Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
24x Spearmen; joined by Lv 1 Mage (2 Dispel Scroll)
24x Spearmen; joined by Lv 1 Mage (2 Dispel Scroll)
10x Archers

21x Phoenix Guard, Champion with Amulet of Fire, Standard with War Banner, Musician
16x White Lions, Champion with Skeinsliver, Standard with Banner of Arcane Protection, Musician; joined by:
** BSB with Battle Banner, Great Weapon, Heavy Armor, Shield
** Prince with Vambraces of Defense, Armor of Caledor, Amulet of Light, Great Weapon
7x Swordmasters, Champion
6x Swordmasters, Champion

3x Repeater Bolt Thrower

Prince riding Great Eagle, with Bow of the Seafarer, Heavy Armor, Shield, Helm of Fortune, Lance

Noble riding Great Eagle, with Reaver Bow, Heavy Armor, Enchanted Shield, Lance

Total Points = 3000

Basic idea would be to set up with spear blocks in the middle, Phoenix Guard on one side, White Lions on the other, Swordmaster units protecting flanks on either end... RBTs whittle down while Eagle riders fly around shooting things/march-blocking, and take advantage of opportunities for flank charges where possible. Ideal deployment sets my PG against their hardest infantry unit, White Lions vs their best cavalry unit, and deny any flank charges. Another option is to place each of the Swordmaster units between an elite and a block, but that might encourage the opponent to play a refused flank, because then the Swordmasters have limits on their movement and can't play proper support roles. Swordmasters in between elites and spears would be good against armies deployed entirely to the center of the table to try and force their way through the middle and breaking both spear blocks instead of picking on one of the elites and ignoring the rest.

I think most armies are going to be forced to create double teams to beat any particular block unit here, especially with the mobile fire power picking people off and march blocking. 21 Phoenix Guard can set into 5x4 or 7x3, depending on frontage needed, and without a double team, it's likely they will out-number, so non-fear causers will have serious doubts about charging them. White Lions line up 6x3 when the Prince and BSB join, so they end up with 12 S6 attacks hitting first, and static CR of 4 + D6 and maybe outnumber. Both spear blocks should have static CR of 3 or 4. When all of your units have as much static CR as your opponent's units before all the fighting starts, and the HE are always hitting first, your opponent is either going to have to gamble or spend an extra turn (or two) setting up possible double teams or some other type of trap. The extra turns of exposure make the high S shooting that much more effective.

Thoughts? I really wanted to find room for a 4th RBT, (well quite honestly I'd want all 6 if I could...), but I didn't see anything that's an obvious cut.

·
Registered
7 Posts
for some reason this army seems too small... i dont know why but when i first saw it that was my impression, but the strategy seems sound. My only thought is that you may want some Shadow Warriors. Another thing is why would you limit yourself to infantry when HE have such good cavalry i guess just different strokes for different folks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.