Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
42 Posts
After my Archaon Horde and starting my tactica, I gave straight up undivided a shot (well except for some of the Daemons, but 95% undivided).

1x Chaos Lord @ 337 Pts
General, MoCU; Barding, Chaos Armor, Shield, Barded Chaos Steed, Chaos Runesword, Gaze of the gods

1x Exalted Champion @ 200 Pts
MoCU, Chaos Armor, Daemonic Mount, Berserker Sword, Enchanted Shield

1x Chaos Sorcerer @ 186 Pts
MoCU, Level 2 Upgrade, Chaos Armor, Barded Chaos Steed, Power Familiar, Lore of Fire

MoCU, Level 2 Upgrade, Chaos Armor, Barded Chaos Steed, Skull of Katam, Lore of Fire

1x Chaos Sorcerer
@ 186 Pts
MoCU, Level 2 Upgrade, Chaos Armor, Barded Chaos Steed, Dispel Scroll x2, Lore of Death

12x Chaos Warriors @ 234 Pts
MoCU, Champion, Musician, Extra Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield

20x Chaos Marauders @ 165 Pts
Musician, Flail, Light Armour, Shield

20x Chaos Marauders @ 165 Pts
Musician, Flail, Light Armour, Shield

5x Chaos Knights @ 165 Pts
MoCU, Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield

5x Chosen Chaos Knights @ 225 Pts
MoCU, Hand Weapon, Chaos Armor, Shield

6x Warhounds @ Pts

6x Warhounds @ Pts

10x Furies @ Pts

5x Screamers @ Pts

1x Tuskgor Chariot @ Pts
MoCU, Scythed Wheels

2x Fiend of Slaanesh @ Pts

1x Cannon [Dogs of War] @ Pts

1x Cannon [Dogs of War]
@ Pts

Total Roster Cost: 3000

·
Registered
71 Posts
IMO you don't so many furies. 6-8 is enough.

Marauders really should be 25+ in 3000 pts games. 20 is okay in -1500 pts (at least when equipped with light armour+hw/shield). So I recommend you drop the flails and add some men. Flails will do only harm to them: by chosing flails in combat you're sacrificing the 4+ save, for one round of combat, where you get to do some hits with strength 5. You probably won't break the enemy in the first turn anyway with marauders and I doubt the flails will be the key to breaking the enemy: you'll only get a worse armour save.
And why don't you have a banner?! You'll really need a banner for the marauders.

I presonally don't like the Skull of Katam: maybe change it for 2x power stones (or any other useful magic item ;))?

Think about adding a musician and champion to the knights, at least to the ones that aren't chosen.

If you don't have enough points to make these changes, then maybe drop the chariot. 1 chariot is not enough. When you're planning on fielding chariots in your army (at 3000 pts), field at least 2.

Otherwise your list is nice.

42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you much, and thank you for your continued contributions to the Hordes of Chaos Tactica. Here is the updated list. I ditched the skull of katam, chariot, flails, and 2 furies. This gave me enough room for 2 power stones, standard bearers for both marauders, 5 more marauders per unit, and champions and musicians for the knights.

1x Chaos Lord @ 337 Pts
General, MoCU; Barding, Chaos Armor, Shield, Barded Chaos Steed, Chaos Runesword, Gaze of the gods

1x Exalted Champion @ 200 Pts
MoCU, Chaos Armor, Daemonic Mount, Berserker Sword, Enchanted Shield

MoCU, Level 2 Upgrade, Chaos Armor, Barded Chaos Steed, Power Familiar, Lore of Fire

MoCU, Level 2 Upgrade, Chaos Armor, Barded Chaos Steed, Power Stone x2, Lore of Fire

MoCU, Level 2 Upgrade, Chaos Armor, Barded Chaos Steed, Dispel Scroll x2, Lore of Death

25x Chaos Marauders @ 190 Pts
Musician, Standard Bearer, Light Armour, Shield

25x Chaos Marauders @ 190 Pts
Musician, Standard Bearer, Light Armour, Shield

5x Chaos Knights @ 165 Pts
MoCU, Champion, Musician, Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield

5x Chosen Chaos Knights @ 225 Pts
MoCU, Champion, Musician, Hand Weapon, Chaos Armor, Shield

6x Warhounds @ Pts

6x Warhounds @ Pts

8x Furies @ Pts

5x Screamers @ Pts

1x Fiend of Slaanesh [Chaos Spawn with MoS) @ Pts

2x Cannon (Dogs of War) @ Pts

Total Roster Cost: 2995

Oops... only supposed to be one Fiend of Slaanesh... read that part wrong.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
As they are a 2 for 1 rare, id say get another Slanneshi spawn in there. Drop the Power stones for the points, i think these items are a bit rubbish really, and also a Fury or something.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also think that when it comes to the choice between 2x power scrolls and a fury vs. slaanesh spawn, then the spawn wins . Especially in your list, as your list has much infantry and spawns are exellent in holding the enemy's units until your infantry gets there.

Though I think power scrolls aren't rubbish: I always like the moment of surprise, when my opponent thinks I haven't enough power dice left to hurt him with magic and he wastes his dispel dices and then I use my power stone :)

42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also think that when it comes to the choice between 2x power scrolls and a fury vs. slaanesh spawn, then the spawn wins . Especially in your list, as your list has much infantry and spawns are exellent in holding the enemy's units until your infantry gets there.

Though I think power scrolls aren't rubbish: I always like the moment of surprise, when my opponent thinks I haven't enough power dice left to hurt him with magic and he wastes his dispel dices and then I use my power stone :)
I'll take that into consideration. I probably will knock off the power stones and a fury for the spawn. I'll leave it up to play testing. If I need the kick I'll keep the stones, if not so much, I'll get the spawn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm still kinda new to warhammer, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but when reading your equipment for your chaos warriors, you have extra hand weapons and shields, but it was my understanding that you could only do hand weapon/shield or two hand weapons. Is it like with empire spearmen where they can have both spears and shields but choose whether to fight with spears or with hand weapon/shield in combat? I'm still unfamiliar with it so clarification would be much appreciated.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Icecoldsprite, you are correct in your assumption yes, the warriors can choose which to wield per combat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gotcha, thanks Deceiver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.