Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty much sold on this list. Both in terms of sheer 'Krumpage' and the way it looks on the table.... What say you?

Orc Warboss, Preservation, Glittering Scales, Sword of Swiftness, Potion of Foolhardiness, Shield [218]
Orc BSB, Armour of Destiny, Great Weapon [134]
40 Big'uns, 2 Choppas, Std, Musician, Banner of Disciple [395]

LVL2 NG Shaman, Scroll [110]
LVL2 NG Shaman [85]
LVL2 NG Shaman [85]

45 Goblins, 3 Skulkas, Std, Musician, Shields [207.5]

20 Goblins, Std, Musician, Bows [90]

10 Wolf Riders, Std, Musician, Spears [130]

12 Trolls [XXX]

Giant [XXX]
Giant [XXX]
Giant [XXX]

Pump Wagon, Spiky Roller, Spores [75]
Pump Wagon, Spiky Roller [60]
Pump Wagon, Spiky Roller [60]

2 Orc Chariots [XXX]

4x Bolt Throwers [XXX]

TOTAL: 2980pts

Warboss is built to Survive against pretty much any character. Maybe not kill them but hold them up. First buy denying ASF re-rolls, giving them -1 to hit and then the 4+Ward. LVL2 Night Goblins Shamans Spam Sneaky stabbing on flanking units with ridiculous amounts of power dice we end up having. Big'uns/Trolls/Chariots/Giants just smash stuff.

Only thing I'm not sure on is the Bolt Throwers..... I Figured some shooting could be fun.

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
Man that is one weird list!

Random for sure. If you can pull off a combo charge of 2 giants that could be epic if only for the Thunderstomps.

It is 45 pts over the 25% rare limit. And even though shooting is lacking, i'd say stick to 2 bolt Throwers (Unless you are playing on a bigger table): there are many units on the field and 4 Bolt Throwers are more of an itchy nuisance than that they will be a help.

i would suggest finding something else to take care of monstrous cav. but i can't think of anything haha good luck!

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well bugger. I guess I just got carried away :( A shame because I had a cool idea for the 3rd Pump wagon. Oh well. Hmm, 75+20pts is almost 2 Gobbo Chariots......

Monstrous Cav hurts. I've no idea what to do against it to be honest. The Big'uns and/or Trolls with Armour piercing (sneaky stabbin) are fairly good at taking on heavy armour so might have to do at a pinch. I think even 6 Crushers would think twice before charging 12 Trolls anyway.

If I don't go for the Bolt Throwers. What shall I spend the 140 (or 235)pts on? 4 Gobbo chariots sounds fun :D

·
Fanatic
882 Posts
The warboss looks good but only stops re'rolls from ASF if they have lower I than the warboss, most wont. I wouldn't bother with the bolt throwers, they will just end up with nothing to shoot at once all the nasty stuff is in combat. As for the rare issue just drop a giant and add another pumpwagon and give them all giant spores. They bulk the trolls/big uns up to get smashing.

·
Drill Sergeant
10,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If both models have ASF then they strike simultaneously and neither benefit from the Re-Rolls :) It helps him stay alive from nasty Vampires and the like whilst I can hit them in a Flank with something horrid like Trolls or Multiple Impact hitty things.

As for ditching the 3rd Giant, I'm going to have to say No to that one I'm afraid. I've finally got around to sticking my Old Marauder Giant together. I think him with two of the old metal Giants will look pretty Epic coming down one flank together :D Plus, I don't have a 3rd Pump Wagon lol. As for making the Trolls even bigger. That's Madness!! A Troll Horde you say? Hmmmm.......

Orc Warboss, Preservation, Glittering Scales, Sword of Swiftness, Potion of Foolhardiness, Shield [218]
Orc BSB, Armour of Destiny, Great Weapon [134]
40 Big'uns, 2 Choppas, Std, Musician, Banner of Disciple [395]

LVL3 NG Great Shaman, Scroll [165]
LVL2 NG Shaman [85]
LVL2 NG Shaman [85]

45 Goblins, 3 Skulkas, Std, Musician, Shields [207.5]

20 Goblins, Std, Musician, Bows [90]

10 Wolf Riders, Std, Musician, Spears [130]

12 Trolls [XXX]

Giant [XXX]
Giant [XXX]
Giant [XXX]

2 Orc Chariots [XXX]

This leaves me at 2849.5. So 150pts to Spend. I do like the Idea of Having some artillery. Mainly to deal with things like Flying Monsters and things like Skull Crushers which will give me grief in combat. How about 2 Goblin Wolf Chariots and Bump the LVL3 up to a LVL4 then find something worth 15pts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts