Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone!

I wanted to show this off for a while, so here goes. I'm working on a Lost and the Damned list to represent a Legion of Beastmen of Chaos for 40K (whose rules are about to be lost and damned, but moving on...), and the real inspiration I had to do this list was this very miniature. When I realized that I could combine these sets to get this effect, I had to commit to the whole army. Here are some shots of the model before painting:

Rules-wise, it's really simple; he's an Aspiring Champion with Bolt Pistol and Power Axe. I think my chainlink tabard could have come out better, but it's not bad for my first go. I'll post a painted photo sometime after I actually take one.

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! Those look great!
Where did you get the legs? - Tau??
Exactly right! Those are the legs from the XV-25 Suit, specifically the Shas'vre's legs with the bonding knife; I thought the dagger added a little something. I had to shave down the "bump" on top where it joins with the waist to get it to fit right.

Like I said, I was looking at a Stealth Team, got hit with this inspiration, and now I'm building an entire army around it.

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
I tried the same thing for my 40K blood letters.

but i failed.

yours are far superior.

good job. :D

Aah.. if only all fantasy models could look half as good as this. :shifty:

·
King of France
737 Posts
that is awesome!

*wait's for chaos update, makes aton of beastmen conversions, forgets to buy food cause spent all money on conversions and dies!*

yeah, only they wouldn't bee that cool and would nurgley! (and it's not the greenstuff)

you are an awesome and inspiring dude!

*wait's to see you play a fluff nut*

·
KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS!
3,922 Posts
very cool conversions. Hey you could always use them as posessed now. or even 'nilla daemons or some such.

·
823 Posts
Wow. That is just amazing looking. I would be very concerned about the amount of money it would take to do a whole army like that, but it would probably be worth it.

Very original, and VERY well done.

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow. That is just amazing looking. I would be very concerned about the amount of money it would take to do a whole army like that, but it would probably be worth it.

Very original, and VERY well done.
That's why I was going for LatD; I'd only need a few of them to represent the HQ choices. Making an entire legion of these guys, while unbelievably cool, would be cost-prohibitive.

Reactions: MouseC112

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
nice job!

That's why I was going for LatD; I'd only need a few of them to represent the HQ choices. Making an entire legion of these guys, while unbelievably cool, would be cost-prohibitive.
Really nice conversion idea, i think its excellent for the exact purpose your looking for and is great if you happen to play beastman as well as that way your not wasting extra parts. I really like the idea for bloodletters as i don't like the models and was looking for a plastic idea or even to represent bezerkers for khorne. Very nice work!

·
Senior Citizen
719 Posts
Great conversion, the pose is very good.
To me a model like this is what converting is all about. Taking parts from three totally different sets and ending up with something new, unique and inspiring that's also very cool & playable.

·
Here comes DR. TRAN!
177 Posts
As a Fantasy Beasts of Chaos player I have to say this conversion is amazingly bad ass! The idea of Tau legs is genius. A unit of these properly painted is DEFINITELY Golden Daemon material. I feel inspired now

·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.