Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, iv got a tournament coming up in the next few weeks and have hammered out this list. My main problem is that i usually play 3 or 4K so doing a 2K list was a bit of a squeeze! The main thing i cannot decide on is whether to drop the daemonettes for 2 beast herds.

Great Bray Shaman 333
MoS, braystaff, level 4, power familiar, chaos armour, power stone

Exalted Champ (Gen) 166
MoS, SoS, halberd, shield

Sorceror 206
MoS, barded steed, level 2, 2x dispel scrolls

6 Chosen Knights 390
MoS, full command, rapturous standard

5 Marauder Horsemen 101
musician, flails, throwing axes

5 Marauder Horsemen 101
musician, flails, throwing axes

5 Warhounds 30

20 Daemonettes 360

2x Fiend of Slaanesh 150

3 Dragon Ogres 237
gw, la

The tournament rules forbid mounted daemonettes - needless to say im devastated! In my larger games I'v recently started using Daemonettes and theyve had great success, thats why im inclined to try them at 2K. Iv used beats a lot in the past and the 'new' feeling of the daemonettes appeals top me. However im still slightly put off by the risks of a bad instability test.

Please rip it to shreds!

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Interesting Character seection. You could really do with the Beast Herds, so the Great Shaman has a unit to join. Im not a fan of power stones personally, and possibly loose a Scroll too in order to be able to get a 4th Character into the list, a Bray Shaman. Add a Spell familiar to the Mortal too.

Id say go for a smaller unit Deamonettes, as well as a Beast Herd or two if you can. Use minimal Gor and fill with Ungor if you need to.

Also personally not a fan of Axes on the Marauders, but keep them if you like. Possibly look at a unit of Centigor instead of one of them.

Id loose the banner and standard from the Knights too, and assuming SoS is a slanneshi sted, will the general be joining them? If so, drop a Knight too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the general rides a steed of slaanesh. He rides alone and bolsters any part of the battle line that could use his 4 str 6 attacks.

I need to keep the marauders so i have 3 core choices and really dont like going into a 2k game with less than two scrolls.

I am however considering taking two beast herds and trying to squeeze in a wargor with great weapon (id drop the axes from the marauders and take slightly smaller herds to do this).

Why do you find the character selection interesting?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I like the list and as much as I love 9 dice of slaanesh magic, I must say it is too situational. I would drop the slaanesh mark of the mounted sorcerer for MoU and drop a scroll (you have 6 dispell dice, how much magic do you expect to face) for a spell familiar so you have 3 spells from death (best lore in the game, hands down) and 4 from slaanesh, one of the best. Also the knights don't lose their ItP although 6 knights + sorcerer is way too big, consider 4 or 5.

I don't see Daemonettes working in this fast list, I woud get a good herd for the shaman to hide out in. also 2 units of minos would work well. I agree with the marauders, they are way too expensive to just be a throw away unit. Hop this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.