Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a repost, due to an illegal army list being entered into the VoteWar. For reference - the illegal army was the LaTD list. I've talked with the list owner and modified it to his instructions. Changes include -

*Drop one group of Plague Marines and used the points to invest in more Terminators for the retinue.

*Changed the other squad of Plague Marines to Chosen so they take up the same FO slot as the Retinue, since LaTD lists are limited to 0-1 elites from the Chaos list.

-----------------------------------
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Recon

Mission Level - Omega

Special Rules - Escalation, Concealment, Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Emperor's Children
(All models have Mark of Slaanesh when applicable.)

HQ - 162Daemon Prince of Slaanesh
+CCW
+Dreadaxe
+Daemonic Aura
+Daemonic Speed
+Daemonic Stature
+Daemonic Strength
+frag grenades
+spiky bits

Troops - 998
5x Noise Marines
+5xsonic blasters
+Aspiring Champion
++Power weapon
++Melta bombs
++Daemonic Strength
+Rhino transport
++smoke launchers.

5x Noise Marines
+5xsonic blasters
+Aspiring Champion
++Power weapon
++Melta bombs
++Daemonic Strength
+Rhino transport
++smoke launchers.

5x Noise Marines
+5xsonic blasters
+Aspiring Champion
++Power weapon
++Melta bombs
++Daemonic Strength
+Rhino transport
++smoke launchers.

5x Noise Marines
+5xsonic blasters
+Aspiring Champion
++Power weapon
++Melta bombs
++Daemonic Strength
+Rhino transport
++smoke launchers.

10x Daemonettes

Fast Attack - 259
5x Chaos Space Marine Bikers
+Sonic Blasters
+Champ
++Power Weapon
++Melta Bombs

Heavy Support – 428
5x Havocs - 214
+Bolter
+4x Blast Masters
+5x Tank Hunters
+Aspiring Champion
++Bolt Pistol & CCW
++Tank Hunters

5x Havocs - 214
+Bolter
+4x Blast Masters
+5x Tank Hunters
+Aspiring Champion
++Bolt Pistol & CCW
++Tank Hunters

Strategy:
This army combines serious firepower with the assault prowess of Slaanesh marines (since they will strike 1st with almost any opponent). The havocs lay down constant fire with their blast masters killing pretty much everything they hit. The noise marine squads are suited for both shooting and assaulting, the rhinos provide great mobility when needed, not to mention added protection. The bikes can turbo-boost and flank the enemy, summoning the daemonetts (all noise marine squads also have the potential to summon). The prince will support the army with it’s speed and cc skills. This genuinely a very flexible list, suited for any opponent.

------------------

The Unhallowed Host (Revised)
Lost and the Damned

HQ - 579
Chaos Lieutenant
+Mark of Nurgle
+Darkblade
+Terminator Armour
+Combi Bolter

10 Terminators (Retinue) -
+Mark of Nurgle
+Aspiring Champion
+2 PF
+Icon

Aspiring Champion (Join with Mutants squad)
+Bolt pistol
+Power Fist
+Mark of Nurgle

Elites - 394
7 Plague Bearers

6 Chosen Plague Marines
+2 melta guns
+Icon
+Aspiring Champion
++Power Fist
++Nurgle'sRot
+Rhino
++Extra Armour
++Smoke

Troops - 518
19x Mutants
+2 flamers
+Boss
++Power Fist
+Bloated (4+ save)

7 Nurglings

5x Traitors
+Lascannon

5 Traitors
+Lascannon

5 Traitors
+Lascannon

5 Traitors
+Lascannon

Fast Attack - 45
Sentinel
+Multilaser

Heavy Support - 300
5x Chaos Spawn

Basalisk

Basalisk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I vote Emperors Children

The mission is to get scoring units into the enemies deployment zone. You HAVE to assume that both these gents are veteran players. The EC player will zoom forward and pop smoke. There is no way even half of em will be taken down. The rhinoes would start in cover (remeber, veteren players), so even if LaTD gets the 1st turn it wont matter.

Perhaps you guys aren't familiar with sonic weapons? The blastmasters will easily take down the basilisks which must be in line of sight in order to shoot (no indirect fire). The troops can pile out of the transports on the second turn, shoot their sonic blasters twice and assault. And the slaanesh guys will hit 1st. The Daemonetts and bikes can take anything in the other army out in assault. After the troops are out the rhinoes can be used to block line of sight of any shooting threats (termies). Once the traitors get hit in cc, they will break after one round. Also, the LaTD list is too unbalanced with all those terminators. 10 daemonetts, hitting first, getting 30attacks on the charge... can anyone say rending? Bye bye termie armour...

Oh yea, I'm forgetting something. Mobility. Your guys win this scenario by having scoring units in the enemies deployment zone. The LaTD list has virtually NO mobility. If anything else, you have to see that in a RECON mission the Emperor's Children will win. Longer range means nothing if the enemy is sitting right in front of your face in the deployment zone.

In short, the EC list has superior speed, mobility, firepower, and cc capabilities.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Emporer's Children
For the above reasons. Plus, Mutants & Traitors + Sonic Blasters= OUCH!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
LordMortis said:
Emporer's Children
Yup. If they didn't want to assault they can shoot 3x each! As it stands 2 shots each + assault = the above "OUCH!" :yes:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote EC,
because they have the ability to close in quickly and the LaTD lack sufficient firepower to stop them.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
LordMortis said:
Emporer's Children

Hmm. The 4+ save kinda negates that actually. I vote LaTD due to the small unit sizes of the EC, since in order to score, they have to remain above half. Probably not going to happen due to the LaTD firepower and decent hth.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
i swear ive voted for this match up before, this is really wierd, if LO is mesing up, or something, my aplogies, but my vote goes for EC.

Better firepower, S9 shots, 4 of them, per basalisk, then they are also blast weapons, so they can remove a lot of IG.

The rest of the list also has good firepower, The demons, and the demon princes area great counter to the terminators, and the other plauge marines.

Normally sonic blasters wont do much, but against hordes they work wounders.

EC

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar said:
i swear ive voted for this match up before, this is really wierd, if LO is mesing up, or something, my aplogies, but my vote goes for EC.

Better firepower, S9 shots, 4 of them, per basalisk, then they are also blast weapons, so they can remove a lot of IG.

The rest of the list also has good firepower, The demons, and the demon princes area great counter to the terminators, and the other plauge marines.

Normally sonic blasters wont do much, but against hordes they work wounders.

EC
Read the top of the thread... then you'll see that you have voted for this matchup.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hmm, guess i missed that giant purple banner. Well then...
Took me 4 tries to find it, so don't feel too bad:tongue:

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, guess i missed that giant purple banner. Well then...
Don't feel so bad about it - it was originally blue, so it blended it with the rest of the general info that is at the top of all the other posts. I only changed it to purple after you had made the new post.

·
Registered
161 Posts
This thread is still open so I'm guessing I can still vote? I vote for Emperors Children for my vote and fluff vote. I think the basilisks are going to get blown up real quick, and even tho the troops are low in number, they will be protected in the rhinoes till need be. So they'll be assaulting weakened targets after all those sonic weapon shots. And the squad has the sacred number everywhere (except for the daemonetts) and the LaTD list has 10 termies which I think is unfluffy. So hence my fluff vote goes for EC too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Originally posted by Grey.
Hmm. The 4+ save kinda negates that actually. I vote LaTD due to the small unit sizes of the EC, since in order to score, they have to remain above half. Probably not going to happen due to the LaTD firepower and decent hth.
Not really. The sonic blasters will get either 2 or 3 S4 shots. In addition, that's 8 units with a 3+ save the LATD have to kill. However, the blastmasters can pin the traitors and their lascannons and prevent losing more units than neseccary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.