Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Greeting Great Gaming Gurus. I don't think any of these questions have been asked yet. Here it goes.

1) I know you cannot have more than one arcane magic item for one mage, but can you have two or more items of the same type for a character? Like say 2 magic armour pieces, or 2 magic talismans? Also, for my Ogre Kingdoms the Gnoblar Thiefstones say you can take up to three for one character, but can more that one character take the thiefstones, or do they count as unique like other magic items? I want one for my Tyrant and one for my butcher. Finally, i was looking in the common magic items list, and the dispel scrolls are listed as arcane, doesnt that mean you can only take one for each mage?

2) This scenario: An Ogre Tyrant joins two Maneaters. Am I right in assuming they whole unit is now stubborn, or is there a minimum unit size before the character can join a unit?

3) I know this is right out of the rulebook but i dont have one and I'd love for some kind help. Brace of handguns count as pistols with 24inch range, do pistols not suffer modifiers for moving and shooting or shooting at long range?

4) is there a difference between multiple shots and repeater shots? Like to my gnoblars suffer a modifier for throwing two pieces of sharp stuff, like DA repeater crossbows? Also wat is the exact rule of repeating, is it your second shot is at -1 to hit, or both shots are at -1 to hit?

Sorry for the text wall and any confusing wording. Thanks for the help.

Sorry one more question, I'm sorry but i dunno how to edit my previous msg. If I have an item like the Greatskull, which causes mages casting spell on that unit to miscast on double 1's, 2's, or 3's, at what point do i tell them about this item? After they've nominated the unit as the target, or after they roll?

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
1. Only one peice of magical equipment per section. So one weapon, one armour etc. The only exceptions I can recall are Powerstones and Dispel Scrolls.

2. They are only all stubborn if they have a special rule stating that the Tyrant becomes stubborn by joining them. If a not stubborn character joins a unit they cannot use his leadership and he tests seperately.

3. No penalty for range but -1 for moving. Pretty sure.

4. The multiple shot rule inflicts a -1 for shooting more than one shot. The weapons this applies to will have it listed in their description. Boltthrowers don't suffer from this.

5. After they have nominated the target, I'd say.

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
2. They are only all stubborn if they have a special rule stating that the Tyrant becomes stubborn by joining them. If a not stubborn character joins a unit they cannot use his leadership and he tests seperately.
They never test separately. When that happens, you either use the unit's stubborn ld or the character's modified ld (pg 78, BRB).

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
I'll have to check on that. I went to a GT where they ruled it differently.

I will have to check my rulebook to clarify.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.