Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level seek and destroy using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. LordLink will have the south board edge and be going second while Tosseh will have the north board edge and be going first.

In the red corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 47 models and 8 pieces of armor is Zelda’s knight in shining armor, LORDLINK!

The Flamekin
Craftworld of Burning Blood

HQ
Jetbike Farseer /w mind war, doom, spirit stones, singing spear-153

Farseer /w guide, runes of warding-90

Elites
10 Fire Dragons-160
Wave Serpent /w twin-shuriken cannons, spirit stones-120

Troops
10 Dire Avengers-152
-Exarch /w pair of shuriken catapults, bladestorm
Wave Serpent /w twin-lances, spirit stones-145

10 Dire Avengers-152
-Exarch /w pair of shuriken catapults, bladestorm
Wave Serpent /w twin-lances, spirit stones-145

5 Pathfinders-120

5 Pathfinders-120

Fast Attack
Vyper /w pair of shuriken cannons-60

Heavy Support
Falcon /w scatter laser, shuriken cannon, holo-fields, spirit stones-185

3 War Walkers /w pair of scatter lasers each-180

5 Dark Reapers-217
-Exarch /w eldar missile launcher, fast shot

In the blue corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 61 bodies, and 9 pieces of armor is the host with the most, TOSSY!

HQ

Cannoness - 135
inferno pistol
evisirator
cloak of st aspira
jump pack
Book of st lucious

Elites

DH INQUISITOR - 302 points
Plasma gun
Retinue
Mystic x 2

Land Raider
extra armour

Troops

10 x Battle Sisters - 200
VSS
1 x flamer
1 x heavy flamer
Rhino
Extra armour
smoke launchers

10 x Battle Sisters - 200
VSS
1 x flamer
1 x heavy flamer
Rhino
Extra armour
smoke launchers

10 x Battle Sisters - 202
VSS
2x meltas
Rhino
Extra armour
smoke launchers

10 x Armoured fist - 170
Sergent
LasCannon
Chimera
heavy bolter
multilaser

10 x Armoured fist - 173
Sergent
LasCannon
Chimera
multilaser
heavy bolter
ex armour

Fast Attack

7 x Seraphim - 178
Vet sister
2 x hand flamers

HS

Exorsist - 140

Extra armour

Exorsist - 140

Extra armour

Leman Russ - 160
heavy bolter sponsons
heavy bolter
extra armour

When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

Generals of the above armies, please post your tactics for the battle as soon as you are able!

·
The Unpredictable
471 Posts
well, assuming the terrain is area as it was last match, i really am having trouble seeing a problem with what is presented in LL's list

Hull down my HS (LR, Russ, 2 x Exorsists) and pump shells towards the scarier targets, DA, Falcons and war walkers (even though they are strong a light breeze blows them over)

then my tanks will be shelling like a turtle around the battlefield the seraphim will go for the Fire Dragons who will colapse in CC and i have a Cannoness loaded up with faith and 2++ inv saves and evis will step in and try to damage the big guy, i have seen it done a number of times... that of course is if he does not fall earlier to the barrage

the sisters in tanks will do what any PA does best, shoot and assault the other threats

happy hunting all

Reactions: Karmoon

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
Unfortunately for the plan of blowing up my fragile things (and falcons are *not* fragile) there is size 3 terrain aplenty on this board. With the added bonus of scouts the war walkers will be nice and comfortable with deployment.

However this also means a few units are going to have trouble seeing, most notably the exorcists and dark reapers. My dark reapers I think will deploy in those bottom right rocks so that they can see any sisters unit that presents itself to close to the forest edge (basically any sisters thing that wants to shoot).

The war walkers are mobile firepower and since the seraphim have to come close to deal damage they're going to have a field day. War Walkers will tear through the seraphim, walking around forest edges and looking over rocks/ruins to see them.

The Land Raider is the big guns of the sisters army. Unfortunately its just met 10 fire dragons and 2 bright lances, it really won't like that. Especially since the dragons can make jumps along the forests to stay out of sight before they pounce on it. From there its a matter of S6 shots popping rhino's. Chimera's are a little tougher but they can't do much damage, and if the reapers are lacking any other targets the exarch can pop them.

Basically the sisters are relying on close up damage, meltaguns, flamers and cc, like all witchhunters do. This isn't going to happen against the eldar as they can easily run rings around them, the vehicles can go all hell at the reapers but then what? three quarters of his army dedicated to killing just my reapers and they still get 3 or so shooting phases? thats a great swap.

And the russ can't do anything more than spit heavy bolter shells at a disembarked unit (a unit that has basically already made its points back). No chance it'll make its points back that way.

Exorcists suffer from much the same problem, they need to be very lucky to bring down an eldar vehicle and they're going to have serious LoS problems. If they drive into sight it ruins their shooting and they get popped 1st more likely than not.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Both lists are solid, however Tossy's tactics seem a little confused (what Avatar?) and the map really favours LordLink's play style. I don't think it will be as easy as the tactics post made it sound, but I believe LordLink has it.

·
The Unpredictable
471 Posts
lol, desp was right, i assumed there would be one and thought i saw it when i was writing my tactics... i fixed that in my tactics

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Hmmm, another difficult match to call.

Link has the faster list, and his tanks are resistant to damage, but he lacks any really high strength weaponary, even though his lances lower the av of a vehicle. Where as Tossy, has the higher strength guns, but is slower to deploy them.

In the end, I think this battle will come down to 5 words, extra armour and smoke launchers. These little additions to all of Tossys vehicles make them really difficult to kill outright for a turn or 2, making it easier to pin link into positions that suit him, or keep firing.

Yes links tanks are resistant to firepower, but they aren't immortal. A good volley (I know it is dice dependant) on a falcon, or the warwalkers, and they could be toast. Faith included, I think that it will be very tight.

Tossy ftw

ninja out

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a feeling that Gingey hit this one on the head with his thoughts on the extra armor and smoke. With these Tosseh should have enough time to get his army across the board and force Link into some tight spots.

Sure Link can drop his 10 fire dragons off and nuke the LR but that is almost assuredly going to cost him both the dragons and the serpent in the process.

Tosseh ftw...

Reactions: Tossy

·
Registered
260 Posts
Im going to have to give this one to Link. Essentially, the sisters may have smoke, but that is only one use... after that it's transport hunting. Not only that but even with smoke if you can't move/shoot then your finished against Eldar. Not that it would be a sweep, as I think both lists are great, but in th end Link would pull it off due to his ability to move and keep the enemy from moving.

-V

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
Veahirin you need to bold your vote
I'd hate to lose on a simple mistake like that. :)

At Long Range I have:

40 S6 shots, some of them twin-linked.

6 S8 shots, 2 of them lances

At Short Range I have:

10 S8 hits
1 S9 hit

57 high strength shots a turn? if thats not much I'd hate to see a lot...I challenge any guard player to much that kind of heavy weaponry. Only the dire avengers and the pathfinders have low strength guns.

And then even assuming these rhino's and chimera's do survive for a while. What are they going to do exactly??? sit in the centre of the board breathing for 2-3 turns?

The mass flamers will never be in range of anything they can hurt.

Fire Dragons cost 160 points. The Land Raider costs 250 points (255?). The wave serpent has its own firepower and distracts incoming fire so its tough to just say 'fire dragons and serpent die'. Not really, its only the dragons trading off for the more expensive land raider (and pinning if anyones inside). The serpent is a seperate tank in its own right.

·
The Unpredictable
471 Posts
to be fair LL, you are going to lose anyway...

honestly i think your eldar would fall miserably to this list, dragons have no chance in CC and do you think they would get close enough to any armour to kill it, pfft do you think i am that bad of a player that i can't play the terrain game too

and since all your tactics revolve around them actually doing damage, i think you are up crap creek without a paddle

just to tack this on the end, BS3 don't hit too well... my BS4 will though and templates don't miss

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
Shaken is can't shoot, not can't move. So if I just shake you then you won't be firing back, giving me another round of shooting at you. Of course the same is true vise-versa.

The big difference is that I move faster than you, serpents can be on top of you turn 2 AND well hidden in the meantime. Tanks will have nowhere to hide that the skimmers can't flush them out. However if my tanks choose to hide you can't get into LoS with them with your slower exorcists. I can fly over all the forests to get to you in one turn, and still be hidden behind your forest from most of your shooting, you have to drive through forests, risking dangerous terrain and taking turns to get through BOTH forests on either the left or right side, or you have to drive around and play a game of angles that I can adjust to easily. That's where I reap my benefit from the terrain.

And I have to ask do you plan to leave some sisters hanging around land raider to charge dragons after they come over?

·
The Unpredictable
471 Posts
no, the LR is a dedicated transport, can't taxi sisters

and as i said, you arn't getting close to my LR or any other Armour Value HS without hitting CC... with Dragons gone so is the rest of your army... please don't try to confuse the voters

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
So there will be plenty of sisters around the land raider to counter-charge the dragons after the land raider blows up.

The Fire Dragons are in a fast, skimmer, transport. They are not going to disembark until they're in range of a valuable vehicle. How did you plan to charge them and stop them from firing? you have to shoot down the transport. I'm saying thats not such good odds as my serpent has plenty of hiding places behind the 4 forests, and it can move 24" turn 1 into a hiding place then on turn 2 jump on a vehicle. If you focus fire on that serpent then I have 2 other wave serpents...both with bright lances, that can do more than touch a vehicle. Especially with guided war walkers and a falcon back there too (for the non-land raider vehicles). Playing cover will end badly for you because I can jump around or over it better than you can.

·
The Unpredictable
471 Posts
bolters kill walkers, hell i could sneeze and they will fall...

my list has a stupid amount of anti tank, you've seen it for sure. you forget about the IG squads as well with las cannons... you skimmers have no hope against 2 2x Exorsists LR, Russ and las cannons... the best thing about this terrain is the fireing lanes, you may be able to get into the forest but you poke one little fin out and i blast you away, then bye bye dragons, even your falcon will not live up to that and we all know they are the most hardy tank in the game

the best thing is, I also have a stupid amount of anti troop, your list rely's on luck... and your whole luck list vs my only luck is in my exorsists, my chances far out weigh yours

oh and because of my scary ass HS you will not want to be in a firing lane but you will have to face my troops, seraphs, cannoness (who is also adept at tank killing), the closer you get to me the more my troops will flank and destroy you as much as you focus on my heavys you have to deal with them, and honestly your list can't do it...

you must choose a focus... one or the other and if you choose one the other win it for me. and as i said before, you focus too much on your dragons if i take them out your list crumbles... if you take out my LR with them and they die your list still crumbles, and all i am down is a land raider

·
1,065 Posts
What i'm really seeing here is a battle between vehicles, neither side has really mentioned there infantry much, besides seraphim and the firedragons. Armour wise, Tossy's got the firepower, while Links got the speed. In a game like this though, its pop outta the terrian shoot, and hope that you've blown the vehicle. With the extra upgrades on toss's stuff, i'm seeing plenty of heavy hitters surviving to keep on goin. However, the firedragons present a major problem, as well as brightlances.

I'm gonna have to go with tossy on this one, although for me it was VERY close.

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MATCH CLOSED

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.