Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've played many multiplayer games, but sadly enough it tends to be against the same TYPE of armies, eg. chaos or various chapters of marines, and necrons. I was just wondering what type of tactics or tricks that others have used to ensure a better chance at victory in multiplayer battles.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I always take as many mobile things as I can and try to stay out of the enemies way as much as possible. Letting them kill each other off is probably the best idea, if you can work it out that way. Also, I've found that with a moderate amount of campaign, you don't really have to deal with the person on the opposite corner as you, so just worry about the two next to you. Last time I played with my Eldar, I won because I focused on simply killing the only things that could hurt my 3 tanks. After that, my opponents pretty much gave up. They couldn't catch me in combat, and the strongest gun they had was S6.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I agree, I have not played alot of mulit player where you have to fight everyone, but the few I have played worked out well for me as well due to everyone not seeing eldar as a great threat. I worked at shooting everything and tried staying out of close combat until I had nothing really left to shoot. I used some banshees and my wraithguard to finish. Everyone has ther own opinions and evey battle will end up different even with teh same armies.

So as a good strategy: Stay out of combat and let everyone kill each other and focus on one army to either side of you or both if you can. Sometimes you will see the poeple nod or hear them make a pact against the other people so watch for that as well caz you could be ina world of hurtin'. Well hope you find a tatic that will work for you.

Death to the Mon-Keigh

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually do sit back and let the others pick at themselves before i really start an attack. It has worked out to the better unless we have played king of the hill type objective (take and hold in the center of the board). Then I have had to hold my army back for the first few turns to ensure that I last the whole game. Most multiplayer games I have played, I usually dont see the opposite corner army till like turn 4 or 5 at best, if at all. We've had the tendency to play on 4 x 8 tables with around 1500-2000 points. So playing defensively has worked out for me so far.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Vulture tactics work well, as has been said already. Let your opponents beat on each other while you hide/run your units so nothing can see/catch them, then in the final stages of the game, depending on the mission, use you mass speed to jump on objectives or bring so much force to bear on one part of of the table that your opponent(s) cant resist it that late on.

·
Registered
304 Posts
In case they don't let you sit back

If your opponent's don't attack you, then yes...by all means do the vulture thing.

If they do come after you, your mobility will still help.

A couple good rules of thumb are:

1. Pick the units that are the biggest threat to you (that can get to you) and focus on them to the exclusion of all else.

2. Move to where the majority of your enemies AREN'T.

3. Like was said before kill anti-armor and keep your armor alive

4. Conserve your key units if at all possible

5. Don't be afraid to engage at decisive times.
5a. Did a unit just win CC but is itself now nearly crippled?
5b. Are there two enemy units in CC that fit nicely under a dispersed prism blast?
5c. Is there a HQ with only one wound all by himself?
5d. Is that devastator squad's cover negated by a nice flanking move?

There are a lot of times you should go for it, but husband your resources well since its basically 3 vs 1 and everyone will try to "let everyone else kill each other" (unless you play in a high idiot ratio area).

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts