Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting out and my friends play around 2k+ of IG, SoB, Necrons, and Chaos. They all play with alot of vehicles (Mech IG, 2 exorcists, 2 monoliths, LRC). I just want a list that can compete with them and still be fun to play. With their advice and reading on the forum, this is what I came up with...

Traits:
Cleans and Purify
Blessed be the Warriors

Epistolary - BP,FW,Auspex,Familiar,FG,JP,TH,FotD,FotA

Assault Squad x7 - 2xPP,5xBt,MB,FG
Vet Serg - BP,PF,FG,MB
Furious Assault

Ven Dread - AC,DCCW,HF,EA
Drop Pod

Scouts x6 - 5xSR,ML

Tactical x7 - 2xPG,5xBt
Vet Serg - BP,PF
Drop Pod

Tactical x7 - 2xPG,5xBt
Vet Serg - BP,PF
Drop Pod

Tactical x7 - 2xMelta,5xBt
Vet Serg - BP,PF
Drop Pod

LST - HB,AC

LST - HB,AC

LST - HB,AC

Vindicator - EA,Smoke

Pred - TLLC,HB,EA,Smoke

Pred - TLLC,HB,EA,Smoke

Its close to 2k with about 20 pts left to play with...

All comments, advice, ideas, flames welcome!

Thanks in advance!

·
Hrimfar
525 Posts
Don't mix! your pred's shouldn't take both anti-tank and anti-infantry weapons, you'll end up with two tank's that doesn't really have a set battle-role. Give them lascannon sponsons too! If you are unsure keep one with hb, but lascannons will really pay of, I can asure you that!

You should take a chappy to go with your assulmarines! They can really make them kick ass vs nearly anything, and don't forget to give them eltabombs either - for a tiny 2pts per model you get some really hard-hitting anti-tank weapons! You should too consider to have at least one squad with infantry on the table from the beginning - you want the enemy to gather up in cloths if you want to use the Vindicater sucsessfully...

Well, hope I gave you some good advice there - I'm terribly hungover - went out with some friends yesterday - somekind of kickoff on school....

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
A chaplain would be a far better choice for the leader of this army. He is far more powerful in assault.

Lose the scouts.

Take all melta gun drop pods dudes. Plasma guns seems nice on paper, but arent as useful when deployed out of a drop pod. I assume the squads are 8 man, if not, make them be, (however theyd be better if they where 10)

It would also be better if your assault squad was 10 man.

The weakest part of your list is the heavy support. I suggest instead of field those 3 tanks, you field 2 devistator squads, with 4ML 4 Bolters.

If you field a vindi, take power of the matchine spirt, and smoke, instead of extra armour.

Also, moving and shooting ordances while drop poding is some what risky, as often to ensure that you land in range, youll want to put your Drop pod extreamily close to the enemy, allowing a possible scatter into your models, this is unlikly but would be unforantate. Id advise agaisnt the vindi.

Couple of things to remember, in generall chaos will be better then you in assault.

IG will out shoot you

Necros will phase out if you kill 2/3 of them. IE focus all firepower onto the troops, anything thats killed by anything with 8s or more can never come back.

Sister of battle can make there armour saves invunerable, and can piece your armour when they roll 6s, if they use sertain powers.

Everything but chaos can pretty much be freely Assaulted.

The more conservatively you play with your LST the more they will reward you.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Kristofer said:
Don't mix! your pred's shouldn't take both anti-tank and anti-infantry weapons, you'll end up with two tank's that doesn't really have a set battle-role. Give them lascannon sponsons too! If you are unsure keep one with hb, but lascannons will really pay of, I can asure you that!
His preadtor is good because it can remain behind cover and move out and shoot to full effect when it has a good target.
Really good if you dont have first turn.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts