Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying out a new list. I'm relatively new to the game and some advice/tactics would be much appreciated.

I did some research around this site and came up with a list that I think is pretty balanced. I also think it's worth noting that I tried to make the list pretty generic so that it can have answers for any army, but my first opponent will be using High Elves.

Anyway, on to the list:

Lords:
Oldblood: Spear, Light Armour, Shield, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Glyph Necklace, Carnosaur [419]
Slann Mage-Priest: Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Becalming Cogitation, BSB, Dispel Scrollx2 [450]

Heroes:
Skink Priest: Lvl. 2, EOTG, Plaque of Tepok, Dispel Scroll [430]
Skink Priest: Diadem of Power, Dispel Scroll [115]
Skink Chief: Stegadon, Stegadon War-Spear [340]
Saurus Scar-Veteran: Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior [124]

Core:
16 Saurus Warriors: Spears, Standard, Musician [210]
10 Skink Skirmishers [70]

Special:
16 Temple Guard: Standard, Musician [277]
3 Terradon Riders [90]
5 Cold-One Cavalry: Musician, Standard (Plaque of Dominion) [255]

Rare:
1 Salamander Hunting Pack: 1 extra handler [80] (Note: against the High Elves, I'm switching this for a Razordon with an extra handler)

Total Points: 3000

What do you guys think?

·
4,361 Posts
Lords:
Oldblood: Spear, Light Armour, Shield, Venom of the Firefly Frog, Glyph Necklace, Carnosaur
Like him.
Slann Mage-Priest: Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Becalming Cogitation, BSB, Dispel Scrollx2
Like him too.
Heroes:
Skink Priest: Lvl. 2, EOTG, Plaque of Tepok, Dispel Scroll I would take the wardrums over a scroll.
Skink Priest: Diadem of Power, Dispel Scroll You are going for offense, so take the rod of the storm over the diadem.
Skink Chief: Stegadon, Stegadon War-Spear OK, though I am a little down on him at the moment.
Saurus Scar-Veteran: Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior Good.

Core:
16 Saurus Warriors: Spears, Standard, Musician
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
10 Skink Skirmishers
Core is fine.

Special:
16 Temple Guard: Standard, Musician
3 Terradon Riders
5 Cold-One Cavalry: Musician, Standard (Plaque of Dominion)
I would move the plaque to the temple guard unit, as the opponent needs line of sight to it, and the cold ones sometimes get out on the flank.

Rare:
1 Salamander Hunting Pack: 1 extra handler (Note: against the High Elves, I'm switching this for a Razordon with an extra handler)
I would leave the salamander. I don't think one razordon will do much.
Good luck,
SirKently

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I originally just wanted to keep the level 1 priest for anti magic. I'll try this setup and see how it works out.

Also, I was thinking about using the Razordon because last time I faced High Elves, some of the units were immune to flaming attacks. Now that I think of it, I know which units are affected and I can manouver appropriately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.