear & Conceal [224pts]

Squad of 5 Wraithguard, & Warlock with a Singing Spear & Conceal [224pts]

TROOPS

4x Squads each of 3 Rangers: [228pts]

Guardian Defender Squad of 5 troops: Heavy Weapon Platform with Bright Lance [90pts]
Guardian Defender Squad of 5 troops: Heavy Weapon Platform with Bright Lance [90pts]
Guardian Defender Squad of 6 troops: Heavy Weapon Platform with Star Cannon [98pts]

Dire Avenger Squad of 10 troops: Exarch w/Shuriken Pistol & Power Weapon, Distract Power [152pts]

FAST

Guardian Jetbike Squadron of 6 Bikes: 4x Twin Linked Shuriken Catapult, 2x Shuriken Cannon [250pts]
Guardian Jetbike Squadron of 3 Bikes: 2x Twin Linked Shuriken Catapult, 1x Shuriken Cannon [125pts]

HEAVY

1x Fire Prism with Holo-Field and Spirit Stone [150pts]

1x Support Weapon Battery: D-Cannon, Vibro Cannon, Shadow Weaver, 6 Guardians with 3 Shuriken Catapults and 3 Shuriken Pistol & CCW, Warlock with Pistol & CCW, and Conceal Power [188pts]

1997pts

·
Registered
101 Posts
lots of problems:

one: you have 8 troop choices (wait thats allowed for Alaitoc, rite? nvm if it is)
two: you have mixed weapons batteries

and then we get to the actual contents.
HQ:
IF you are sticking him with the support weapons batteries, maybe look into giving him a w-blade instead to offer some HtH protection. also give him Fortune and Conceal (technically, Farseers can take Warlock Powers, just not vice versa), w/spirit stones. This costs plenty more, however this way if anything comes into range you can protect your platform gunners.

Elites:
Wraithguard need Waveserpent (ill assume w/TL Bright Lances). They are FAR TOO SLOW without one. whenever i field a squad, i transport em...

Troops
the squads with platforms... erm... yeah theyre like 100 pts each for a 7-wound heavy weapon. beef em up a) so your opponent doest scream cheese and b) so they'll last more than one turn.

Distract isn't great. One less attack against the exarch, and the whole point with not giving him defend is letting him attack first, so you should pretty much wipe out the models in b2b w/him that turn.

Fast Attack
for the cost of that 6-jetbike squad you could get 5 vypers, sans upgrades. throw in 10 points, and you get 4 w/ starcannons

Heavy Support
Fire prism. :x get a falcon w/starcannon, spirit stones, holo-field, and shurikannon for 60 pts more. will do a lot more than the fire prism would, in terms of earning its points back.

support batteries
first off, can't mix these. second off, Vibro Cannons are only somewhat effect against light infantry, esp in 3x batteries. avoid them. Shadow Weavers. in batteries of three, against light infantry, they make for triple pie-plate goodness, and force a LD test at -2 (-1 for each additional gun in barrage) if a unit receives casualties. D-Cannons. These insta-kill everything T5 and under w/o an invulnerable save, roll 2D6 'gainst vehicles, and damage on ordnance table. you have an 83% chance of getting a penentrating hit against an unmodded land raider. only problems with these are range, cookie (not pie) plate, and G. which isn't so bad, 'xcpt that you could theoretically kill your entire support battery with them. (fire 12" away, roll dbl 6s for down scatter, roll a sideways left and sideways right for salvo scattering) which would be very funny. as long as its your opponent's battery.

your army seems to really lack a punch against 4+ saves or better, which is why i recommended starcannons, and against tanks, which is why i gave you the TL BL wave serpent...

hope this helps

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
i'm sorry but you'll never win with this army soo many things need changin that it would be better to just we-write the damned thing and burn any evedence that this one ever existed :shifty:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Sorry to be blunt, but this list suks:x . Definetely take out one of your wrathguard squads for a waveserpent with a bright lansce, then take out your spport platforms (not needed) So you can get a big fire warrior squad, and a lance serpent for them and the avengers. Take ou the prism for a falcon with starcannons and an s. cannon. Artillery can be good, but if u know what a lot of players at the tiurney are going to be bringing choose based on that, if their are plenty o 'nids and BA then bring the d- cannons, for IG or eldar,, bring the v. cannon. drop the bikers (no place in an alaitoc army:x ) and get a couple of vyppers with starcannons and shuriken cannons, also get a about 2 or three more ranger squads. No you got decent anti tank, anti troop, and disruption fields, hope that helped

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
don't be so mean!!

Hey hey hey guys don't be so harsh!!!

If you gonna say just re-write it and burn it at least give him some suggestions..I would help but I don't have the time now.

·
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New list re feedback

Thanks for the feedback guys. Here’s version 2. Unfortunately I need to field some bikes, as I can’t afford too many more models now, and need to buy the Waveserpents and Scorpions to make up this list. I figure at least they can ride shotgun for the Waveserpents, in the same way as Dark Eldar commanders use their bikes to shield their Raiders.

2,000pts Alaitoc Ranger Force: 1948pts

HQ

Farseer with Runes of Witnessing +5, Pyschic Power: ………….? [45pts]

ELITE

Squad of 3 Path Finders [72pts]

Squad of 5 Wraithguard and Warlock with a Singing Spear & Conceal [224pts]
Waveserpent with TL Bright Lances, Spirit Stones [135pts]

Squad of 10 Striking Scorpions, Plasma & Haywire Grenades, Exarch with Scorpion’s Claw & Stealth [237pts]

TROOPS

4x Squads each of 3 Rangers [228pts]

Guardian Defender Squad of 5 troops: Heavy Weapon Platform with Star Cannon [90pts]

Dire Avenger Squad of 10 troops: Shuriken Catapult, Exarch w/Shuriken Pistol & Power Weapon, Distract Power [152pts]

Waveserpent with TL Bright Lances, Spirit Stones [135pts] – can carry the Avengers or the Scorpions if Infiltrate is not being used.

FAST

Guardian Jetbike Squadron of 6 Bikes: 4x Twin Linked Shuriken Catapult, 2x Shuriken Cannon [250pts]

HEAVY

1x Falcon: Skimmer, Tank, Fast, Pulse Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Starcannon, with Holo-Field, Crystal Target Matrix and Spirit Stone [240pts]

1x Support Weapon Battery: D-Cannon Artillery, crew = 2 Guardians with 1 Shuriken Catapults and 1 Shuriken Pistol & CCW [50pts]

I have no idea what to do with my Farseer, and therefore which Power to choose, and what to arm it with, whaddoo I do?

As before, comments greatly appreciated.

Lord Ramon

·
Registered
77 Posts
I think your wasting points if you're only going to take a single squad of 3 Pathfinders. Either take a full squad, or drop what you have as that single squad alone isn't worth it.

You could always drop the Warlock with the Wraithguard and put the Farseer in there. Give him Fortune and they get the re-roll on their 3+ save. You could also boost their Shooting with Guide.

With the points saved there you could add in two more Pathfinders to bring them up to a unit of 5.

I would also drop the CTM from the Falcon. Most people only field the 190 point Falcon, though I tend to cap out at 210, opting not to take the CTM. You could sepnd the extra 30 points on beefing up those Guardians.

I definately recommend getting at least a Vyper or to in there at some point.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
Dire Avenger Squad of 10 troops: Shuriken Catapult, Exarch w/Shuriken Pistol & Power Weapon, Distract Power [152pts]

Waveserpent with TL Bright Lances, Spirit Stones [135pts] – can carry the Avengers or the Scorpions if Infiltrate is not being used.
I'd take these out as the Dire Avengers tend to not make their pts back. Taking the Dire Avengers out means taking out the Waveserpent for them. This saves 287 pts to spend elsewhere.

Squad of 5 Wraithguard and Warlock with a Singing Spear & Conceal [224pts]
Waveserpent with TL Bright Lances, Spirit Stones [135pts]
Add 3 Wraithguard to the squad witht he pts we have from taking out the Dire Avengers and Waveserpant. This will increase the survivability of the squad. This leaves us with 182 pts to spend.

Farseer with Runes of Witnessing +5, Pyschic Power: ………….? [45pts]
You don't have to do this if you don't want to but sense you don't know what to do with him you could take off runes of witnessing and give him mind war and a singing spear. He will perform hit and run duties using the mind war to take off troops and singing spear to hurt armour. This will cost 103 pts. You will still have 124 pts to spend.

Guardian Defender Squad of 5 troops: Heavy Weapon Platform with Star Cannon [90pts]
Add one more of these. Give it Starcannon if your against a heavy armoured troops, scatter laser against hoard armies (starcannon works too but more expensive) and bright lance if your facing lots of tanks or vehicles with high armour. you still have 34 pts.

First of all, split these into 2 squads of 3 so if they get stuck in combat they're not all lost. Also you can choose more targets with each squad. Add in 1 more Shuriken Cannon to the squad. I personally don't like jetbikes as they are really expensive pts wise for what they do but if you want to take them then go ahead. This finally leaves us with 14 pts.

With the last 14 pts add 1 more guardian to 2 squads. This makes the list the exact same pt cost as the list before (at least if I did my math right and didn't screw anything up). I hope this helps!

Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts