Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I'm working some might magicks to conjure up something combining the 2 things I do the most, 40K and 3D stuffs. It's called Orange Grey Knights Assault! and features my famous OGKs and some silly Tau.

I'll quote my Blog this time, but next time you'll just have to follow my links!

Mike's Blog said:
So this all started, quite randomly, mostly due to the "fine" folks that populate Librarium-Online Chat.

It all started when a link to the newest Dawn of War Expansion's Intro Movie, which like the Dark Crusade one, features the use of in-game art, which let me say isn't bad, the Battlefield 2142 Intro was great and it used in-game art as well.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work so well for for Dawn of War. Well here take a look;

Soulstorm Intro

So I don't like it, I mean as just 1 example of the 'wtf effect', at the end, there is a random explosion coming from the Great Knarloc's mouth, and I KNOW that other than the Exorcist and Bolters(which wouldn't create a blast of that magnitude), the Sisters of Battle don't have explosive weapons, so unless the Knarloc farts out of it's mouth while it's roaring and the fart was ignited by the Canoness' Plasma Pistol, then yeah.

So yeah, I'm gonna do my Own 40K insipred Animation, Featuring my Grey Knight army, the Orange Grey Knights, and yes they ARE really orange and I don't care what you all think about it, vs the Tau.

So far I'm working on the storyboards and some of the 3D assets I'll need, but mostly the Storyboards, I'll get those up in image form once their done and try a flash version with some basic timing so you guys can get a better idea of what going on. I'm aiming for a length of a minute at least, and so far I got roughly 30-40 seconds storyboarded, length will change as the timing gets refined, but not too much, If I can get this to about 2 minutes, that be awesome, but we'll see.

I'll keep ya updated.
and there you have it, heres teh link to the Blog: Orange Grey Knights Assault!, I'll be sticking it in my sig as well.

You can leave comments either here or there, I'll keep track of them.

I'll be back with more later!

Mike

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
... Ok, so Pickle is writing a modelling guide for the mag, and also posting it on the forums. And now this pops up here too :( We're gonna have no content left for the mag! lol.

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
... Ok, so Pickle is writing a modelling guide for the mag, and also posting it on the forums. And now this pops up here too :( We're gonna have no content left for the mag! lol.
What are you? Selfish? ;p

Besides, there plenty of things I can save for the Mag or only show low Quality here. Plus the Mag makes a nice 'this Month's Progress' kind of thing.

Mike

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Heh, no wories Katie, sire it wasnt meant in that way.

Anyway, mike, join the LO mag group, we have our own subforum now. Then if possible, maybe a mod could move this thread to there?? Unless you want to keep it on general display mike.

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I want to keep it here, This is the kind of thin I make progress on Daily, also this is a great place to get feed back.

There are still plenty of things I can keep Mag exclusive, things like the full storyboards, some of the early lika reels, render tests, effect tests.

Theres so much a project like this, you'll get your monthly exclusives still.

Mike

·
Nox
1,705 Posts
Goody, i want to see this done. I beleive it was my "Hurry up n make it" that inspired you to this great feat *shameless self bump*

Nah, i want to see this off the ground and soaring, Stick it to GW mike!! with a large fish!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts