Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would really want to make a 40k dogs of war. you would be able to field different races in the same army like the fantasy. you would be able to field halflings, dwarves, elves, humans, tau, kroot, orks, etc. i know fluff-wise, no one would get along but it would be cool.

what do you think the fluff could be to be able to make an army like this?

they're all from a different dimension, one where a lot of them get along?
they were forced to fight together to fight against a common foe?

·
Registered
45 Posts
i dunno only fluff i could think of at the moment would be that like tau or orks were searching the galaxy and found a planet (i.e old earth) where they weren't technologicaly (sp?) advanced liked the rest, so they took em along and will either use them as shield (i.e gretchins) or be friends and teach them things and stuff... i dunno its only 6:30 here and i got to get ready to go to school, but it could be a start hehe

·
Registered
878 Posts
That really wouldn't work, because it would open up so many chances for cheese, the game would become unfun. But maybe, a mad scientist decided to put all the races on one planet, and they all got along fine!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yeah, this just wouldn't work. In Fantasy, race relations are slightly different for some reason...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Well, Orks are crazy in both worlds, just one of them has guns and Dreadies! :lol:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Never heard of the Dogs of War, since I don't knwo anything about the Fantasy side....lol.

Anyway the mercenary angle sounds pretty good.
If your opponent allows it and there is some leeway about Eldar joining Space Marines to fight against Chaos.

Imperial Guard can have Kroot mercenaries.
IG can also have Ogryn and even if there are no figures Squats as well.
Then theres the Ratlings....lol.

So if one massive Chaos Army were to turn up?

One Radical Inquisitor with his Daemonhunter Army and allied Eldar joins the local Imperial Guard and it's CLOBBERINNN TIME!!!

Anything else to add?

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
That would be cool because sides often hire Kroot, Ork, Human, and sometimes even Chaos Marine forces to help out, it could even be a return for squats.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.