Librarium Online Forums banner

3500 war lady list (friendly/competitive)

>3000 
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Liathaneo 
#1 ·
Ok so ready to post my first list idea for realses. The theory of the list is primarily crazy b!tches so supreme sorc elves and executioners (trained in the temple of the witches). I could use some help on the fluff of blackguard being in the unit and of course any tweaks you all can suggest...

+++ Perm 3.5k DE (3495pts) +++
+++ 3500pt Dark Elves - Army Book (2013-10) -V8.8.0. Roster (Standard)) +++

+ Lords + ()

* Supreme Sorceress ()
(Always Strikes First, Hatred (High Elves), Hekarti's Blessing, Murderous Prowess)
Hand Weapon, Lore of Life, Wizard Level 4 ()
* Magic Items ()
Talismans, Talismans
* Arcane Items ()
DE - Tome of Furion () (Tome of Furion)
* Enchanted Items ()
Ruby Ring of Ruin ()
* Talismans ()
Talisman of Preservation ()

+ Heroes + (475pts)

* Death Hag ()
(Always Strikes First, Frenzy, Hatred (High Elves), Murderous Prowess, Poisoned Attacks, Two Hand Weapons)
Battle Standard Bearer (), Cry of war () (*), Warrior Bane ()
* Cauldron of Blood ()
(Always Strikes First, Bloodshield of Khaine, Chariot (Armour Save 6+), Frenzy, Fury of Khaine, Hatred (High Elves), Large Target, Magic Resistance (1), Murderous Prowess, Poisoned Attacks, Strength of Khaine, Terror, Will of the Gods)
2x Hag

* Tullaris Dreadbringer ()
(Always Strikes First, Fear, Hatred (High Elves), Khaine's Sacred Slaughter, Killing Blow, Murderous Prowess)
Heavy armour, The First Draich (*)

+ Core +

* Dark Riders
(Always Strikes First (Riders only), Fast Cavalry, Hatred (High Elves) (Riders only), Murderous Prowess)
Light Armor, Musician (), Spear
* 5x Dark Riders ()
5x Repeater Crossbows (), 5x Shield ()

* Dark Riders
(Always Strikes First (Riders only), Fast Cavalry, Hatred (High Elves) (Riders only), Murderous Prowess)
Light Armor, Musician (), Spear
* 5x Dark Riders ()
5x Repeater Crossbows (), 5x Shield ()

* Darkshards
(Always Strikes First, Hatred (High Elves), Murderous Prowess)
19x Darkshards (), Hand Weapon, Light Armor, Repeater Crossbow

* Darkshards
10x Darkshards (), Hand Weapon, Light Armor, Repeater Crossbow

* Witch Elves
(Always Strikes First, Frenzy, Hatred (High Elves), Madness of Khaine, Murderous Prowess, Poisoned Attacks, Two Hand Weapons)
Two Hand Weapons, 34x Witch Elves ()
* Standard Bearer ()
Razor Standard () (*)

+ Special +

* Black Guard of Naggarond
(Always Strikes First, Eternal Hatred, Immune to Psychology, Murderous Prowess, Stubborn)
30x Black Guard of Naggarond (), Halberd (+1 Str), Heavy Armor
* Standard bearer ()
Banner of Eternal Flame () (*)

* Executioners of Har Ganeth
(Always Strikes First, Hatred (High Elves), Killing Blow, Murderous Prowess)
24x Executioners of Har Ganeth (), Great Weapon, Heavy Armor
* Standard bearer ()
Banner of Swiftness () (*)

* Reaper Bolt Thrower
(*)
* Dark Elf
Hand Weapon, Light Armor
* Dark Elf
Hand Weapon, Light Armor

* Reaper Bolt Thrower
(*)
* Dark Elf
Hand Weapon, Light Armor
* Dark Elf
Hand Weapon, Light Armor

* Reaper Bolt Thrower
(*)
* Dark Elf
Hand Weapon, Light Armor
* Dark Elf
Hand Weapon, Light Armor

* Reaper Bolt Thrower
(*)
* Dark Elf
Hand Weapon, Light Armor
* Dark Elf
Hand Weapon, Light Armor

* War Hydra
(...Another takes its place, If one head is severed..., Large Target, Scaly Skin 4+ , Terror)
Spit Fire

* War Hydra
(...Another takes its place, If one head is severed..., Large Target, Scaly Skin 4+ , Terror)
Spit Fire

+ Rare +

* Doomfire Warlocks
(Always Strikes First (Riders only), Cursed Coven, Fast Cavalry, Hatred (High Elves) (Riders only), Murderous Prowess, Prey of the Dark Prince)
5x Doomfire Warlocks

* Kharibdyss
(Abyssal Howl, Feast of Bones, Large Target, Poisoned Attacks, Scaly Skin 4+ , Terror)

See less See more
#2 ·
Do you normally play 3500pts in your area? For my locale, that's a pretty sizable game. Even the guys who think that the standard 2400-2500pts is too small, only bump up to 3k.
The other thing is how crazy the meta gets at that size. Some players will play a 3.5k game just as if they were playing a 2.5k game - they'll have a single massive regiment, hugely powerful characters, and then chaff. They basically add models to the regiments from their 2.5k list. Other players will do as you seem to have done, and use the extra points to expand the number of units on the table, rather than the size of them. When the two meet, the guy with the bigger units usually wins the day.
In your shoes, the first thing that I would do, is pare that down to 2.5k for more standard sized gaming. You're also just starting off with the army, collecting 3.5k is going to be daunting. Playing it all on the table and keeping things straight will be even more so.

Looking at the list:

2x Hag: is this just the girls on the shrine, or are you fielding two naked Hags in the army? You only need your BSB in a Dark Elf list, Tullaris if you're gunning for super frenzy. The fact that your Death Hag is lacking WitchBrew though, kind of renders that a bit silly. Give her Witch Brew, get her a Ward if you can (can't remember if they're limited to just weapons or not).

Darkshards: Why a unit of 20 and a unit of 10? Split them all up, or block them in 15s. Just symmetrical, it bugs me. Smaller units would be better for shooting as anti-chaff though, and you won't waste as many shots when you're just finishing off a regiment (ooh look, my 19 got 12W, too bad you only have 3 guys there...)

Banners: I'd put the Razor on your Black Guard (their halberds need it more) and the Banner of Flame on either the Witches or Executioners. The Execs don't really need a magic banner, and the Witches don't really want one either, unless you want to give them the Gleaming Pennant for their inevitable failed Frenzy check. Don't stretch your list - not everyone needs a full command or a magic banner just because.

I'd also drop a Hydra or Kharby for more Warlocks. 10-12 is good, and two units isn't bad either. They'll get used.

Otherwise there's nothing that really strikes me as being awful about this list, but then I don't play at 3500pts, so I'm not sure what kind of stuff you'd be up against. I know that my WoC would probably wreck it, because I know I'd just have huge units on the table. But if your group doesn't go that route, any of these units would be sufficient at going toe-to-toe with an opponent.

#3 ·
thanks a lot for the advice captain I appreciate it. first is for my little group what they have done is created a max 3500 we rarely play that high but its sort of the highest we would ever play and then generally build smaller lists down from the units/models we have for that down to 1000. Maybe im doin it backwards but it seemed like the best thing to do would be to fill what I need/want for 3500 and then move down based off of what I have available from there. for commenting on your comments... :)

the 2 hags is just some weird thing about how the program I used to create the list marks things out. Those are the hags that come with the cauldron. The hero/lords I have is a pretty decked out sorc, a hag on a cauldron (I did the other brew for the negative on fear checks since that just seems to make everything I fight fail, and I can super frenzy with the cauldrons spell) and tullaris (ive been told he makes executioners super scary but im not sure about him...mostly I grabbed him because I was running out of stuff to spend points on)

the darkshards are set up as a unit of 10x2 (the sorc will fill out the models to 20) and the 10 are 5x2 so no wasted shots. I took the second smaller unit again to just fill points but maybe ill take your advice instead and dole those points into making units a bit bigger. the 10x2 are so large since the group I play with consists of 2 ogre players, 2 WoC players, a wood elf player, and a skaven player, so between the huge wounds on ogres, the huge armor saves of WoC, and the huge bodies of skaven groups I like having enough shots to do some actual dents

the banners are great advice...I took the swiftness mostly to fill points again so can move those into bigger units too. The flame banner ive been told to always take on something to deal with regen units, but since my sorc and hydras each have flame capabilities maybe I can drop this too? ill definitely move the razor around that's good advice

any advice on hydra over kharby for the last bit of advice? ive never actually taken a kharby so don't have much info on that one. Ive loved the hydra so far though ;). Biggest reason I didn't take more locks is in the past when ive done warhammer I tend to go too heavy on the magic phase so stayed away from more, but if you say its reasonable to field 10-12 ill definitely work that in :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.