Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Which one do you think would work the best??

Keeper of secrets 265
Musk, pavenne , instrument of chaos, unholy might(
Masque X 1 100
6 fiends X2 360
9 seekers X2 274
33 demonettes

Bloodthirster 275
Holy might, instrument
Herald of khorne X2 260
Juggy, fury of khorne, unholy might
3 blood crushes X2 250
Instrument
25 blood letters 400
Soulgrinders X2 320
phlepm

Kugath 300
Epidermis 110
4 beast of nurgle 140
24 plague bearers 360
7 nurglings 96
Soulgrinders X2 320
Phlepm
Demon prince 170
Flight, MON,

·
Registered
26 Posts
List #3 is easily the most competitive out of the three. I really want to like list 1, but Slaanesh makes a sad mono god list unfortunately. I'd even chose Khorne over Slaanesh.

·
143 Posts
Slaanesh makes a sad mono god list unfortunately.

Couldn't disagree more. Slaanesh has solid heralds, probably the best elite and Greater Daemon choices, decent fast attack and good combat DP's. The only thing that lets them down is there troop choices, but two or three large daemonette units are hardly bad.

From a; I'd drop Masque and pavenes - your list has a ton of fleet and grenades, so it's not really needed. More fiends too.

From b; drop the heralds for another Bloodthirster, 3 units of 8 bloodletters should even out the points.

From c; drop the DP, kugath and beasts for 3xDP with MoN, Flight, Touch, Flies and Breath to get the tally up.

·
Torn ACL FTL
4,404 Posts
2 and 3 are pretty poor (too slow, nothing to handle armor, obvious lynchpin units), but 1 is workable. Mono Slaanesh can work pretty well considering how solid Fiends, Heralds/Keepers, and DPs are. Daemonettes are the weak link but in numbers they can endure a good while.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
At 1500 points, I'd say that mono-slaanesh is one of the more competitive builds. As others have mentioned, you don't need pavane though, not since everything has fleet. I'd say you're better off dropping the masque for either more fiends, or finding the points for a second Keeper of Secrets.

I don't like list B at all. Khorne is good for front line troops, or backup muscle, but mono-khorne is far too slow unless you load up on bloodthirsters and winged princes, and at this point level, that's not so feasible.

List C isn't bad, but too slow. You need to drop the soul grinders and beasts, and use the points to field 3 daemon princes of nurgle with flight, noxious touch, breath, and cloud of flies, or else you won't get the tally up.

Also, it might seem unthinkable, but you should probably drop Kugath at this point level, and instead fill up on plaguebearers, at least if you want to be competitive.

Oh, and what about list D? No love for mono-tzeentch?

Herald on chariot w/bolt, master of sorcery, we are legion x2
5 Pink horrors w/bolt x3
9 Pink horrors w/changeling
3 Flamers of Tzeentch x3
3 Daemon Princes of Tzeentch w/bolt

^_^

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i figured since tz is Op in fantasy i thought the same for this, i may be wrong. Anyway i played with my slanessh list and wiped elder of the board. Too bad 1st half of the game sucked as the gods denied my choice(saw it coming) and all my demonetes came on and they just got shot to bits. But when all my seekers and fiends came they just raped my opponent as he was surrounded XD. 2nd list was my friends as he loves the models and thrid was just for fun. As for the masque, it helped alot by getting units out of cover or make them out of line of sight(moveing snipers and reaper behind cover). I think she helped me alot and think ill keep her, plus shes a nice model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts