HvatsuG: Enkhil's Kanopi, Power Level 4
HsacuL: Incantation 2D6
HnimajneB: Incantation 2D6
HnimajneB: Staff of Ravening, Power Level 4
LarivlE: Incantation 2D6
HvatsuG: Casket of Souls 2D6

Total PD: 16 (Gosh)
Total Spells: 11

Questions and advices are much appreciated :)

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Kings, good. Im assuming they will be in a Skellie unit each?

Enkhil's Kanopi... why? Its good against specific opponents but otherwise its useless lol. Grab your Hiero the Hjar instead :)

Priest with a Death Mask is an interesting one... Not too worth it, may be good on a Cloaked King though... Maybe go for a Staff of Sorcery on that Priest? Could be useful.

Possibly add a second scroll to the list too.

Id say combine the 2 units of 10 bowmen into a unit of 20 with music. As for the units of 25 (drop to 24) with Kings, make sure theyre both pimped, and give the Generals unit the BotUL.

I like the look of the list overall :)

·
High Priest of LO
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kings, yeah :) One Skellie unit each, close to the SSCs.

Enkhil's Kanopi: My opponent (HE) usually terrorizes me with alot of Spells, and many of these are RiP. I have to shield myself from dispelling those via the Kanopi, which makes it worth its points.

I wanted the extra Terror on field, but no more Arcane Items to satisfy myself. It was quite a funny thought to give the LP that Mask, but he will be good as he is :) He will join a unit, so that the whole unit causes Terror ;)

I'm no user of Dispel Scrolls :p I prefer better, or funnier things... Dispelling should be Tactical and Gambling, not Shutting off totally ;)

The two units of 10 Bowmen are there as an annoying card. They will keep corners and shoot a small variety of arrows into the sky. 80 pts each, for the chance of gaining 100 VP each ;)

I use to field the King in a unit of 25 (making a total of 26). I field them in ranks of 12 + King in front, 13 in the second rank. It always works fantastic, 'cause if I want more shots, I just reform... They become Allround x100, hehe :sinister:

As for the Banner of the Undying Legion... Either that one or the War Banner? I couldn't choose :p

·
Registered
313 Posts
Your magic isn't as weak as I expected, but its still a bit low for not having a LHP. At 3K pts I'd have, on average about 7-8 dispels and 4 scrolls, maybe a little more if I knew I was facing a magic based army.

That means you can expect to get around half your incants off without a hitch. Personally at 3k the high priest is almost mandatory, the only reason I usually run a King at 2k is because he helps your army organisation so much by bring chariots down to core. The two 3D6 incants are absolutely invaluable, especially if combined with neffera's plaques.

Your first Tomb King set up is a little odd, the blade of setep looks good on paper, but its actually not that great. Bare in mind the King is str 5 already, so everyone you face gets -2 to their AS anyway. If the King takes a great weapon then he's str 7, -4 to any AS, which means anything with a 3+ sv or worse doesn't get it. Needless to say a great weapon is about 1/10th the cost of the blade.

The only real application for the blade of setep is when you are expecting a character with some bad-ass magic armour. I did once use the blade to take down thorgrim by breaking his runic armour, but thats an exceptional case. If you are tooling the King up to fight a particular enemy hero then you're better off putting him in a chariot, foot units in the TK army are slow and very easy to avoid so you'll be much better off making him mobile.

·
High Priest of LO
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your magic isn't as weak as I expected, but its still a bit low for not having a LHP. At 3K pts I'd have, on average about 7-8 dispels and 4 scrolls, maybe a little more if I knew I was facing a magic based army.
Scrolls are often not funny to use, I want a "living" game :) The reason why to field dual TKs is that I will get the same amount of Incantations off and a much greater fighting ability. This list is not built to live up to some Standards, but to make funny fluffy games ;)

That means you can expect to get around half your incants off without a hitch. Personally at 3k the high priest is almost mandatory, the only reason I usually run a King at 2k is because he helps your army organisation so much by bring chariots down to core. The two 3D6 incants are absolutely invaluable, especially if combined with neffera's plaques.
This is an army without Magic in focus :) I got some good magic, but I don't rely on it to win... I rely on my Tactical sense, by using two Kings - MY (Nagash) Will Be Done :sinister: Mouhahaha

Your first Tomb King set up is a little odd, the blade of setep looks good on paper, but its actually not that great. Bare in mind the King is str 5 already, so everyone you face gets -2 to their AS anyway. If the King takes a great weapon then he's str 7, -4 to any AS, which means anything with a 3+ sv or worse doesn't get it. Needless to say a great weapon is about 1/10th the cost of the blade.
I will be facing HE. He got an armour that is very hard to take out in most cases (2+ with reroll) I've focused one of my Kings to destroy that Prince character, to any price... That's why I took the Vambraces and the Armour of the Ages; He must survive the ASF from a Prince ;)

The only real application for the blade of setep is when you are expecting a character with some bad-ass magic armour. I did once use the blade to take down thorgrim by breaking his runic armour, but thats an exceptional case. If you are tooling the King up to fight a particular enemy hero then you're better off putting him in a chariot, foot units in the TK army are slow and very easy to avoid so you'll be much better off making him mobile.

I got my Cards well planned... If he will cower, he will loose more points than me = a loss for him ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts