Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll use this against a DA army, but I'm not sure if my opponent can get to 3,000 pts so maybe I'll have to take something away. Here it is:

HQ
- Warsmith: Terminator armour, Kai gun, master crafted Lightning claw, Furious Charge, MoCU, Daemonic Essence 185
-Retinue: 5 Chosen: 5 x Terminator armour, 1 combi-melta & Lightning Claw, 1 combi-melta & power fist, 1 combi-melta & chainfist, 2 twin bolter & power weapon, MoCU, Furious Charge 284
- Lieutenant: Daemonic Aura, power fist, Bolter-Meltagun, MoCU , Daemonic Essence 120
-Retinue: 6 Chosen, bolt pistols & ccweapons, 1 Autocannon, 1 missile launcher, MoCU 148
-Rhino, extra armour, smoke launchers, combi-flamer 73

Elites

-3 obliterators 210
-3 obliterators 210
-6 Chosen (independant): 6x Terminator armour, 1 reaper cannon & power fist, 1 reaper cannon & chainfist, MoCU, Furious Charge 293

Troops
-6 Iron Warriors: bolters, 1 plasma gun, 1 missile launcher 104
-6 Iron Warriors: bolters, 1 plasma gun, 1 missile launcher, MoCU 6 110
-9 Iron Warriors: bolters, 1 plasma gun, 1 missile launcher, MoCU 9, 1 Champion: bolt pistol & power weapon 169

Fast attack
-6 Raptors: 2 meltaguns, 1 flamer, Furious Charge, MoCU , 1 champion: 2 master crafted lightning claws, Daemonic Aura, Daemonic Armour 297

Heavy support
-Basilisk: indirect fire 125
-Land Raider 250
-Predator: twin lascannon, lascannon sponsons, mutated hull, smoke launchers 178
-6 havocs: 4 lascannons, 2 bolt pistol&ccw, Tank Hunters 242

Total: 3000

What do you think?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Ingenious!

Though I think u used a bit many lascannons... that's my oppinion...
I mean, if you run in to a nasty amount of orcs or tyranids, I would think it could go easier if you had more heavy bolters andor autocannons...

OOOpppsss gotta go.... I'll comment later...

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason for all those lascannons and missile launchers is that it's a list I'll use against DA (nope, STILL haven't played that battle :evil: ), against IG all squads get heavy bolters, and my Lieutenant's chosen unit will have 2 heavy bolters and an autocannon.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Hmmm now I understand why...

I have to agree on something, I both hate and love lascannons, what I mean is that they are my best friend and my worst enemy.

What? You guessed it... I also play Iron Warriors.
Anyway, I always put a Basilisk in my army(!).
They are kinda good at taking out nasty little...ermmm...all kind of things!
Well, lascannons are great against Necrons, I managed to Immobolize a Monolith on a Night Fight mission in the first round... thought he hit me once...that hurt!
And also they make great "no resurection allowed" kills...he he he..

Cheers....

A monotone chant of "Iron within, Iron without,Iron within, Iron without,Iron within, Iron without,Iron within, Iron without,Iron within, Iron without,Iron within, Iron without,Iron within, Iron without,Iron within, Iron without,Iron within, Iron without...

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the Basilisk RULES!!! With indirect fire it's a nightmare for your opponent, especially against IG in a night fight :twisted: . The first battle I used it was nightfight against IG, and it was my first time to use ordnance, and also the first time I had to guess a range. The first shot my basilisk fired was aimed at a bunch of infantry (nice big target, it would always hit something I thought), but it was 3 inches too far, then it scattered 4 inches or something, and blew up a leman russ battletank!!! Normally I always have trouble taking out AV 14 (I suck at armour penetration rolls, actually I suck at even hitting a tank with a lascannon)!

·
Registered
485 Posts
If you plan to use this list against DA I'd add some transport for your troops / HQ. Otherwise they'll just get killed by plasma cannons.
Maybe you should ditch the terminator armour on the Chosen. In my opinion it's a waste of point especially if your DA opponent packs alot of plasma

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I know what the other guy has in his army, and he has only 2 plasma cannons (each in a 5 man tac squad, he's not very creative), and an assault squad with some plasma pistols and that's it. Plus I'm used to fighting the IG so I tend to spread my models, meaning his plasma cannons won't do too much :). I'll just shoot the units with plasma first :twisted: . And I like termies, they're good in close combat and the reapers can take out his 2 dreadnoughts.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I agree with your points...

First, rhinos or any other transport is a must... fast moving and can shrug off the worst of the shooting against it. Though watch out for nice jump pack units that like to block the exit points, I have experienced it... and that made me very sad :cry: ...

Terminators? Yeeee their good enough, though expencive. Either way they kick ass once they get to close combat(Not against choppa wielding orcs that is!). I always prefer to put a Champion with lightning claws in the squad... it makes other Termies say ouch befor they can say "Charge"!...he he ...

By the way, BorninDarkness... good thing you like basilisks.. he he they kill good...he he he .
If you have read the codex good I think you might have noticed about the iron Warriors that they may field a Basislisk AND a Vindicator. I enterprit this as both are allowed in the same army.
Anyway what do you think og Vindicators, personally I think they lack range for such a devestating weapon, they are doomed to be shot at...

Anyway... Skål.
Adjø.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I know my Troops squads are kinda small, but that's all I have painted right now (don't want to use too many close combat weapons in an IW army). Since it's mainly a 'stand and shoot' army I don't think I'll need rhinos now. BTW MoCU stands for Mark of Chaos Undivided, the Troops squads are multiples of 3 because that number has a special meaning in the organisation of IW, though it has no games effect whatsoever.

And Dragonslayero, I must admit I don't have a vindicator yet. It would be cool to have, because I really like the model so I definately want one, but I'm not sure how to use it. Since it'll draw a lot of fire it'll either need some upgrades like Mutated Hull and maybe Daemonic Possession, but that'll raise the points cost considerably. Alternatively, I could also field a stripped down Vindicator (no upgrades at all), and simply use it to draw fire away from my other tanks, and to keep the opponent away from a certain area. You'd be amazed how many players refuse to move a squad within 24" of a Vindicator or Demolisher 8)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Anyway. The next dilemma i have run into, is how to make, if I use it, a vindicator more chaotic.

Of course the vindicator is a piece of modern Imperium wargear, but the forces of Chaos have been taking refuge in the eye of terror since the Horus herecy...
Now the dilemma: :twisted:
Would it not be cool to use an extremely "spiked up", mutated IG Thunderer Siege tank as a Vindicator?

Prost!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A thunderor is cool, but it's based on the Leman Russ, and the Vindicator is always based on the rhino (which hasn't changed since the heresy). Just use plenty of spiky things :)

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I'm quite sure you can get the spiky things from mail order. And about the Thunderer being expensive, yes that's always the problem with FW, and I wouln't use it to represent a vindicator anyway.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
yea I'm sure your right.
But anyway, if there's a will there's a way

By the way, you know I mentioned immobolizing a Monolith?
Well now it's better, I managed to destroy one. Listen to this:

7 lascannons firing
5 hits
3 glansing
1 D6
one 6!

I liked that, also thanks to my Basilisk for wonderful cooperation.
Blasting away the nasty warrior squads.

Anyway, Cheers

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Necrons have a nasty habit of ganging up with the lord(s!), which thereby allows them to teleport, using deep strike rules, anywhere on the table.

if your lucky they will get lost of the board edge, though I haven't experienced it yet.
Yes they can easily be outshot by IW, but their 3+ armour just makes them annoying. They have a nasty habit of surviving the wounds, normally not against double strength weapons, but the lord "normally" makes it allowed in those cases too.

I had an experience with a rescue mission:
My deamon prince found the "treasure", only a piece of paper.
He was then targeted by my opponent's warrior squad with lord.
Lucky for me my DP was located on top of a building, they teleported just outside the building, three landed on top.
They got butchered by my DP. The rest where blasted by 2x5man squads with bolters + 5 oblitherators with lascannons.

All but the lord where wounded, he resurected 4 of 10 models, and then fled to safety behind a sertain Monolith that got to taste lascannon afterwords.

In most cases i gues we outgun them, but the necrons a nasty tank killers.
Basisliks are a "other side of the table" matter.

Anyway, gotta go...

Cheers...

By the way, what is "cheers" in dutch?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers in Dutch? Well to tell you the truth, I don't think we have something like that for messages. However if you mean cheers when you're drinking, it's 'proost' (pronounce like prose) :D

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Thank's...

now I only have to learn it in french, polish, portugese, spanish, Chekkan and maybe chinese...he he he he he he he heh.

Russian: Eztrovia
Norwegian: Skål
German: Prost
Italian: Salut
Inuit(Greenland): Kasutta
Turkish: Sheriffe
I think in chinese it is: Chin chin.

ok, enough out of me.
Thank's again...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.