Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Take and Hold

Mission Level - Alpha

Special Rules - Victory Points

Space Wolves Chapter
Space Marines

HQ - 225
Wolf Battle Leader - 85
+Bolt Pistol
+Frost Blade
+Wolf Pelt
+Wolf Tail

Wolf Battle Leader - 85
+Bolt Pistol
+Frost Blade
+Wolf Pelt
+Wolf Tail

Wolf Battle Leader - 85
+Bolt Pistol
+Frost Blade
+Wolf Pelt
+Wolf Tail

Troops - 1161
10x Grey Hunters - 236
+9x Bolter
+Plasma Gun
+Power fist
+Drop pod

9x Blood Claws - 216
+2x Power fists
+Meltagun
+Rhino
++Extra Armour
++Smoke

9x Blood Claws - 216
+2x Power fists
+Meltagun
+Rhino
++Extra Armour
++Smoke

9x Blood Claws - 216
+2x Power fists
+Meltagun
+Rhino
++Extra Armour
++Smoke

9 Blood Claws 277
+Meltagun
+2x Power Fists
+Wolf Leader
++Pistol
++Power weapon
+Rhino
++Extra Armour
++Smoke

Fast Attack - 150
Land Speeder - 75
+Assault Cannon
+Heavy bolter

Land Speeder - 75
+Assault Cannon
+Heavy bolter

Heavy Support - 208
Long Fangs - 208
+2x Lascannons
+2x Heavy Bolter

Elite - 82
4x Wolf Scouts - 82
+Meltagun
+Melta bombs

------------

Vash'ya M'yen Mechanised Cadre
Tau

HQ - 395
Shas'el - 85
+Plasma Rifle
+Missile Pod
+Multitracker
+Bodyguard - 75
++Plasma Rifle
++Missile pod
++Multitracker
+Bodyguard - 75
++Plasma Rifle
++Missile pod
++Multitracker

Shas'el - 85
+Plasma Rifle
+Missile Pod
+Multitracker
+Bodyguard - 75
++Plasma Rifle
++Missile pod
++Multitracker

Elites - 540
6x Stealth Suits – 180

6x Stealth Suits – 180

6x Stealth Suits – 180

Troops – 360
12x Firewarriors - 220
+Devilfish
++Decoys
++Multi-array

10x Kroot Carnivores – 70

10x Kroot Carnivores – 70

Heavy Support – 555
Hammerhead - 185
+Railgun
+Smart missiles
+Decoy launchers
+Multitracker
+Target lock
+Disruption pods

Hammerhead - 185
+Railgun
+Smart missiles
+Decoy launchers
+Multitracker
+Target lock
+Disruption pods

Hammerhead - 185
+Railgun
+Smart missiles
+Decoy launchers
+Multitracker
+Target lock
+Disruption pods

Fluff:
Vash'ya is known as the world 'between spheres', members of the Kor caste have a long tradition on this planet, providing the majority of the pilots and ship crew for the early Tau expansion.*

M'yen translates to 'unforseen', and is appropriate as the Mechanised Cadre is able to strike very suddenly. As a Kor caste attack force, the Kor navy is able to drop the majority of the cadre from a manta at high altitudes and hit enemy lines where their kroot and sometimes stealths and pathfinders have been able to scout out enemy forces.

The Cadre is a Kauyon Cadre, described by the imperium to be like a wasp nest. It's not terribly dangerous if you hide at a distance and throw stuff at it. But if you wander too close you're just swarmed by wasps from out of nowhere, attempts at swatting at them seem futile, but you still have a few goes at them in vain before trying to run.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote Tau

The Tau are mobile enough to avoid the Space Wolves in cc (at least the important units are) and have far superior weaponry. Also, those hammerheads will be near impossible to kill.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
The Tau run circles around that army, this isn't a fair fight. Once the rhino's are gone, the marines can effectively be ignored. The space wolves would have done well against most other opponents.

Vote goes to Tau.

I would like to add that I see the tau ignoring the objective for the first 4 turns, while the space wolves would have to continue to focus on it. The Tau have the ability to chase after the objective in the final two turns, and deal out even more punishment in close range when they do so. On the other hand, the space wolves are tied down by the objective, they can't choose to both chase the tau and focus on it, so as I said, this isn't a fair fight.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
I think the Tau might but a lot of hurt on the Space Wolves, but because it's a take and hold, it seems likely the Wolvies could plonk a few squads with Meltaguns on the objective, and the only decent thing that could oppose them is Kroot *snigger* or Hammerheads. The meltas would do a good job of the hammerhead, while anything would do a good job of the kroot.

Also, the Wofl Scouts can come on behind the Tau, and open up a can of whoop-ass on their lines. And if the Tau keeps one hammerhead back, it will take a meltagun to the rear.

I vote for Space Wolves

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Space Wolves

Their superior CC skills will win the day, I feel it will stop a lot of tau claiming the objective (and living for that matter) while the grey hunters and long fangs occupy the middle ground.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Space Wolves

The Tau list is going to be very difficult to get hold of with all those Steathsuits, but if the Space Wolf player is smart and plays to the objective then the Tau is in trouble. If the Space Wolf leader is smart he will recognise the threat from them and use his Landspeeders to drive them off, and his Rhinos en masse to tank shock.

To me this was going to be a tie, but the Space Wolf list is by far the more fluffy so that tips the balance.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Tau, just.

The Rhinos are 4 in number, with smoke thats quite hard to deal with. The DPoding GH's and SWScouts will proably account for a Tau vehicle apeice.

The LST's are good Tau hunters but the Long Fangs dont have enough meat shields to make a differance. Plus the LSTs will go down to JSJing Crisis Suits.

The Space Wolves are designed to close with a statiionary army and destroy it Mech Tau are too different from anything they might face.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I vote Space Wolves due to the mission. They can take and hold any objective from that Tau list, no matter whether or not their Rhinos are destroyed in the process. Numbers and superior hth ability make that clear.

In a different mission I'd go with Tau though.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
To me, if a normal marine can beat tau in combat, which it can, then spending more points on units that are better in combat (and can beat marines) is a waste against tau, because they beat them anyway, and it's really hard to actually get into combat with tau, especially if the tau won't be bothering about going into the objective until the last turn.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
I vote Tau

I vote Tau because the Tau will be able to stay out of CC with their manuverability and in the final turn or 2 they can speed up and take the objective after windling down the space wolves.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I think I'm going to change m vote to SW.

I said the Tau would blow up the SW vehicles, but only 4 a turn at the least, so the SW could still get enough men up to do some serious damage. Plus, the Tau don't have nearly as much anti-marine firepower as they should.

Space Wolves

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
What's anti-marine firepower? Why do the tau need anti-marine firepower? Wouldn't they force enough saves?

Plus, what do the space wolves have to actually do any damage to the tau at all? I see the stealths dancing around the space wolves without being touched.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Im gonna have to vote for the space wolves, the tau dont have much firepower for a tau list, true they have 3 tanks that the space wolves tanks really deal with, but whats it going to do? kill 2 wolves a turn? That wont effect the game after the rihnos are gone. The rihnos should start out of line of sight the frist turn.

Use a T formation: Rihnos form pairs, one rihno takes the lead, and move up 12 inches and turns sideways, the other rihno butts into this rihno forming a T, the rihno in front pops smoke. That way, the magority of the firepower from the tau will be hitting the lead rihno which is glancing hits only. Hopefully no 5s or 6s are rolled. Then next turn, the manouver is reapted if nessisary, that except the rihnos change posstion.

The drop pod is key, it would need to come down in the center of the tau force, while the rihnos corner the exteamily mobile tau. This way, the tau are forced into a corner, and are unable to simply rapid fire, and assault backwards. It seems like the scouts combined with the pod could pull this off, and perhaps the wolves could catch one of the crisis squads. Although not the other one probably.

This is only possibly because the tau doesnt have overwheming shooty power. Its not like hes got 4 squads of 12 fire warriors, and 6 crisus suits, and an ion cannon, hes not no where near that. For those reasons i go with space wolves.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
onlainari said:
What's anti-marine firepower? Why do the tau need anti-marine firepower?
Lo wAP to knock through 3+ armour.

Wouldn't they force enough saves?
If they caused 30 saves a turn, that's 10 dead SM, however, by turn 5 at the latest, they will get into combat.

Plus, what do the space wolves have to actually do any damage to the tau at all? I see the stealths dancing around the space wolves without being touched.
Lessee, stealths infiltrate 18" away from rhinos, at least 1 rhinno moves 12" up, squad disembarks 2", that's 4" away form the stealths. They will definetly be close enough to see them form night fight rules.
Forged, you shoudl bolden your vote.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Lessee, stealths infiltrate 18" away from rhinos, at least 1 rhinno moves 12" up, squad disembarks 2", that's 4" away form the stealths. They will definetly be close enough to see them form night fight rules.
That's pretty stupid. Noone would infiltrate their stealths so they could be shot at.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tau
The rhinos will be destroyed, the stealth suits will blast apart the infantry (Count 'em: 54 shots) and then the fire warriors and kroot can just clean up the rest.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.