Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay the vasoline army did okay, but only because it was the eldar (Crispy cremed!)
Ive learned my lesson and i think im gonna start a SM army at the same time my roomie starts his DE, but this is what i have planned. Any Ideas?
Minor Divergence - Trust Your Battle Brother, for We Stand Alone.

240pts. - Tactical Squad w/ Razorback (Trust your Battle Brother!)
Sergeant w/ Bolt Pistol + Power Fist, Melta Bombs, Purity Seals *fluff*, Termie Honours
4 Space Marines w/ Bolter + CCW
Razorback w/ Twin-linked Heavy Bolter, Pintle-mounted Storm Bolter, PotMS

80pts. - Land Speeder Tornado
Land speeder w/ Heavy Bolter + Assault Cannon

80pts. - Land Speeder Tornado
Land speeder w/ Heavy Bolter + Assault Cannon

Any thoughts? I was thinking that it was pretty decent for a nice punchy start with SM.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, I have tried something similar with my Dark Angels army - concept wise I really like it - a crack team of 5-6 guys zippng around in a Rhino, with two swooping landspeeders for support. But, I just don't think it really works - the problem is not enough models.

You have a lot of firepower on the two landspeeders for cheap - which is good - but they are so cheap because they are easily killed. And you only have 5 marines! If you run into something really nasty close combat wise it's all over. Or if the Rhino is destroyed before they disembark that could seriously damage your small squad.

So, I'm currently trying to work out a 400pt marine list with as many troops as possible. Perhaps dump one of the landspeeders for more troops - maybe a scout squad. Infiltrate can get them where they need to be w/out needing to buy them a transport.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, you still have a mobile unit but almost 3 times as many models. AND 5 weapons that can penetrate armored targets - albeit you must get into cc to use some of them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts