Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After some careful thought and reflection, I've decided my previous army list, while seemingly playable at first glance, is in fact an unmitigated disaster and completely clashes with my play style. I focused in on including everything that I really wanted, but ended up with a smorgasbord of suck and fail. With that in mind, I've constructed a second army list, with a little more focus on function, rather than form.

Lord: 1 Core: 4
Hero: 3 Spec: 4
Char: 4 Rare: 2

Heroes *744*

Tomb King 268
w/ Hand Weapon, Light Armour, Collar of Shapesh, Destroyer of Eternities

Liche Priest 168
w/ Hand Weapon, Skeletal Steed, Staff of Ravening

Liche Priest 148
w/ Hand Weapon, Skeletal Steed, Dispell Scroll

Liche Priest 160
w/ Hand Weapon, Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar

Core *740*

10 Skeleton Warriors
w/ Hand Weapon, Bow

10 Skeleton Warriors
w/ Hand Weapon, Bow

30 Skeleton Warriors
w/ Hand Weapon, Shield, Light Armour, Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion

30 Skeleton Warriors
w/ Hand Weapon, Shield, Light Armour, Musician, Standard Bearer

Spec *586*

24 Tomb Guard
w/ Standard Bearer, Musician, Banner of the Undying Legion

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Rare *180*

Screaming Skull Catapult

Screaming Skull Catapult

(The Hierophant is, obviously, the one with the Cloak of the Dunes.)

There are still quite a few aspects of this list that don't quite sit right with me, however. The first are the two units of 30. I think that may be a little excessive- but at the same time, if I split them in to three units of 20, they definitely won't be as effective as I want them to be (I want to make sure that I'm outnumbering most opponent's units). I've been considering either trimming them down to 25 man units to get some wiggle room points, or else fielding them six men wide. The champion in the one unit is just because I had 10 points left over at the very end.

The second is the depressing lack of chariots. I feel like my Tomb King is being under-utilized by not taking advantage of his ability to make chariots in to core choices. As I'm not fielding cavalry in this army, having a mobile chariot unit around could certainly help with flank charging. On a related note, my third gripe with my list is the lack of Carrion- I've never had luck with flyers, as I always manage to find new ways of getting them killed before they do what I want them to do (war machine sniping, usually). That said Carrion are relatively cheap for flyers, all things considered (they're certainly not a price-gouge like, say, Terradons in the Lizardmen list), and I can certainly see why they would be super-useful in a fear-causing army. At the same time, giving up a Tomb Scorpion is a very painful thing to do- those things are just plain nasty.

I left the Casket off my list this time. While I so very, very badly want to use it, I just can't find a way for me to play in a style that revolves around defending a linchpin. I already have two characters that I have to keep alive at all costs, having a third one that's also immobile seems... impractical. I want to stick one in a 3,000 point list, because at that level, the loss of the casket isn't going to hurt nearly as much, but in my 2,250 list, I just can't field one and still play in the manor I feel comfortable (I need to be mobile).

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Hmm, considering you have the TG aswell, then i definitely think the units of 30 skellies are too large. As you said, trim them down to 25. Its the optimum number for them i think, and theyll rarely be much more useful much bigger than that.

Consider, what exactly are the small archer units going to be good for? And how much damage will they actually do. In combat they will be generally useless, and at range, maybe 1 kill per unit per turn. I definitely think dropping them for 2 units of 3 Chariots will be a god idea. Should be able to afford them perfectly along with the skellie losses from the other units. Also, as you said, the King isnt really fully utilised unless you take Core Chariots. You pay for it in his points cost, so you may aswell. And Chariots are amazing.

Finally, if you are going to be basing yourself around 2SSCs, then please, please! upgrade them. Think Murphy's (Sod's) Law...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could remove both archers, and five men from each unit of skeleton warriors, and have enough points for two units of 3 chariots. This gives me 10 points left over, so after trading in the unit champion in the one skeleton warrior units, I have enough points to get Skulls of the Foe with one of the catapults. Not enough points to get it on the catapult, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts