Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll be playing a interesting game in the next week. I'll being playing a 4,000 point game however I'll be using two different armies at 2,000 points each and combine them to equal 4,000 points. I'll be playing with the Imperial Guard of course and Grey Knights. I'll be facing Chaos Space Marines and Orks. The only rules are no vehicles with armor 13 or 14. I wanted this list to be mobile with some speed so the gunships are staying.

Imperial Guard
HQ
Company Command Squad x2 (Riding in Vendetta Gunships)
8 plasma guns

Elite
Storm Trooper Squad x3 (5 man squads infiltrating)
6 grenade launchers

Troop
Veteran Squad x6 (In Chimera's)
18 plasma guns
6 missile launchers

Dedicated Transport
Chimera x6
12 heavy flamers

Fast Attack Vendetta Gunship x3

Grey Knights
HQ
Grey Knight Grand Master (with 10 man squad)
rad and psychotroke grenades

Grey Knight Brother Captain (with 8 man squad)
rad and psychotroke grenades

Elite
Vindicare Assassin x3

Troop
Grey Knights Terminator Squad x2 (One 10 man squad and one 8 man squad)

Fast Attack
Stormraven Gunship x3
3 twin linked multi meltas
3 twin linked laser cannons

·
4,967 Posts
Guard. Storm troopers should never take GLs as you pay a fortune for an AP3 lasgun then swap it out for something worse. Go for plasma and deepstrike against CSM infantry or take meltas and go for his transports. Chimeras should have ML+HF. 2 HF is silly as if you move an inch then one of them cannot fire and you are relying on a very stupid opponent to approach your static vehicle with a horde and stand in front of you.

GKs: Ditch the BC for a librarian to shroud the skimmers as you move flat out giving them a 3+ cover save. The 5 man squads can combat squad into the raven but the 8 termies cannot fit in. Vindicares are ok vs tanks but psyflemen dreads are far superior against transports and could get you enough points to add 2 more termies.

·
The Dark Knight
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would you suggest I swap out for plasma or melta guns on the storm trooper squad. The heavy flamers are staying I'm a silly kind of a guy. Also every game I pretty much play I also get the heavy flamers blown off my chimeras and never get to use them so I'll keep them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts