TOTAL - 2000

PD - 10
DD - 5

After slight editing Id thought Id repost my list

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so either i'm perfect in everyway or made a list so utterly rubbish people cant stand to see it...........

·
I've had enough!
2,041 Posts
Right o, hold ya horses! Let me see here....

Characters:

Not liking the Lord's setup, on that Abysal Terror. Vamps flying around on large targets, should, IMO be combat monsters - so the Red fury, Dreadlance combo as standard, then whatever else. IF you want a flying caster, go for either a Hellsteed, or the Flying Horror power. Talisman of the Lynci is another option for a speedy Vampire. In the end, though, I'd still rather a caster vamp have the protection of a unit, so Flying Horror and Lynci at least allow him to join units still. He is the general after all...

Also, far too many characters in general, for my liking. Drop to 2 rock solid casters, and if you want a 3rd character, maybe a necro or wight king will fot the bill. as it is, half your army is pumped into characters, and none of them are amazing good in combat.

And only 10 PD? I manage that with one Vamp Lord and one Necro, PLUS I have 3 bound spells in my list...all that for 745 points..still less than all your chars, and my general has 2+ armour, 4+ ward...see what i mean? go for effectiveness, not just sheer mass. I'm the kinda guy that puts all his abilities into one char, rather than speading it around many weaker ones...

That said, all those casters and NO master powers? you need 1-2 lord of dead MINIMUM with magic heavy, for some IoN goodness.

Now the core. I think it's good to start with one unit of zombies, saves you having to raise new units during the game, but think about the role these guys play on the battle field in speed bumps, and one unit should serve you fine, with others popping up as new units.

The rest looks fine, but after droping some Chars, you have heaps of room, so a unit of Black Knights to go with the Vargis won't go astray - with their Vampire rule allowing them to march.

So, biggest problem I see, is too many points in characters, and a far too low unit count as a result.

Tim

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lets go again...

Vampire Lord - 480
-Abyssal Terror
-Red Fury
-Infinite Hatred
-Walking Death
-Flayed Hauberk
-Sword of Striking

Vampire - 185
-Dark Acoylte
-Book of Arkhan

Vampire - 190
-Dark Acolyte
-Rod of Flaming Death

Vampire - 135
-Forbidden Lore
-Armour of Night
-Talisman of Lycnni

19 Skellies - 172
-Full Command

20 Zombies

10 Ghouls

19 Grave Guard - 293
-Full Command
-Banner of Strigoi

2 Varghulfs

TOTAL - 2000

PD 7 + 2
DD 4

I could do with some help here - I want to get some more magic in there to create a stronger magic phase - though my Lord MUST be on an Abyssal Nightmare (I spent alot of time converting my model so I REALLY REALLY want to use it)

·
Registered
9 Posts
ok if you really want a stronger magic phase there are a couple of things you must keep in mind. 1. by adding another vampire who costs 150 points without a master skill or dark acolyte you are effectively adding only 1 power dice to your total dice. A much more effective method is to use a Necromancer with a dispel scroll, power stone and vanhels danse macabre. This costs 50 points less and in a 2,000 points game an irresistable force vanhels can win you a game. Also i would recommend on using 1 character as your primary raiser with the rest performing support roles, e.g adding CC punch to a squad or making it so a unit of black kngihts can march every turn. Also never underestimate a BSB as it can greatly swing combats in your favour. Also i think you need alot more mobility in your force and even if you add 1 unit of black knights and 2 more dire wolves units this will fit the role. Use the varghulf and black knishts in tandem works wonders. Also another nasty trick is to use a dire wolves unit jsut like an empire detachment and then counter charge any unit that charges your main blocks. This bit should get you started on some ideas. btw i have no problems with your lord mounted on a terror as if youve modelled it yourself and like it, then include it. As a gamer i love it when my opponent has a well modelled and painted force and i would prefer to play them rather than an opponenet only intent on winning anyday. Love to hear or see how it looks btw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts