Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this is a list for the Ard Boyz tourney through GW. Big lists, cheese 'em out, go for the gold.

It's against the grain, but I think it could do well.

Spellweaver, Lore of Beasts, lvl 4, general, power stone, wand of wych elm, gwyntherc's horn
Spellweaver, Lore of Life, lvl 4, 2 dispel scrolls, one power stone, the divination orb
Branchwraith, Cluster of Radiants
Spellsinger, lv 2, Deepwood Spehere
Noble, BSB, Asyendi's Bane, Hail of Doom Arrow
Noble, not sure...can't find list!

30 archers, musicians
7 scouts, musicians33
dryads x 8
dryads x 8
Glade Riders x 6

Wild Riders x 6, full command, war banner
Treekin x 3
Warhawks x 3
Wardancers x 7, full command
Wardancers x 7, full command

Treeman
Treeman
Eagle

The magic is actually rather potent. 13 or so power dice. Two bound spells. 4 attempts at treesinging, if there are trees to be had. 9 dispel dice that can be rerolled, scrolls, and magic resistant units.

Treemen with a rerollable stubborn. Shooting, attack units. Long range for super shooty armies.

I think it's potentially very nasty, and a big surprise to be casting spells from Lore of Beasts and Life, which gives me a lot of versatility against a lot of armies.

Thoughts?

Unused units: 33 eternal guard, 3 treekin, 2 glade rider models, a wild rider noble, a noble on eagle, a war dancer noble, and I think that's it

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would think a Wild Rider Noble would be nice, exspecially for help with breaking your oppenants flank.

This army is going to be very nasty. Even I would want to avoid it or join it.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Two Treemen... and a BSB... *cries* You would have lost a bit of respect there, but it is at 3.5K so i guess i can let you off :)

On a more general note, FC on the small units seems odd. Mainly due to my usual point of '100Vpts if the enemy captures banners'.

Ofcourse im no WE expert. I have played against them a lot, but never with. Those 2 Lv4 Mages could work very nicely together.

Id say look at boosting the Treekin to 4 strong.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two Treemen... and a BSB... *cries* You would have lost a bit of respect there, but it is at 3.5K so i guess i can let you off :)

On a more general note, FC on the small units seems odd. Mainly due to my usual point of '100Vpts if the enemy captures banners'.

Ofcourse im no WE expert. I have played against them a lot, but never with. Those 2 Lv4 Mages could work very nicely together.

Id say look at boosting the Treekin to 4 strong.
But then I'd have one grey treekin and three brown ones. Or three grey and one brown. It offends my sense of battlefield aesthetics. :rofl

·
Registered
222 Posts
On a more general note, FC on the small units seems odd. Mainly due to my usual point of '100Vpts if the enemy captures banner.
David only has 2 banners in this entire army. One with the Wild Riders and the is the BSB.

Wardancers can't take banners, which really sucks. They can only have a champion and musician. I suppose not having a banner kinda balances out a wardancers power but they would rock hard with a banner.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Ahh ok. I just kinda assumed FC = M + SB + C everywhere. In which case, just the WR banner to be contested then. Do they really need it? They are awesome as it is, id say remove it, just incase they run from combat at any point.

·
4,361 Posts
Phoenix Ahh ok. I just kinda assumed FC = M + SB + C everywhere. In which case, just the WR banner to be contested then. Do they really need it? They are awesome as it is, id say remove it, just incase they run from combat at any point.
Yeah, they really need it. Going against many ranked up units, you really need to break them on the charge. You don't want to get stuck in combat where other units can then get in on the action, as you will probably lose. Getting the plus two really helps alot.

With wild riders it is recommended by most to have a standard bearer and the warbanner on the unit.

SirKently

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.