13 Warriros
13 Warriors

1 Lord w Orb
1 Lord w Orb

1 Monolith
1 Monolith
1 Monolith

41 Crons, phase out at 10.

Attach 1 lord to each flanking squad to give the center squad double orb coverage.

Anti armor is handled by the 39 gauss weapons and Mono plates.
Anti horde by 3 flux projectors.
CC by 3 teleporters that can pull the entire army out of CC on any turn.

The only thing missing is anti Zilla but crons always have a problem with that.

What do you think?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Nasty. Could the Lords actually start in reserve? Im not sure about that, and having them alone on the table to begin with may not be good for them.

Possibly drop some warriors (=<9) in place of Destroyers, Immortals and/or Scarabs.

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
I don't like it. There... I said it...
I think it is rather easy to beat considering the low amount I need to kill for everything to disappear. it is far from hard to kill 2 units and 3-4 warriors from the third unit. I've taken out a whole (15man) unit in one turn on the outskirts... that equals no WBB, and some heavy problems for the necron player. Sure it would be a good army against a newbie as he would be overwhelmed. But against a veteran you would be easy pickings. especially if you exchange some warriors for destroyers! The key is to kill the warriors and ignore everything else. This is rather easy if it is a compact army, even if you teleport around and get 2 WBB saves...

These are just my experiences fighting the vile xenos, take it as you will

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt, I thought about your list, getting close to semi rending sisters would be a real downer for this list...

Don't know enough about the codex yet to say if I can start them all in reserve. I can under 5th ed rules though...

·
367 Posts
31 Necrons are not hard to kill in 1700 points.

U cant WBB from sweeping advance no matter what u have so close combat armies will hit one unit very hard to force you to loose and run.

Tau on the other hand will use their rails to take out the liths and every dropped lilth will hurt you.

Las can spam, see Tau but worse as CSM and SM can fight back too.

In short, it looks good but its a win/big loose big army.

To improve it a little take one Lord with Orb/Veil and drop a lith and take another 17 warriors divided as you like. (i would take 3 x 12 and 2 x 10 and keep 2 x 12 in reserve with 2 liths)

Gives you 3 teleport options, increases you phase out to 14 (43 needed to be killed)

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
I like Nullsheen's version. 2 Monoliths and a few more troops. The armies that can kill monoliths and don't fear them aren't any more troubled by 3, and the armies that can't handle them are certainly overpowered by 2 at 1700.

With all three monoliths... some poor reserves rolls and a couple lucky earth shakers can essentially end your game on turn2. It's the same hazard as a drop pod army where they trickle in a few at a time and have to face the entirety of the enemy's wrath. Except the stakes are much higher since you can end up suffering a slaughter while over half the value of your army is still in play =).

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I was going 2 liths I would do the following.

2x10 Immortals

2x13 warriors in reserve

2 Monoliths

1 Lord with Orb and veil

The Immortals at T5 don't really need a res orb as str 10 weapons are fairly rare they have great range so they don't need to start in reserve, range also allows them to support the deep strikers and protects them a bit from CC. Lastly it allows you to concentrate fire from all 20 of them on a single opponent.

IF you field warriors you simply cant get them in range of anything. They move and only shoot 12 they stand and shoot only once.

Of course a lash with oblits will destroy up to 2 units of immortals a turn.... But thats a risk you take with any elite army.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for that!

I guess I would go with something near null sheens list in that case....

2 squads of 10 warriors 360
2 squads of 12 in reserve 432
2 liths 470
1 orb veil lord 200
8 immortals. 224
1686 total

1 - 10 of 10 Posts