Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I already have some (though little) experioence with choas, mostly playing with my VC...However, for my first 'real' chaos list, i wanted to try something weird :p So, here goes, comments appreciated..

Chaos Lord - 813
Armour of Damnation
Golden Eye of Tzeentch
Bezerker Sword
Shield
Mark of Tzeentch
Chaos Dragon

Aspiring Champion - 196
Tzeentch
Bane Shield
Steed

Exalted Champion - 168
Crimson Armor of Dargan
Bloodhunt Horn (Gaze of Gods if enemy is undead?)
shield
Steed

Chosen Chaos Knights - 255 (Champ goes here) (5)
MoU
banner/musician
Shield
Barding

Chaos Knights - 240 (5)
Standard/musician
Shield
Barding
Tzeentch
War Banner

Furies (6)

Spawn (2X, i like spawns aswell :p)
no mark

Marauder Horseman - 81 (5)
Flails
Musician

Warhounds (5)

The biggest problem I see with this list is that I will probably be outnumbered :p But as my opponents tend to favor lots of terrain, i will try to use that to channel their advance to the front of my lines, to suddenly come out with a charge!

·
Registered
121 Posts
"My opponents mostly win by rallying their troops just in time after being broken by my fast units (black knights in most cases"

Errrm... First, black knights can't break from combat or flee as they are undead.

Drop the full command from knights. Probably keep the musicians though...
Drop the warriors and chariot. Get 6 furies, 4 screamers and 1-2 packs of 5-6 mounted marauders with flails and musician.

I suggest you re-do your character choices in regards of magical items.

Tzeentch lord on dragon is much more powerful with Golden eye of tzeentch. Drop the crown - it's too expensive already. Eye + armor of damnation + berserker sword + shield will do better, i guess.

You really could use at least one dispell scroll (Perhaps equip your aspiring champ with it).

Downgrade your champs to aspirings and drop all equipment, apart from chaos steed and shield. Run them with your knight units. Make the one without scroll a BSB.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"My opponents mostly win by rallying their troops just in time after being broken by my fast units (black knights in most cases" - when i am playing vamp counts, i have black knights :p I mean the enemy breaking :p

Thnx for the advice m8, I will look into it...though I disagree on dropping the banner for the knights as my experience is that I mostly need em to win combat by :p

·
Registered
121 Posts
"My opponents mostly win by rallying their troops just in time after being broken by my fast units (black knights in most cases" - when i am playing vamp counts, i have black knights :p I mean the enemy breaking :p
Ouch :) Rrright.

Thnx for the advice m8, I will look into it...though I disagree on dropping the banner for the knights as my experience is that I mostly need em to win combat by :p
Well, putting hero in should help them win anyway.

The reason why I advice against com-groups for knights is because they cost almost the same as another knight to the unit. And when/if you break - it's VPs for opponent.

It works for me, but use whatever suits your strategy better :happy:

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Id say look at loosing the Warriors in order to get in some other faster things as you have said. Small units of Marauder Cav with flails, warhounds, or possibly even a third Knight unit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
made a few more changes...any more suggestions?
Suggestions on the last variant of your list:

1. Drop the spawn :) He is waaay too slow and vulnerable for it's cost.

2. Mounted marauders only ever need musician and flails. They should stay cheap to be disposable. Plus, you don't want to waste victory point, losing banners to your opponent. Drop the champ and standard.

3. Magical items. I'd say drop the Talisman of protection - way too unreliable. Same about the Crimson armor. Not a fan of the shield either, but heck... might work for you.

4. You could drop one furie.

Consider
- another unit of Mounted marauders flails+musician
- warbanner for un-chosen knights
- Upgrade aspiring champ to BSB.
- 4 screamers of tzeetch (Dropping the two units of warhounds as you won't need them cuz two units of flyers should be enough to screen your knights).

Peace! :)

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
I agree with point 2 above, but im not so sure about loosing the Spawn. He may be a little slow, but considering his cost is actuallt incredibly cheap given a good statline and special rules, id suggest looking at dropping a few things to accommodate a second one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.