The Attackers of Ulthuan, they are =P .

- Tyrion, Defender of Ulthuan:
Mount: Malhandir
Armour: Dragon Armour of Aenarion
Weapons: Sunfang
Other Items: Heart of Avelorn
Honours: Pure of Heart Honour
Special Rules: Feint, Riposte, Curse of Aenarion
Point Cost: 585 (550 for Tyrion and 35 for Malhandir)

- Teclis, High Loremaster of the White Tower
Weapons: The Sword of Teclis
Honours: Channeler Honour, Pure of Heart Honour
Other Items: Potions of Inner Strength, Moon Staff of Lileath, Scroll of Hoeth,
War Crown of Saphery
Special Rules: High Loremaster, Curse of Aenarion
Point Cost: 630

- 46 High Elf Archers
Weapons: Hand Weapon
Other Items: Longbow
Point Cost: 552

- 45 Spearmen
Armour: Light Amour, Shields
Weapons: Hand weapon, spear
Special Rules: Fight in three ranks with spears
Point Cost: 495

- 16 SilverHelms (with 2 SBearers)
Armour: Heavy Armour, Shield
Weapons: Hand Weapon, Lance
Mount: Barded Elven Steed
Other Items: One unit will have the War Banner
Point Cost: 416

- 5 Ellyrian Reavers (including Musician)
Armour: Light Armour
Weapons: Hand Weapon, Spear
Other Items: Bow
Mount: Elven Steed
Point Cost: 127

- 12 Swordmasters of Hoeth (of which 1 is a Bladelord)
Armour: Heavy Armour
Weapons: Hand Weapon, Greatweapon
Other Items: Banner of Sourcery
Special Rules: Swordmasters
Point Cost: 230

- 10 Shadow Warriors
Armour: Light Armour
Weapons: Hand Weapon
Other Items: Longbow
Special Rules: Scouts, Skirmish, Hate Dark Elves
Point Cost: 150

- 2 Tiranoc Chariots
Crew: 2 High Elves with Hand Weapons, spears, and bows
Drawn by: 2 Elven Steeds
Armour Save: 5+
Special Rules: Chariot
Point Cost: 170

- 10 Dragon princes of Caledor with 1 Drakemaster
Armour: Dragon Armour, Shield
Weapons: Lance, Hand Weapon
Other Items: Standard of Balance
Point Cost: 331

- 3 Repeater Bolt Throwers
Crew: 2 High Elves with Hand Weapons
Special Rules: Repeater Bolt Thrower
Point Cost: 300

TOTAL ARMY COST: 3996 pts

Any views/tips/opinions? I know there are few characters.. I might include another lvl2 Mage or two to get the magic boosted abit.

·
850 Posts
Nice list Slai. I like the variety in the army. I will agree to maybe add the lv.2 mage, but i am still getting used to Fantasy.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Another good list but again why no command for spearmen? I know you said your just gonna use them to soak up missile fire, but they can win combats. And I would again give DPs full command, and same with SHs. You may think that if they break then game over but the musician can win the tie, and the unit can purse with banner of balance. Also the SMs you can't have two Blademaster's, and what about full command with Banner Of Sorcery? Even Teclis could use the extra dice, and a mage is good (maybe as scroll caddy).

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spearmen are there for rank bonus and soaking skillz. Not soaking missile fire, but rather soaking enemy charges. They are not meant to win combats, and probably wont even with banner and champion. But those points are used better elsewere, I think, where they count. Like in my SH/DP regiments.

The SH and DP units dont need musicians, as that is just wasted pts. If they flee, the game will surely have been over a few turns ago. They are to make sure-fire hardhitting stings which are meant to break the enemy. If they cant break the enemy, they wont charge the enemy.

I forgot that SM are 0-1 choice =) . Will fix right now.

No Banner of Sourcery for the SM. They will be the main arrow focal point for any enemy with brains, and that banner will be lost when they do get shot down.

Perhaps a lvl1 mage with some dispel scrolls would be nice.

·
10,982 Posts
Ok but the Banner would help teclis with more dice. Why don't you give the Blademaster Purifying incense, (I think thats it. My books downstairs) the item that modifys missile fire at it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There, I shaved off some pts on the SM unit, gave them a bannerman, and the Sourcerybanner. Any better?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They wont die if they are used as the support unit they are meant to be. They will be in the fray with Spearmen, SH, Chariots and DP most of the time, and I dont think they will have many losses in HTH. Neither will they suffer much shooting casualties, with that nifty item you adviced me to give them, and due to the fact that they will be shielded most of the time, I dont feel that they will be fleeing anytime soon.

Though I am still abit torn. Maybe I should just make them 20 strong again, and drop that SBearer, Magic Banner, and the Sacred Insence.

I should find some other unit to stick that banner in. But, alas, I dont have another unit to stick that in =/ .

·
10,982 Posts
I'd keep the command as these are your best infantry unit you've got. I know what you mean about breaking but you can't garantee that all units will be in the same combat. Remember that DEs are very tricky and could force you to break up you line. Also what out for the Brets, because you have higher movement than their knights make sure you charge. And watch out for theGrail Knights (Immune to Psyc).

·
Sorcerer
1,532 Posts
IMO shaving 80points of for a banner is a little silly. Those points are better spent elsewhere (Probably)

Also i aways take full command for all my dwarfs. Dunno why. Just feels right :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.