Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3.5" floppy disks and old CD cases make great construction materials for buildings. For the disks, breaking them open into two halves (removing the storage media inside) leaves you with two sturdy pieces of plastic that has plenty of detail for highlighting. I use a hot glue gun for assembling them. I have cut the disks in half for my buildings and they still have plenty of height for use.

The CD cases can be used for larger surfaces like building floors and rooftops, or ramps. If you are looking for a long, smooth surface with a slight raised edge, CD cases can do the trick.

Both of these can be used to make some neat small buildings and great centerpieces for certain battles (take and hold, sabotage).

I will have an image posted in the scenery section soon...

·
Registered
78 Posts
hi,
that sounds really interesting (and did i forget the word cheap?) but could you give a little more information, on regarding exactly how?
Because making a CD case a ramp seems a like a very wide ramp..
Could you please help me out here? as my Mordheim battles need some cheap buildings :p

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can trim the case by scoring it and breaking like a piece of glass, or carefully cutting it with heavy duty snippers. A hot glue gun is essential for assembly also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.