Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Dork Knight
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My boyfriend used this list recently and lost no Imperial Guard units and lost all of his Dark Angels but 2 of them. Tell me what you think.

HQ
Company Command Squad (In Chimera)
4 Plasma Guns
1 Plasma Pistol
1 Krak Greanades

Librarian (With Devastator Squad)
1 Boltgun

Troop
Veteran Squad 1-6 (In Chimeras)
18 Grenade Launchers
6 Autocannons

Scout Squad (5 marines)
5 Sniper Rifles

Dedicated Transport
Chimera 1-7
7 Multi Lasers
7 Heavy Bolters

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Executioner
2 Plasma Cannons
1 Laser Cannon

Devastator Squad 1-3 (5 marines)
12 Lascannons

Fortification
Aegis Line with Quad Gun

·
4,967 Posts
Your DA allies appear to have 3 heavy support units. You can only have one per ally FOC chart. Being a 2000 point list you can of course take another FOC chart but would need to double up on the minimums (including for allies) to do this.

Anyway, on to the list.

HQ: CCS is fine. Drop the Plasma pistol and grenades. Libby is fine.

Troops: It's a shame to put puny GLs on veterans. Plasmas or meltas are so much nicer. I would take 2 melta squads and 4 plasma squads. Ditch the ACs for some of the points needed for the upgrade. Scouts are fine, do they have cloaks? Chimeras would be better with ML+HF especially on the melta squads. If you stay put then i can see the attraction of ML+HB but you will often want to advance or retreat to either get the plasmas in rappid range or keep the range more open to avoid being charged.

Heavy: Rus is good but drop the LC. It should be shooting troops not taking a pot shot at tanks and wasting all the lovely plasmas. 5 Devastators would be better with a few meatshield bodies in the unit. Since you have to drop 2 of the units you could look to more russ or Hydras or vendettas to do a similar role or look at MM attack bikes.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Heavy: Rus is good but drop the LC. It should be shooting troops not taking a pot shot at tanks and wasting all the lovely plasmas. 5 Devastators would be better with a few meatshield bodies in the unit. Since you have to drop 2 of the units you could look to more russ or Hydras or vendettas to do a similar role or look at MM attack bikes.
I agree on most of your points, but I think that there is a use case for the lascannon in maintaining anti transport threat and dealing with MC and termies. The stronger argument against, in my opinion, is the cost inefficiency. It's still a scary tank as is.

·
The Dork Knight
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought as long as you took a hq and troop choice as allies you could take anything else at a 2,000 point game. Thats the way we always played it at the shop.

·
4,967 Posts
It isn't how the rulebook says things work.

If you are 2000 points or more you can take another FOC so you double the maximum slots like 4 HQ, 6 Elite, 12 troop etc. You can also double the allies if you like. However your minimums double too so you must have 2 HQ + 4 troops from the primary codex then if you choose allies you need another HQ+troop per ally detatchment.

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
I ran 2 librarians, 2 tactical squads with plasma cannons and 2 devastator squads with laser cannons for allies. I don't know where got the scout squads and extra devastator squad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts