Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level take and hold mission using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. Dan will have the south edge and the second turn while PTN will have the north edge and go first.

In the red corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 46 models, and 6 pieces of armor is the man without mercy, DANJONES!

HQ

Lord, Daemon weapon, Jump pack, Mark of Tzeentch Personnal icon.

Daemon Prince, Mark of Slaanesh, Flight, Lash

ELITES

5 Terminators, 5 combi plasma 1 power fist

TROOPS

10 Chaos marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist, IoCG
Rhino

10 Chaos marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist, IoCG
Rhino

10 Plague marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist and personnal icon
Rhino

FAST ATTACK

9 Raptors, dual melta, aspiring champion with lightening claws

HEAVY SUPPORT

Pred w/ AC LC sponsons

Pred w/ AC LC Sponsons

Pred w/ AC HB Sponsons Havoc Launcher

In the blue corner coming in with 5 TMCs and 103 other little Niddlies is the scariest thief of breakfast pastries to ever prowl through the night, POPTARTSNINJA!

HQ: (484 points)
Hive Tyrant “Baphomet”
Biomorphs: Toxin Sacs, Toxic Miasma, Wings, Flesh Hooks, Enhanced Senses
Weapon-Symbiotes: 2x Twin-Linked Devourers
Hive Mind Powers: Synapse Creature, The Horror, Warp Field

Hive Tyrant “Typhon”
Biomorphs: Extended Carapace, Toxic Miasma, Toxin Sacs
Weapon-Symbiotes: Venom Cannon, Barbed Strangler
Hive Mind Powers: Synapse Creature, The Horror, Catalyst
Retinue:
Tyrant Guard Brood (2 Guard)
Weapon-Symbiotes: Rending Claws, Lash Whips

Elites: (271 points)
Carnifex “Gino”
Biomorphs: Adrenal Glands (Initiative), Bio Plasma
Weapon-Symbiotes: 2x Scything Talons

Warrior Brood (3 Warriors)
Biomorphs: Flesh Hooks
Weapon-Symbiotes: Scything Talons, Rending Claws
Hive Mind Powers: Synapse Creature

Warrior Brood (3 Warriors)
Biomorphs: Flesh Hooks
Weapon-Symbiotes: Scything Talons, Rending Claws
Hive Mind Powers: Synapse Creature

Troops: (512 points)
Spinegaunt Brood (16 spinegaunts)
Weapon-Symbiotes: Spinefist

Genestealer Brood (12 Genestealers)
Weapon-Symbiotes: Rending Claws

Fast Attack: (192 points)
Gargoyle Brood (8 Gargoyles)
Biomorphs: Bio-Plasma
Weapon-Symbiotes: Fleshborer

Gargoyle Brood (8 Gargoyles)
Weapon-Symbiotes: Fleshborer

Heavy Support: (541 points)
Carnifex “Sturm”
Biomorphs: Enhanced Senses, Reinforced Chitin

Carnifex “Drang”
Biomorphs: Enhanced Senses, Extended Carapace

Zoanthrope Brood (3 Zoanthropes)
Biomorphs: Toxic Miasma
Hive Mind Powers: Warp Field, Synapse Creature, Warp Blast

When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

Generals of the above armies, please post your tactics for the battle as soon as you are able!

·
Son of LO
3,475 Posts
hmmm whilst the genestealers will be bloody in this game I don't think they're enough. Tyranids are outclassed in cc by the chaos army and the daemon prince will be tearing things to shreds. There are also a hell of a lot of plasma guns, meltaguns and lascannons to deal with troublesome MC's. Whilst smaller bugs can be beaten in melee.

Genestealers will cut a bloody swath but in the end chaos will hold the centre of the board.

DanJones

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Well, this is going to be the toughest game i will have paid in this VW yet. Id like to thank Lordlink for his support pre tactics.

I will deploy en mass behind the rocks on the southern edge. Attacking units enmass to use my numbers to the maximum effectivness. Also ensuring each unit has a near by power fist to hollow out an MC that arrive.

Ok, The first priorities i see are, to put as many holes as possible into the pesky zoanthropes. I beleive they will be the key to destorying my vehicles and if they are dead then i am relativly free with them. Lashing them out of there safe zone into Dakka pred range and blowing them into little pieces sounds a nice idea. Next, winged hive tyrant, itll be a right thorn in my side if it gets near my vehicles, so it will be one of the first targets for the AT preds, along with the gun fexes, whos VC will be annoying.

My troops will lord it around the rocks on the southern edge allowing me to shoot my plasma guns to maximum effect, my bolters will be very damaging against the hordes but cc will be even greater against them, with ultra grit. My units will charge enemy units en mass to use my lack of numbers to my benefit.

The termies will DS into range of the walking Tyrant and open up with a salvo of pain, this will then be followed by pred support to finish the beasty off.

When the time comes i will charge across the battle field using the rhinos to Tank shock my way to the objective, throwing enemy units out the way with lash, or closer to my charging squads allowing me to consolidate/sweeping advance onto the objective.

No stuck up beetle gets in the way of the olympian dream!

*Bangs fist on breast plate*

NO PRISONERS NO MERCY!

Dan

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
I see a lot of potential for Nids to counter the Chaos tactics but I won't assume that is what PTN is going to do.

Let's remember, these lists (referring to all current matches) have stood up to their fair share of armies so it really comes down to tactical use of the army and the mission to make a decision. Granted, a mission might not be tactically acheivable for a particular army but I'll wait and see.

*awaits PTN's tactics*

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
Well without PTN tactics, I am just gonna vote on what I think could happen.

Without extra armour on the preds, a volley of the advancing MC's guns could stop them from firing, making them effectively useless. As PTN can move and shoot, he is able to get angles on the preds easily.

The lash will be useful to pull the Tyranid army about, and move them away from the objective, and the deep striking termis could put a real downer on the MC's, but are they enough? If the zones aren't dead before the deep strike, then their deployment could be very short.

Again, the rhinos can be shot to bits by the advancing tyranids, but if the marines can rhino rapid fire the tyranids, and have the raptors pop up behind, they could smash the MC's after getting through the numbers.

And in the ned, I think this is what will swing it. I don't think the marines can kill all of the numbers if the carnis can stun the preds.

PTN ftw

ninja out

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a tough one to judge and while I can see Links point about all of the plasma in the list, I just don't like where it is located. If the plasmas are shooting at TMCs then the bolters are not shooting the swarm and vice versa. Dan will most likely reach the objective first but holding back the swarm is another story.

PTN ftw...

·
Registered
291 Posts
As long as Dan can put a good dent in the MCs before they reach combat, I don't think it will matter too much if the rest of the swarm makes it to him. Without something sneaky from PTN, I think Dan has it.

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Hrm... the hive tyrant is a nasty peice of work. No amount of love is going to remove him from the battle field.

I don't actually think Dan's termies will be able to take it out. Even with combi plasma fire, Tyrant guard guarded Tyrants (???) are obnoxiously difficult to kill.

That said, I think the Chaos have what it takes, so I'm leaning towards them.

The reason is.. as superficial as this sounds - lack of rending.
I think that on this occasion, the fluffy and good option of taking gargoyles has hurt PTN. If he had raveners and another brood of genies, then it would have been a bit better I think.

But, the problem is that the nids have conflicting interests.. those getting close obscuring shooting and stuff.

It's all up in the air. I'm going to vote Dan Jones

If PTN gets his tactics in time - i'll get the thread notification and I can alter as appropriate.

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MATCH CLOSED

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.