Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level seek and destroy mission using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. Arky will have the north board edge and the first turn while DJ will have the south board edge and the second turn.

In the red corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts and enough bikes to make a proper motorcycle gang is the Lord of stunties, ARKY!

2000 points Sons of Orden

traits: be swift as the wind/have pride in your colours

“bring your honour, bring your sword
you mighty men of Orden.
Reap your Foes in Fields of gore
You bloody sons of Orden!”

HQ
Captain
Lightening claw
Terminator honours
Space marine bike
120 points

Elites

Bike Squadron ( x5)
-furious charge
-Expert riders
terminator honours sergeant
-Thunder hammer
230 points

Bike Squadron ( x5)
-furious charge
-Expert riders
-Thunder hammer
230 points

Troops

5X space marine bikes
-expert riders
-2X plasma guns
-power weapon
215 points

5X space marine bikes
-expert riders
-2X plasma guns
-power weapon
215 points

5X space marine bikes
-expert riders
-2X plasma guns
-power weapon
215 points

Fast attack

Attack Bike squadron
2X attack bikes with multi meltas
130 points

Attack Bike squadron
130 points

Attack Bike squadron
130 points

Heavy support

Predator annihilator
Sponson lascannons
Extra armour
Dozer blade
155 points

predator destructor
Sponson heavy bolters
Dozer blade
115 points

predator destructor
Sponson heavy bolters
Dozer blade
115 points

In the blue corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 46 models, and 6 pieces of armor is the man without mercy, DANJONES!

HQ

Lord, Daemon weapon, Jump pack, Mark of Tzeentch Personnal icon.

Daemon Prince, Mark of Slaanesh, Flight, Lash

ELITES

5 Terminators, 5 combi plasma 1 power fist

TROOPS

10 Chaos marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist, IoCG
Rhino

10 Chaos marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist, IoCG
Rhino

10 Plague marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist and personnal icon
Rhino

FAST ATTACK

9 Raptors, dual melta, aspiring champion with lightening claws

HEAVY SUPPORT

Pred w/ AC LC sponsons

Pred w/ AC LC Sponsons

Pred w/ AC HB Sponsons Havoc Launcher

When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
So its seek and destroy, Double victory points, on a board that looks like concrete ville with some kinda urban oasis in the middle. Hmmm.

Well as im pretty sure everyone will know, arky has more faster units than ones self. :? So with the game being about smashing 7 bells out of each other. Im going to sit in the builing in the bottom right, now code name plasma hole. My troop choices arent going to be in there rhinos. I will hole up in there pulling units towards myself with lash and blasting them into lots of little pieces with my entire forces strength. The rhinos will be terrain, blocking the 'roads' between the terrain with there armoured coffin ness. Once combat ensues the raptors will leap over the other the combats to grab enemy units skirtting on the edges of the fight. with a combination of speed, Melta and death screamer assualt weapons and lash.

My preds will roll forwards and back to make sure there never stationary for the thunder hammer rushers. They will try and engage the enemy armoured units along with the melta attack bikers.

The terminators will deep strike into break up any naughty bikes that are out of any cover when they become available, then they will walk into the next available target toshow them there shiney new power weapons and overheating plasma weapons!

Doing this means i have my entire force against what arky throws at the plasma hole. I have supieor numbers, cover saves, ultra grit, plasma (lots), combat advantage in terrain and the plagues have blight grenades too. There is plenty of fists to go round for all the bikers too, which will make a mockarey of there increased toughness.

SONS OF OLYMPIA! SHOW THESE DOGS WHAT REAL ASTARTES LOOK LIKE!

*Everyone in Dans army shows off there blinging Chevrons*

Dan

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
This game generally speaking will come down to the opening one or two turns. Either I break into dans aptly named plasma hole or I get turned into burning slag just outside. On the upside I have several things going for me. For starters I’ve got first turn, which lets face it is rather nice. Taking advantage of this I don't need to deploy my bikes behind cover and turbo boosting turn one is a perfectly acceptable option giving me a significant degree of protection from the plasma hole for the first turn or so (depending how much fire is focused onto each bike unit)

The attack bikes will be like dwarves in a gold mine thanks to the wide array of armoured targets hanging around the map and should have little trouble in engaging the rhino's and predators with their multimeltas while the predators provide lethal ranged support.

Due to my superior movement I should therefore be able to bring a significant amount of my force to bear on a smaller part of Dan’s where a break through has occurred. Thanks to my skilled riders and frag grenades the cover will provide little protection from the inevitable lightning bike assault and its rather messy aftermath.

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Brilliant tactics Arky,

against a standard set up applying all pressure in one place would have assured my vote for you.

But I'm afraid that Dan Jones has called your bluff on this one. I think you're going into a trap, and you'll do a lot of damage.. but it's a game of 6 turns, and that'll have a nasty effect on your small squad.

I reckon it'll be the Sons of Olympia who triumph over the Sons of Ordea.

Damn.. it's a fluffy battle with fluffy tactics too. Awesome.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Hahaha, something about the tactics here makes me think of pioneer settlers hitching their wagons in a circle to fend off Native Americans...

or...

Colonial British troops forming a square to fend off "the savages"...

Anyway, by clumping up dan has severely neuter the usefulness of "The Sons of Orden"'s mobility, as Arky will be unable to divide and conquer.

This one's gonna go very much in the favor of DanJones, FTW.

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
Because of the reasons listed above, I will be voting for Danjones in this one - I don't think Arky has the numbers or the shootiness to compete with Dan's list and plan.

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plasma hole or not I really think Arkeh has this game. The tipping factor for me was the fact that he will retain his saves against Dan's plasma weaponry after a turbo boost and once combat is reached he not only has increased T but he also has FC on his side in the case of the elite bikes. Arkehs Attack bikes and AT pred will make short work of the opposing tanks while the dakka preds will be able to lend their fire to help clear the marines.

·
for good and for awesome!
1,492 Posts
Chaos - danjones

The only thing I see that gives Chaos the advantage is its numbers. The Bikers have one less Plasma Gun and 3 times as much Melta, so firepower isn't an advantage for Chaos.

I dare say that the armour both armies have brought are equal considering their foes, the Bikers with a possible edge.

The higher Toughness of Bikers coupled with their TB save will help them avoid casualties. This means that they will get to fire on the plasma pit, to soften it up, before getting the charge. The FCing Elite Bikers may translate into a goodly amount of Chaos that won't get to fight in combat.

However, with those Raptors and Terminators lying in wait, not to mention the DP, I don't think the Bikers will be able to take on all threats. Attrition will be their undoing.

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MATCH CLOSED

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.