Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I played 40k 6 years ago but have been getting into it again due to downloading Vassal.

I played my first game last night and my list looked like this:

Chaplain
Jet Pack
BP and Master Crafted Croz

5 Marines - Bolters
5 Marines - Bolters

LS - Heavy Bolter
LS Tornado - Assault cannon

My opponent turned up with 3 Killer Kanz, blew up my AC in turn 1 and that was basically the match. His kanz went through and killed everything and the chaplain killed 3 bikers and that was it, nothing else. He recommended I dropped HQ as in CP they dont do too much.

Ive now come up with this list:
Traits: Pious-Purity above all, We stand Alone

9 Marines- 1 with ML
Apothecary with BP, CCW and Combat Shield/Bionics/Melta Bombs (havent decided)

LS - HB, Flamer
LS - Melta
LS - HB, Typhoon rockets

So basically the LS can attack tanks AND hordes (or hordes at 400 points) and my army can just sit back and blow everythin up. The apothecary has 4A on the charge too :)

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I played against IG today and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
Here are the noticeable things
1. Apothecary VS rule, esp when you give em Powerfists.
2. My LS Typhoon got shot first turn, due to no cover. Jury is still out.
3. The IG player had no tanks so MM killed 2 guardsmen.
4. HB is pretty good.
5. Dont forget you have a ML in the marines! (I only remembered turn 4 :S)

So yeah, if I had any cover to hide behind turn 1 I would killed his A$$, but I didnt so I think I will try this army again before I take real notice.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
well the first thing that wrong with your second list is that its not legal. But maybe you guys are using house rules that defy the force orginization chart?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Kanz are from 45-75 points each just in cae you didnt know nad there armour 11-11-10 so they are allowed unlike dreads

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well the first thing that wrong with your second list is that its not legal. But maybe you guys are using house rules that defy the force orginization chart?
I thought in Combat Patrol you didnt need a HQ and you only needed 1 troops choice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts