Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to figue out a couple things about the new helpit abomonation. This is for me and a guy down at out local game store who i think is playing him wrong on a couple points.

1. When a abomonation rallies after fleeing can it charge back in because it moves in the Compulsory Movement phase. He was trying to argue that because it moves in that phase of the game and dosen't properly declair a charge that he could. I didn't have a BRB handy and im having trouble finding where it says that you cant move at all after rallying.

2. When an abomonation is run down after it breaks from combat dose it get its to horrable to die roll. To be honest to me im thinking no. When your caught after you break from combat your not loosing your last wound, it dosent even say that your killed just that the unit is driven off the battlefield. I'm thinking that because your not loosing your last wound and i think the rule for it comming back is that you have to loose your last wound im thinking that it wont.

3. Dose it have line of sight for charging. As far as im aware it dose have line of sight but because it just picks a direction and moves do you need to be within line of sight to charge your target or can i just say that way and ram into them.

4. Anyone know where it says what size base hes suposed to go on. im thinking chariot but again i cant find where.​

·
Registered
320 Posts
Im trying to figue out a couple things about the new helpit abomonation. This is for me and a guy down at out local game store who i think is playing him wrong on a couple points.

1. When a abomonation rallies after fleeing can it charge back in because it moves in the Compulsory Movement phase. He was trying to argue that because it moves in that phase of the game and dosen't properly declair a charge that he could. I didn't have a BRB handy and im having trouble finding where it says that you cant move at all after rallying.
It doesn't say you cannot move, it says you immediatly reform. The reform rules say you cannot move. But part of the rally fleeing troops entry says that things that are subject to compulsary moves cannot reform, so the abom can still move this turn. The Abom charge has nothing to do with declaring charges, so yes this is still a valid charge.

2. When an abomonation is run down after it breaks from combat dose it get its to horrable to die roll. To be honest to me im thinking no. When your caught after you break from combat your not loosing your last wound, it dosent even say that your killed just that the unit is driven off the battlefield. I'm thinking that because your not loosing your last wound and i think the rule for it comming back is that you have to loose your last wound im thinking that it wont.
Losing your last wound means actually losing it, via getting wounded and not making saves. Being rundown or off the board has nothing to do with loosing you last wound. Unless it gets FAQed by games workshop, i don't think you get to roll on the chart unless you actually lose the final wound in combat or via shooting/magic.

3. Dose it have line of sight for charging. As far as im aware it dose have line of sight but because it just picks a direction and moves do you need to be within line of sight to charge your target or can i just say that way and ram into them.
You do not need line of sight. Simply pick the direction, roll and if something gets hit it is charged. No line of sight means you can charge backwards if you want.

4. Anyone know where it says what size base hes suposed to go on. im thinking chariot but again i cant find where.
I don't know, and honestly, noone really does, I'm not sure GamesWorkshop even knows, check out this link to see why 40K & WFB Army Figure Cases; Skaven wallpaper; Hell Pit Abominations | 2009-11-13 04:03:35.0 | What's New Today | Games Workshop

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actualy i think you're mistaken on the first one. I checked when you rally, 3rd paragraph says that if they "fail" there test then they will continue to flee as normal in the compulsory movement phase. But if they "pass" then they will Reform. Under reform rules when you reform you can not move for the rest of the turn.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yes but if you look under the rules for reform, you cannot reform if you are subject to compulsory moves, which the abom is. Maybe the compulsory moves get put on hold while the abom is fleeing and he is not subject to them while fleeing, i'm not sure. These new skaven units (abom and doomwheel) are the first (I thinkg) units that move random distances but can flee since they are not unbreakable, like a chaos spawn.

·
Champion of Chaos
2,415 Posts
Pump wagon can break from combat and rally.

Anyways, I don't think you need to actually make a reform, because skirmishers can't make a reform move and they specifically made a ruling that when they rally, they just stay where they're at and are done for the turn.

·
Airborne
1,664 Posts
I'm sure it wouldn't get to do the whole "too horrible to die" thing if it got run down, but it can't get run down as it's Unbreakable.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.