Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Dusk Phantom
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
40K Fan-Pics/Fan-Flash * UPDATE * Let's discuss.

Alright guys mainly what I'd like us to do is take a look at these pictures and flashes that I've found online and sort of give our opinions on one, all of them, whichever one you like or anything. Some of these some people might have already seen, others probably not. Most of these (I hope all of them) are fan made and thus not infringing on any GW rights. If they are I'll gladly take them off. - Also if by any chance you have more pics or flashes, please PM me, I'll tag them on here. This way they don't get littered throughout the topic if it gets too long. Also, I'm only posting the ones I consider 'good' which is a bit biased but some are really doodles or poorly animated and I'm filtering those out.

Ahem, let's begin with the flash:

Epic Battles I - A Comedic one:

"Epic Battles" Ep.1

Warhammer 40K Tribute I - An action one.

Warhammer 40k Tribute

Warhammer 40K Tribute II - The sequel.

Warhammer 40k Tribute 2

Flashes added by Magila are on his post. Personally I think they're just a -tad- doodly.

Now obviously there are others so if you know of any send me a PM or somesuch and I'll put them on here. Please just make sure they're well animated, I'm not putting any stick figures with helmets on or something, no matter how hilarious they might be.
Now for the pictures:

I took the liberty of putting them on my photobucket in order not to get any 'hot-linking' violations from the site owners, also I'm posting mainly the fan ones, I know there are a lot of professional ones out there that GW hasn't used yet - but really just the fan stuff if you have or got any to put up here for us to comment on, send me a pm.

These are all from the same artists. I'll leave my comments out of this since I'm the poster.

Thoughts?

Next batch - These are all mixed from different artists:
(Btw I found out why the pregnant girls, it's from an artist in Deviant Art, he draws characters from ANYTHING pregnant. So yeah.)

Anyway that's it hehe - thoughts?

Personally I think that last one is just so Kawaii n.n

Alright I got tons of new ones, if you fear some of these are too professional not to worry, I got them from public community sites where the artists themselves post them up, so no worries they're all fan made:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I like the chibi (I think there called) pics, and the one with all the pregnant women is odd but for some reason i find i like it. all i ask is more pics of Guard!

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
[Very twisted picture once existed here] - Katie D
Umm... yyyyyeah, this is one of those "back away slowly" ones. What was the artist on with this one?

Otherwise, VERY kewl stuff. This could become the best 40k thread since "Pictures/Conversion of the day!"

·
Advocatus Diaboli
4,571 Posts
That's some cool stuff. Although the "ENLIST" poster is let down by the presence of the US flag on the boy's cap (If they're going to take that much time in photoshop, at least be thorough).

The less said about the pregnant pic, the better o_O.

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Lol chibi sisters...
The first artist I really like, has a very stylised, er, style, got some great pics there ;Y. Also liking that necron destroyer sketch, it has a similar look to the actual GW sketches they use :).

·
Dusk Phantom
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh the Pregnant one got taken down, I didn't think it was that offensive ^^; I thought it was kind of sweet. Ah well. Can I atleast post the link without the picture tags? I mean we're talking art in general and that wasn't badly drawn or anything. Someone's take on things or wanted to see someone you never see in 40K i.e. Women. And amongst all the death and violence - Pregnancy, the giving of life.

- Anyway yes the guy who made the Dark Angels one is obviously a very big fanatic on that specific legion, other than that - you can't 'enlist' with the Space Marines, also the US flag on that kid's face made me shudder. I mean it's been 40'000 years. The very notion that there was once a United States is like... if we -now- were talking about Cavemen, or Dinosaurs.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
Oh the Pregnant one got taken down, I didn't think it was that offensive ^^; I thought it was kind of sweet. Ah well. Can I atleast post the link without the picture tags? I mean we're talking art in general and that wasn't badly drawn or anything. Someone's take on things or wanted to see someone you never see in 40K i.e. Women. And amongst all the death and violence - Pregnancy, the giving of life.
Nope, sorry. There was a bit more to that picture than what you're seeing, I'm afraid. It can stay down.

Katie D

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
The last flash movie was kinda cool, not too keen on the others though. The pics are pretty good.

Does anyone know what Newgrounds uses to display it's flash? It's almost like a lightbox for flash (or can lightbox/slimbox be used for flash as well??)

Either way - I must know!! >.<;;

Stonehambey

·
Wher dat naked blue chik?
1,646 Posts
My favorite part in the first one:
Whats my beef? The Emperor's a Dick!
THE EMPEROR.... DEMANDS.. TACOS!

--edit----
I also forgot to mention something. It's a real bummer when the good animators make movies with very little fluff knowledge. I was a little confused when the ultramarines drop podded... inside wooden crates >_> <_<

Reactions: Adahn

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
Well it ws just really, really wierd. A green pregnant women that's supposed to be an Ork? The Tau one? The Space Marine!? It was just so wrong on so many levels and completely out of place in the Grim Far Future.... I would like to know what inspired the madness though.

Yeah the Tribute movies were quite bad in terms of fluff knowledge - especially the second one where you see the Eldar shoot his pistol and blow a Marine's head off.
Or the exploding, armour piercing shurikens fired by the Wraithlord...

Still awesome though.

·
Dusk Phantom
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I dunno ^^; I thought it was kind of sweet. Personally I consider pregnant women beautiful, that's just me ofc.

Or the exploding, armour piercing shurikens fired by the Wraithlord...

Still awesome though.

- It's awesome I agree, but it's just like the first artist. I consider him idolising his Dark Angels as they easily crush an Eldar Farseer, and then portraying the Space Wolves as a bunch of push-overs, easily killed by a bunch of Eldar Banshees.

·
Son of LO
3,930 Posts
Heheh. DA fanboy. I think I've seen his work somewhere else...including that recruitment picture with the Chaplain. There were some other ones, I think I have them on my old computer.

Good Warhammer fan art is hard to find because it's not a riotously popular hobby. My friend has given it a shot once or twice, but like some of those he does it in an anime style...which is great for anime, but not too fantastic for Warhammer, which is an art style all of its own.

Pregnant woman o_O? What the hell was that about...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.