Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Recon

Mission Level - Omega

Special Rules - Escalation, Concealment, Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Emperor's Children
(All models have Mark of Slaanesh when applicable.)

HQ - 162
Daemon Prince of Slaanesh
+CCW
+Dreadaxe
+Daemonic Aura
+Daemonic Speed
+Daemonic Stature
+Daemonic Strength
+frag grenades
+spiky bits

Troops - 998
5x Noise Marines
+5xsonic blasters
+Aspiring Champion
++Power weapon
++Melta bombs
++Daemonic Strength
+Rhino transport
++smoke launchers.

5x Noise Marines
+5xsonic blasters
+Aspiring Champion
++Power weapon
++Melta bombs
++Daemonic Strength
+Rhino transport
++smoke launchers.

5x Noise Marines
+5xsonic blasters
+Aspiring Champion
++Power weapon
++Melta bombs
++Daemonic Strength
+Rhino transport
++smoke launchers.

5x Noise Marines
+5xsonic blasters
+Aspiring Champion
++Power weapon
++Melta bombs
++Daemonic Strength
+Rhino transport
++smoke launchers.

10x Daemonettes

Fast Attack - 259
5x Chaos Space Marine Bikers
+Sonic Blasters
+Champ
++Power Weapon
++Melta Bombs

Heavy Support – 428
5x Havocs - 214
+Bolter
+4x Blast Masters
+5x Tank Hunters
+Aspiring Champion
++Bolt Pistol & CCW
++Tank Hunters

5x Havocs - 214
+Bolter
+4x Blast Masters
+5x Tank Hunters
+Aspiring Champion
++Bolt Pistol & CCW
++Tank Hunters

Strategy:
This army combines serious firepower with the assault prowess of Slaanesh marines (since they will strike 1st with almost any opponent). The havocs lay down constant fire with their blast masters killing pretty much everything they hit. The noise marine squads are suited for both shooting and assaulting, the rhinos provide great mobility when needed, not to mention added protection. The bikes can turbo-boost and flank the enemy, summoning the daemonetts (all noise marine squads also have the potential to summon). The prince will support the army with it’s speed and cc skills. This genuinely a very flexible list, suited for any opponent.

------------------

The Unhallowed Host
Lost and the Damned

HQ - 307
Chaos Lieutenant
+Mark of Nurgle
+Darkblade
+Terminator Armour
+Combi Bolter

6 Terminators(Retinue) -
+Mark of Nurgle
+Aspiring Champion
+2 PF
+Icon

Aspiring Champion (Join with Mutants squad)
+Bolt pistol
+Power Fist
+Mark of Nurgle

Elites - 574
7 Plague Bearers

7 Plague Marines
+2 melta guns
+Icon
+Aspiring Champion
++Power Fist
++Nurgle'sRot
+Rhino
++Extra Armour
++Smoke:

7 Plague Marines
+2 melta guns
+Icon
+Aspiring Champion
++Power Fist
++Nurgle'sRot
+Rhino
++Extra Armour
++Smoke

Troops - 521
20x Mutants
+2 flamers
+Boss
++Power Fist
+Bloated (4+ save)

7 Nurglings

5x Traitors
+Lascannon

5 Traitors
+Lascannon

5 Traitors
+Lascannon

5 Traitors
+Lascannon

Fast Attack - 45
Sentinel
+Multilaser

Heavy Support - 300
5x Chaos Spawn

Basalisk

Basalisk

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Tough match up.

I'm gonna have to say the LATD, just.

That's a lot of lascannon to kill all those Rhinos, backed up by some rock hard Plague Marines, a and those Bassies to crack stuff from hiding. Mos isn't really going to do a lot here, and those Tank-Hunters will also be useless due to indirect fire.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
LATD. To the Hilt.

Nurgle Marines are better than Slaaneshi ones in this context, and better equipped.

Rhino's are awful, however the LATD list has fewer and has wasted fewer points.

4 Lascannon v's 4 Rhinos, easy peasy.

2 Basalisks which the EC can't touch. Easy.

A unit of super hard spawn which the EC will have a hard tme dealing with.

The LATD Terminators will deal with the Bikers no problem and gun down the Daemonettes.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote lost and the damned, as in this case, they have superior firepower, and the ability to handle/slow down the enemy in cc (those terminators are nasty).

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
lost and the damned for the same reasons stated above me.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
danceman said:
lost and the damned for the same reasons stated above me.
This vote won't be counted unless you add reasons (you can't just say "what he said").
However, it looks like it won't matter anyway.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I vote LaTD due in part to the infiltrating Traitors being able to get optimal firing positions, and the greater long range firepower of the LatD list.

However, I think that this will a bloody battle due to the hth combat strength of the Slaneeshi lord and the mobile firepower of the Noise Marines.

Fluffwise, I'd say the Emperor's Children have it due to their greater point expenditure in troops.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I vote Emperors Children

The mission is to get scoring units into the enemies deployment zone. I don't see how you guys can think LaTD would win? You HAVE to assume that both these gents are veteran players. The EC player will zoom forward and pop smoke. There is no way even half of em will be taken down. The rhinoes would start in cover (remeber, veteren players), so even if LaTD gets the 1st turn it wont matter.

Perhaps you guys aren't familiar with sonic weapons? The blastmasters will easily tkae down the basilisks which must be in line of sight in order to shoot (no indirect fire). The troops can pile out of the transports on the second turn, shoot their sonic blasters twice and assault. And the slaanesh guys will hit 1st. The Daemonetts and bikes can take anything in the other army out in assault. After the troops are out the rhinoes can be used to block line of sight of any shooting threats (termies). Once the traitors get hit in cc, they will break after one round.

Oh yea, I'm forgetting something. Mobility. Your guys win this scenario by having scoring units in the enemies deployment zone. The LaTD list has virtually NO mobility. If anything else, you have to see that in a RECON mission the Emperor's Children will win. Longer range means nothing if the enemy is sitting right in front of your face in the deployment zone.

In short, the EC list has superior speed, mobility, firepower, and cc capabilities.

I strongly suggest you guys re-think your votes. :yes:

Reactions: Caluin

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Well, the fluff definatly is taken by the slanash list. And without indirect fire, the basasks wont be such a terror with 12 armour on front, against 4 9S attacks each, barally get a turn, if that, out of them. After that, the 8 strength blast weapon will remove IG really fast. The demonettes are a great counter for the termintors, theyll strike first with rending. And the lord for the slaneesh is pretty buffed out, he will also cut those termintators to peices pretty quick, or the normal nurgle.

Although it dosnt at first glance look like it, the slanesh list has better firepower, greater mobility, and better CC. Thats everything, mission doesnt matter if nothings left. (although theyed win recon anyway.)

In case you dont know a dreadaxe allows no inverable save, and the wielder has 6 strength. Also, the wielder has 6WS, making him pretty good at charactor assination as well.

Slanesh.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar said:
Well, the fluff definatly is taken by the slanash list, to the point that the list is hurt horribly by it. Also, the substantial firepower of 2 basalisks will aid a lot in the victory for the LATD
So your voting for the LaTD list, just because they have 2 basilisks? Please read my post.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Just a recap.

LatD 7 EC 1

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Not one person has mentioned a single thing about the mission. By mobility alone, EC win.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
EDIT: I retract this post. It was hypocritical.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Grey said:
So I take it that's your army then? ;).
It doesn't matter if it is or isn't. He has a very valid point - people are forgetting about the mission and the mission rules. Escalation and Recon are very important to this battle, more so than people are making it out to be. Whether this is enough to make you rethink your votes or not is up to you - I'm not here to sway anyone's opinion in one way or another. Just a friendly reminder that the mission means everything.

On the other hand, the EC can't get any troops into the enemy deployment zone if they're all dead. It's up to ya'll to decide what that outcome will be.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Caluin said:
On the other hand, the EC can't get any troops into the enemy deployment zone if they're all dead. It's up to ya'll to decide what that outcome will be.
But they wouldn't be. That's what smoke launchers and turbo boosts are for... ;)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Fair enough. I just take exception to being told that I'm not taking things into consideration when I vote on something. So, I guess I became somewhat rude in response. My appologies.

I feel that the ECs list weakness lies in its small numbers, in part due to the need to get the magic number on each squad, and that in the 21 strong bloated mutant plus aspiring champion squad are enough bodies to clog and kill two of the EC squads alone with the two hidden powerfists. And thats one of the weaker squads in the LaTD list.

The EC squads are tooled up to be good in both shooting and hth and as such are unfortunately masters of neither; while they will go first due to their mark their squads are relying on their champs to do their killing for them since the rest of squad is armed with ranged weapons without having the numbers to keep those champs alive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.