Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level cleanse mission using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. Deci will have the north east quarter and the second turn while Rabbit will have the south west quarter and the first turn.

In the red corner weighing in at an impressive 1995 pts and a phase out of 11 models is the C’Tan himself, DECEIVER!

HQ:
The Deceiver

Necron Lord
Res Orb
Veil of Darkness

Elite:
7 Immortals

7 Flayed Ones

Troops:
11 Warriors

11 Warriors

Fast Attack:
3 Destroyers

3 Destroyers

7 Scarab Swarms
Disruption Fields

Heavy Support:
Monolith

Heavy Destroyer

Heavy Destroyer

Phase Out: 11

Total points: 1995

In the blue corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 57 models and 6 pieces of armor is the notorious carrot muncher, RABBIT!

[2000 Black Legion Build]

H.Q.: 145

Chaos Sorcerer #1- 145
*MoS
*Lash of Torment
*Wings

ELITE: 370

Chaos Terminator Squad #1- 185
*5x termis
**4x combi-plasmas
**1x heavy flamer & power fist

Chaos Terminator Squad #2- 185
*5x termis
**4x combi-plasmas
**1x heavy flamer & power fist

TROOPS: 820

Chaos Marine Squad w/ IoCG #1- 280
*10x chaos marines w/ standard equipment
**2x chaos marines with plasma guns
**1x aspiring champion w/ power fist
*1x rhino
**extra armor

Chaos Marine Squad w/ IoCG #2- 270
**2x chaos marines with melta guns
*1x rhino
**extra armor

Chaos Marine Squad w/ IoCG 31- 270
**2x chaos marines with melta guns
*1x rhino
**extra armor

FAST: 290

Chaos Raptor Squad w/ IoK- 290
*10x chaos raptors w/ standard equipment
**2x chaos raptors w/ melta guns
**1x aspiring champion w/ lightning claws

HEAVY: 375

Chaos Predator #1- 130
*las-sponsons

Chaos Predator #2- 130
*las-sponsons

Chaos Predator #3- 115
*heavy bolter sponsons
*havoc launcher

TOTAL COST: 2000 (on the money)
TOTAL MODEL: 57
TOTAL ARMOR PIECES: 6

When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

Generals of the above armies, please post your tactics for the battle as soon as you are able!

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
The Deceiver is the sole chance necrons have of holding off the chaos charges, plasma guns and power fists. However the lash of submission is going to be making him fetch cookies from over behind the hill and he'll struggle to participate. As soon as rhino's get into sight they scream forwards 12" and dump a load of plasma on the necrons. Then charge, kill them all and phase out the rest.

The predators will also be quite strong at sticking to the edges and holding table quarters.

Because the lash will be leading the Deceiver around by the nose:

Rabbit

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
TACTICS: Hmm. Lots of options. I normally place all of my units at once, but I'd like to see how some of deceiver's deployment pans out. For now, I'm placing the following units on the table:

Predators: I'm assuming the hills have general LOS over the Forest. If not, then I'll reconsider. All 3 predators are positioned on the southwest hill in the following order: las-sponson pred, heavy bolter pred, las-sponson pred (running diagonally west to east).

Rhinos: Will be positioned alongside the extreme ends of the forest. The specific deployment will depend on Decever's placement of his heavies.

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
It's possible that deployment will be inconsequential for Rabbit as the Deceiver has the potential to redeploy his whole army after Rabbit is done. Having the second turn gives the Necrons further reactive ability, limiting the number of units to be considered for redeployment.

This has nothing to do with tactics except that it may limit the executability of said tactics.

I think we should wait until Deceiver lists his deployment/tactics before making any calls.

*goes to see if Deceiver is in LOChat to tell him to "get on the ball"*

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Hmm, 2-0 down and now i get to post my tactics. I really dont see the last being that much of a killer, it can only affect 1 unit per turn.

There are a nice few tanks for me to take aim at :)

My Heavy Destroyers, Destroyers, and Immortals will concentrate on the Preds in my 1st turn, with the Warriors taking aim for the Rhino Rush.

The Lith, coming in turn 2 or 3 hopefully, will aim to deepstrike as central as possible and unload a Gauss Flux, whch should have a nice effect on the remaining armour and infantry alike.

The Falyed Ones, who probably wont be infiltrated unless i have them somewhere where they can get in with the Raptors fast, will be teleported in order to get in with the Raptors.

As soon as possible, the Ctan will be aiming for the Termies, he should walk through them. If he gets the chance, he will use his Misdirect abilty to run from one combat and towards the Sorcerer, nailing him, and then returning to combat.

The Immortals will be with the Lord and aim to avoid combat as much as possible.

Scarabs will be useful here for taking out Armour, primarily the Preds if need be, as they can get there fasy, but also the Rhinos, from where they can proceed to tie up the Chaos Marines in combat.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think Deceiver could stand a good chance, however the decision to ignore the Lash I could see being costly. While I think the Lash is generally over hyped, and it's true that it can only control one unit, if it keeps the Deceiver out of the game that's a big loss. In the end, Rabbit should have the firepower and strength to take out Necrons faster then they can do the same in return.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
You know, I actually think that Deceiver may have this one; Rabbit is aiming that lash at the deceiver and only the deceiver at the moment, and while its got decent range it isn't limitless, and it still needs line of sight to work. All Deceiver would have to do is keep that forest in the center between his god and the sorcerer and that lash isn't doing a whole lot.

Besides, all the lash is able to do is move the deceiver around, it takes other units to tie it up in combat or shoot all of those wounds away before it can't do anything. I think Deceiver's choice to ignore the lash is not a half bad idea, since it is aimed at a model that isn't terribly affected by it anyway. (Cleanse is table quarters isn't it, so moving the deceiver around isn't all that bad since he'll still be in a quarter to possibly contest it.)

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Hey Deceiver, any chance of where your units will deploy? :). Even with the C'tan's ability to move squads prior to the game, it would help me out a great bit if I knew where your heavies, elites, & trops were located. My army is somewhat sensitive to deployment. Otherwise, I wouldn't even bother with asking you. Here's what I've laid down thus far:

Predators: On the southwest hill (I've received mixed information on LOS over area of terrain, so I'm waiting on a final word from Ironangel, before I can confirm this placement)

Rhinos: Around the ends of the forest, either divided among the north and east sides, or together (depending on the deployment of your heavies)

Terminators: Holding for deep strike.

Raptors & Socerers: Holding, pending your placement of Heavies, Troops, and Elites.

Again, I don't mean to be so fixated on deployment, except that it really does make a difference for this skirmish, even with your C'tan :happy:

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Hmm ok, ill give deployment options a go. Although with the symmetrical map us being sat in the emptyish corners, i dont know how much difference it will make.

I guess id try to set as much as possible in my terrain, for the cover save. Primarily the Haevy Destroyers, and then the Destroyers. Just for a cover save in your 1st trun, then they can zip out and unleash gauss on the tanks.

The warriors can go as far forard as possible, and the Immortals and Lord, central and just behind them.

Deci can sit as far forward as possible, though if i can get him more to one side to block LoS from the main tank threat to him, then i will. Ofcourse i can decide this positioning with his ability just before we begin playing.

Scrabs will be on the side where the majority of you (marine carrying) tanks are, and will probably be the second unit ill redeploy using the Deceiver ability if i roll to be able so, if id rather have them elsewhere after deployment.

Lith is in reserve for DS.

i think the FOs will start as close as they can to you, Infiltrating in the forest.

Hope thats enough info for you Rabbit :)

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Thanks, Deceiver. That's just what I was looking for 8Y.

Deployment of Raptors: Will be positioned as far forward towards the center of the board as possible.

RECAP ON PREVIOUS DEPLOYMENT:

Predators: On the southwest hill (I've received mixed information on LOS over area of terrain, so I'm waiting on a final word from Ironangel, before I can confirm this placement)

Rhinos: Two deployed on the norther side, just west of the forest. One deployed on the east side of the board, just south of the forest.

Terminators: Holding for deep strike.

Raptors & Socerers: Holding, pending your placement of Heavies, Troops, and Elites.

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Hmm, this is an interesting battle.

The mass gauss could be a real problem for rabbit, as if his rhinos can't move, and his tanks can't fire, they are going to be useless. If they get blown to bits, then they are going to create bottle necks, which the monolith will allow Deceiver to move around, and Rabbit will be stuck moving slowly around them.

The deep striking Termi's could wreak havoc with the necrons, but their wbb rolls will save 1/2 of them from a rapid fire plasma assault, meaning that their return of fire could be nasty. In the end, I can't see Rabbit doing enough damage to force phase out in any one turn, or overall once the Monolith gets in.

Deceiver ftw

ninja out

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is quoted from a PM I sent to Rabbit to help clarify on the LoS issue...

IA256 said:
Ok, I have done some research so feel free to quote this and put it in your match if necessary.

"Models that are classed as taller than the area terrain can see and be seen over it."

"A model's line of sight will be considered improved by being on an elevated position, such as a cliff or building, so it can count the height of the terrain piece it stands on for line of sight in regards to other Area Terrain".

-Pg. 21 BGB

Based on the table on page 25 of the BGB we can also see that both the hill and the vehicle would be classified as at least size 2 terrain which would make the vehicle on the hill at least size 4 (2+ for hill and 2+ for tank). Since the tank + hill height is greater than that of the forest you can indeed see over the top.
That being said I am still relatively sure that Deci has this match as mass gauss and a redeploy will make it relatively easy to knock out his armor. Rabbit will put up a decent fight but in the end I just don't think it will be enough.

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Mission Type

NOTE - THIS IS A CLEANSE MISSION - TABLE QUARTERS

I think D is welcome to all of Rabbit's armour.

I don't think he needs it to win. As long as his Rhino unload technique is spot on, it's pretty easy to tell when to unload.

As this is a cleanse mission, I don't think the monolith will be able to help D that much on this occasion. Even if Rabbit lacks the lasscannons to take it down by the time it strikes (which is fairly likeyl with all the destroyers about), the mono can only claim a single quarter.

I'm leaning towards Rabbit at this point in time. :C

·
Poisonous Mammal
390 Posts
This one looks really hard to call, but I think that the mission favors RABBIT and the low phase out number will hurt D.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.