Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 3K 2 force org game vs marines- iron hands chapter- in 2 weeks and wanted to see what people think on this. As a few notes, its a little bit of a fluff list for me with a "dred" force org and my typical list on force org 1. I'm a huge question mark on if I should upgrade the big shootas in the boy squads to rokkits. I like the Big shootas for massed fire, but its kinda less helpful vs marines, that and I use the Kan wall tactic, so its its hard to draw LOS anyway.

The storm boys are to tie up his techmarines which bring 4 Heavy Bolter servitors a piece typically. The servitors go down quick to orks, so I figure deepstrike and engage the dev squad and a servitor squad if possible.

He will have 3 vindictors, and possible a landraider. He uses a small compact "elite" force with 4 venerable dreads. Thoughts? 35 pts left. I could splite the Tankbusta unit to 2 untis of 8, then add bomb squigs?

Force org 1-
HQ-Warboss, Bike, Klaw, Boss Pole, Attack Squig-145
HQ-Big Mek-Heavy Armor, Shokk Attack Gun-100

E1-Tankbustas x15- Bomb squig x3-240
E2-Lootas x15-225

T1-Shoota Boys x20-Nob, Klaw, Boss Pole, Big shoota x2
T2-Shoota Boys x20-Nob, Klaw, Boss Pole, Big shoota x2
T3-Shoota Boys x20-Nob, Klaw, Boss Pole, Big shoota x2

F1-Stormboys x15, Zaggstrukk-265
F2-Rokkit Buggy-35
F3-Rokkit Buggy-35

H1-Battlewagon, hardtop, Killkannnon-165

Forceorg 2
HQ-Big Mek, Heavy Armor, Shokk attack gun
HQ-Big Mek, Heavy Armor, Kustom Force Field

T1-Deff Dread, Big Shoota x2, Plates/Rig-100
T2-Deff Dread, Dread cc x2, Plates/Rig-120

F1-Deffkopta x1
F2-Deffkopta x2
F3-Warbikes x6-Nob, Klaw, Boss Poke, 195

H1-Killa Kans x3, Rokkits, Plates-180
H2-Killa Kans x3, Rokkits, Plates-180
H3-Killa Kans x3, Rokkits, Plates-180

·
Registered
69 Posts
Shokk attack gun mek doesn't really need 'eavy armor. Cybork body would suit him better since IF he is shot, it's probably better than ap5 since it's probably something heavier than a bolter.

More rokkit buggies! They rock really for their points. I wonder if you really need 4 HQ's? You could lose other of those shokk gunners and use the points for buggies and boys.

Don't get carried away by cool elite/fast attack/heavy support choices. You should dig out some points for more boys too. 3000 points and only 60 boys? I have that many boys in 1000 points too.

I'd probably drop those tank bustas and maybe 1 of the kan trios.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good thoughts on the HA on the Mek's. Think i'm definitely going to look into changing that. I'd love to add more Rokkit buggies as I think for their points they are worth it.

The 4 HQ's I like, the 2nd Shokk attack is debatable really, its a little bit overkill, and increases my chances of hurting myself. Its something i've considered also, as a 2nd KFF could cover the entire army, saves points to add elsewhere for minor wargear tweeks.

The Tankbustas I really do need sadly. He has 4 venerable's which I have to take down early. He plays very agressive with them, and I want to keep my boys available to counter. The tankbustas are pricey, but something that can engage 2 units... still good points, if I had more kans i'd go with it in a heart beat, also I'm stuck as I don't have many more boys unfortunately. I used to play a flashgitz/ badmoons clan army, so I only needed 60.

What do you think of the flashgitz entry? I've debated it myself, as str 6 upgraded and the variable AP could be an interesting twist when coupled with a Shaman who can teleport them?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd say you need more dakka on gitz mob more than shootier or blastas, since even though they're a shooty mob they still have ork bs. They might be interesting to go with a warphead but I wouldn't try it out in a serious game for the first time.

The venerables are slow. You can always beat them up with heavily klawed nobs. And even loota boys should be able to deal with them I'd say.

·
LO Zealot
4,014 Posts
Just a thought

Why only 6 bikes? I never field less than 9 at a time. Unless you have a specific plan for keeping them alive, they're probably going to run fairly quick.

I'm not a fan of deffdreads, myself. Instead, I'd take a few units of trukk boyz, to assault your enemy's weakest points, or join in combats already taking place. As LordV mentioned, rokkit buggies also work very nicely. Not only can they take down tanks, but they can instant-kill marine bikes as well.

If you're playing defensively, the wall of killa kans are definitely not a bad thing. I'm not crazy about deffkoptas, unless you're planning to use the big bomb option. They die too easy.

The SAG's are good, and I wouldn't worry too much about misfires. The game is large enough so that bad rolls wouldn't be crippling. I'm not sure about the forcefield though. I'd rather have a warp 'ead, or another Battlewagon.

Overall, I'd remove some of the armor and special units, and replace them with more conventional units of boyz in trukks, or larger groups for footslogging. Some burna boyz might also be good, especially if combined with a warboss, to deal with the pesky marine 3+ save.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Forgot to update the list...opponents bring 3 Vindicators. Using the Deffkoptas specifically to take them down early. Rokkit buggies as back ups. Scary enough, every unit has a role in this army. Snikrot is to take out the Techmarine with 4 Heavy bolter servitors and massacre into another unit.

Force org 1-
HQ-Warboss, Bike, Klaw, Boss Pole, Attack Squig-145
HQ-Big Mek-Shokk Attack Gun-95

E1-Tankbustas x10- Bomb squig x2
E2-Lootas x10
E3-Burna boys x10

T1-Shoota Boys x20-Nob, Klaw, Boss Pole, Big shoota x2
T2-Shoota Boys x20-Nob, Klaw, Boss Pole, Big shoota x2
T3-Shoota Boys x20-Nob, Klaw, Boss Pole, Big shoota x2

F1-Deffkopta w TL Rokkit
F2-Rokkit Buggy-35
F3-Rokkit Buggy-35

H1-Battlewagon, hardtop, Killkannnon-165

Forceorg 2
HQ-Big Mek,Kustom Force Field
HQ-Big Mek Kustom Force Field

E1-Kommandos w Snikrot x15, 2 burnas

T1-Deff Dread, Big Shoota x2, Plates
T2-Deff Dread, Dread cc x2, Plates

F1-Deffkopta x1-TL Rokkit
F2-Deffkopta x1-TL Rokkit
F3-Warbikes x6-Nob, Klaw, Boss Poke, 195

H1-Killa Kans x3, Rokkits, Plates-180
H2-Killa Kans x3, Rokkits, Plates-180
H3-Killa Kans x3, Rokkits, Plates-180

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.