Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let the battle Commence!

PLEASE NOTE: All board edges and turn orders will be determined randomly!

This will be a Gamma level take and hold mission using the infiltrate, deepstrike, and victory point special rules. Phoenix will have the north board edge and the second turn while DJ will have the south board edge and the first turn.

In the red corner weighing in at an impressive 1994 pts and bringing the fear of the fire is the enigmatic birdman himself, PHOENIX!

2000 points Crons

HQ:

The Deceiver

Necron Lord w/ Warscythe + Nightmare Shroud + Phase Shifter + Destroyer Body
200 pts

Elites:

8x pariahs

6x flayed ones

6x flayed ones

Troops:

10x warriors

10x warriors

Fast attack:

3x wraiths

3x wraiths

9x scarab swarms w/ D Fields
144 pts

Heavy Support:

1x heavy destroyer

1x heavy destroyer

2x tomb spyders

Total:
1994 pts
41 Necrons
P.O.: 10 Necrons

In the blue corner weighing in at an impressive 2k pts, 46 models, and 6 pieces of armor is the man without mercy, DANJONES!

HQ

Lord, Daemon weapon, Jump pack, Mark of Tzeentch Personnal icon.

Daemon Prince, Mark of Slaanesh, Flight, Lash

ELITES

5 Terminators, 5 combi plasma 1 power fist

TROOPS

10 Chaos marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist, IoCG
Rhino

10 Chaos marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist, IoCG
Rhino

10 Plague marines, dual plasma, aspiring champion with powerfist and personnal icon
Rhino

FAST ATTACK

9 Raptors, dual melta, aspiring champion with lightening claws

HEAVY SUPPORT

Pred w/ AC LC sponsons

Pred w/ AC LC Sponsons

Pred w/ AC HB Sponsons Havoc Launcher
When casting your vote please be sure to either put the name of the winner you chose as the subject line of your post or put it in bold somewhere in the post, thanks!

Generals of the above armies, please post your tactics for the battle as soon as you are able!

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Having provided the SeeD (hehe, FFVIII pun there for anyone who gets it...) list, none other than my take on the infamous 'Cron Psych' list, i guess ill be doing the tactics for them too.

For now, the tactics will be to get into combat asap and cause as much carnage as possible. With the speed, high Str and Init of the Wraiths + Deslord, they should be pretty nimble and good for tearing things up. And also being fast will be handy for claiming the objective in the final turn, so long as they are still around.

The Pariahs will use cover as much as possible, and make the Termies their priority target.

Flayed ones will be in support, whilst also going Raptor hunting.

Heavy destroyers will be Tank hunting, as will the warriors if they get the chance as they march towards the objective.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
Well, Hello ladies and Gentlemen.

Well this mission is a take and hold, which pheonix/deciever hasnt spoken about. Unfortunately the objective is the rather un desirable open ground in the middle of the board, known to all as 'Plasma Valley'. I am going to set up with my force inside the building on the bottom left of the map, these will be on the edge of deployment zone and so will be able to sneak inside the objective area with one turns movement which i will leave until late game.

I will deploy out of my rhinos.

My preds will hunt the heavy destroyers aiming to take them down in one turn so theres no similar units for the WBB roll then following on to the tomb spiders.
The Dakka pred will target the wraiths along with the majority of my forces.

The deciever is going to be one tough nut. im going to lash him back and keep him at arms length until the time is right to unleash as much fire power as possible into him.

Im not worried about the flyaed ones, they are inferior assualt units compared to my troops and will fall beneath my iron fist. *punches fist into palm*.

I can see the swarms firing forwards to take advantage of a inv save in the first turn and then trying to leap onto my tanks. I will give them a volley from my bolters which should take them out in turn 1.

In the later turns in the game i will advance from the building into Plasma valley, marching over the smoking ruins of the unfortunate crons to my objective.

SONS OF OLYMPIA, ITS TIME TO TAKE THE GLORY AT HAND!

Dan

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I think on this one Dan is the man with the plan. The deceiver will make things a bit tricky, but he'll pull it out in the end.

DanJones, ftw.

·
Now 17% more helpful
2,247 Posts
With the lash keeping the Deceiver busy, and the superior guns of the chaos army, I think DJ will edge this.

I can't see the SeeD list being able to hold the area long enough to win the game, and without a monolith, they are going to suffer some real high casualties.

ninja out

·
Registered
144 Posts
DanJones has this one with that much high strength low AP rounds the crons wont get back up with alot of those shots. His list looks built to bring down the crons.

·
Air brush addict
221 Posts
Dan Jones for the win

Being an ex cron player this is an undesirable choice, but when I used to play dan with them I found that necrons abundance of medium rage weapons became there bane as chaos just out range, out power, and out combat crons in nearly every way. Many a time I found myself ranting about wraiths not having the needed punch against SMA. Dans classic wall of fire approach to necrons works and defeated me every time even when I had a lith so the absence of this army survivability booster would take its toll.

JB

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MATCH CLOSED

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.