Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

Mission Level - Omega

Special Rules -
Escalation, Concealment, Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Thousand Sons
Chaos Space Marines

HQ - 197 Daemon prince - 197
+Mark of Tzeentch
+Daemonic Stature
+Daemonic Speed
+Daemonic Aura
+Daemonic Mutation
+Daemonic Strength
+Daemonic Resilience
+Eye of Tzeentch
+Spiky bits
+Master crafted Close combat weapon
+Close combat weapon

Troops - 1124
8x Thousand Sons Chaos Space Marines - 281
+Aspiring Champion
++Power fist
++Bolt of Change
++4 Thralls

+Aspiring Champion
++Power fist
++Bolt of Change
++4 Thralls

+Aspiring Champion
++Power fist
++Bolt of Change
++4 Thralls

+Aspiring Champion
++Power fist
++Bolt of Change
++4 Thralls

Heavy Support - 530
Land Raider - 255
+Extra armour
Predator - 180
+Twin-linked lascannon
+lascannons sponsons
+Mutated hull
+Extra armour

Dreadnought - 95
+Extra armour
+Additional DCCW

-------

Kabal of the Crying Soul
Dark Eldar

HQ - 167
Archon (Khiraq Ah’hira, the Flayer)
+jetbike
+power weapon
+combat drugs
+T-helmet
+shadow field
+Plasma grenades

Troops - 627pts
10x dark eldar warriors - 100pts
+2 Dark Lances

10x dark eldar warriors - 100pts
+2 Dark Lances

6x Dark Eldar Warriors - 143pts
+Splinter Cannon
+Syabrite
++Agoniser & Splinter Pistol
+Raider
++dark lance
++horrofex

7x Dark Eldar Warriors - 151pts
+Splinter Cannon
+Syabrite
+Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

6x Dark Eldar Warriors - 141pts
+Splinter Cannon
+Syabrite
+Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

Fast - 362pts
4x Reaver Jetbikes - 181pts
+Succubus on Jetbike
++Agoniser
++Tormentor Helm
+2 blasters

4x Reaver Jetbikes - 181pts
+Succubus on Jetbike
++Agoniser
++Tormentor Helm
+2 blasters

Elites - 338pts
7x Wyches - 200
+Succubbus
++Agoniser
+wych weapons
+Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

Warp beast pack – 63
+4x beasts
+Beastmaster

5x mandrakes - 75

Heavy Support - 345pts
Ravager - 120
+3x Disintegrators

Ravager - 120
+3x Disintegrators

Ravager - 105
+3 Dark Lances

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The DE will have a speed advantage in escalation. Also, they will be able to take out the heavy support of the chaos easily, and without that, can practically sit back and instakill with dark lances and hurt them with disintigrators.

I vote DE

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
DE

They have 15 Dark Lances and 6 Dissies. Thats the IK's blown away. Add in 6 or so agonizers and the Day is won. The IKS's can only respond with some vulnerable vehicles and a handful of doombolts killing DE on the same rolls as DE kill the much more expensive IKS's.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
The sheer amount of firepower would just kick the Thousand Sons in, and that daemon prince will die pretty quickly, too.

Dark Eldar

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
Wings of Doom said:
DE

They have 15 Dark Lances and 6 Dissies. Thats the IK's blown away. Add in 6 or so agonizers and the Day is won. The IKS's can only respond with some vulnerable vehicles and a handful of doombolts killing DE on the same rolls as DE kill the much more expensive IKS's.
I see only 11 dark lances...unless i'm missing something. Oh, and they're bolts of change, not doombolts - bolt of change is anti-tank, doombolt anti-infantry.

Also, i don't wanna sound pissy here because my list is getting owned - but aren't some of you forgetting escalation? The thousand sons start off with all four squads on the table, a total of 68 wounds, eight bolts of change. Everything else is in reserve. The DE start off with warrior squads with dark lances and the mandrakes.Thats 25 wounds, four dark lances, if i'm not mistaken.

Somehow, i don't see the thousand sons being blown away by the sheer amount of firepower - in fact, i see the dark eldar losing a significant amount of their forces on the first or second turn, with the thousand sons taking minimal damage and spreading to dominate their side of the board, and simply picking things off as they come in - the fact that escalation allows the thousand sons to pick off the DE piecemeal is a great bonus. If the dark eldar get the advantage, the thousand sons will retaliate when the daemon prince, land raider and predator take down those raiders and ravagers due to the thinness of their armour. Eight bolts of change mean that they aren't going to be getting too many shots off either.

This is speaking from an objective point of view, not a "this is my army, i want it to win". And seeing as i've just been told i can vote, i'm going to -

Thousand sons

LoC

P.S. The landraider is transporting a thousand sons squad. I'm not gonna leave it empty, that's just dumb.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I just wonder what the Land Raider is supposed to do in that army list. I mean its not transporting anyone I would assume....so its a fire base?

As much as I would like to vote against the majority here, and I really love thousand sons, I'm going to have to go with DE due to their greater speed, number of units and the vulnerability of the tanks on the CSM side. I think the battle would be very bloody though since the ranged potential of the thousand sons squads for cracking DE transports and shooting up the squads inside is quite high.

EDITED 5DE, 1 TS

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While I'm trying to be impartial as far as these threads go, I feel it necessary to point out that this game uses the Escalation rules. The Dark Eldar only start with two warrior squads and the Mandrakes on the board, where the Thousand Sons start with all four troops choices.

It sort of looks to me like people are glossing over this fact, and assuming that the Dark Eldar will be able to bring all of its guns to bear beginning round one. Not quite the case here. All of those Raider mounted squads and the Ravagers are going to be arriving piecemeal, assuming average Reserves rolls. Just something for ya'll to think about.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Grey, look at the post right above you. It's
DE:5
TS:1

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
TheWamp said:
Grey, look at the post right above you. It's
DE:5
TS:1

Yeah, but he hadn't posted his vote by that point I think, he just edited it in, so I've editted mine. As to my vote, I'm sticking with it, even though as I say, I think the battle will be much bloodier than most everyone else assumes. All those bolters firing at 24" even when the units move will chew up DE squads, but the final victory I've got give to the DE for the reasons I've stated.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Grey said:
Yeah, but he hadn't posted his vote by that point I think, he just edited it in, so I've editted mine. As to my vote, I'm sticking with it, even though as I say, I think the battle will be much bloodier than most everyone else assumes. All those bolters firing at 24" even when the units move will chew up DE squads, but the final victory I've got give to the DE for the reasons I've stated.
I'm terribly sorry then. He didn't have it bolded when I looked, so I just assumed that you'd missed it.

I also stick with my oppinion, though I could be convinced otherwise, I think.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You can use escalation on your vehicles as an advantage, you can bring them on wherever you like along your table edge. Just where you need them.

Plus with the firepower of those DE Vehicle ariving or a simply unstoppable charge from over the edge with Wyches etc. It isnt that bad a disadvantage.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have to say Dark Eldar, because, even with a limited number of models on the board, they will run circles around the slow 1k Sons

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
I vote Thousand Sons.

All those bolts of change added the the gimping affects of escalation on DE will hinder the DE's ability to bring all their weapons to bear.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I change my vote to Thousand Sons

Thinking about it, I suspect the mission isn't going to hurt the 1k Sons as much as I originally suspected. Originally I was concerned about the lack of an objective for the 1k Sons to hold (which they would be perfect for obviously), but I think Escalation will hurt the DE, even if they do get to choose where their vehicles appear.

·
Registered
830 Posts
The fact that the DE are only starting with 3 squads I can see those squads getting pwned by the 1k sons who greatly outwound them. AS black Katalyst said all those bolts of change are really going to hurt the dark eldar.

thousand sons

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
As as question to everyone who says once they get within "24 of the sons they be in trouble".
Just a heads up, if i am within 24´ of the 1k sons that probably means i am in close combat as well and i honestly cant see how i could loose against them there.

To out-wound me in the first turns they need to see me first :yes:

also remember the thousand sons player cant shoot the mandrakes(hehehe).

the land raider is a gift to any dark eldar player, its 14av value is now 12 and i have 11 dark lances + 4 blasters... which also means instant-killed marines, it wont last long.

the ravagers will take out one unit at a time with ease.

and i can afford to loose raider/ravager or two.

remember i am dark eldar, i am used to taking casualities.

so the vote is Dark Eldar

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Sorry Dancey, but the cynic in me says your judgement is clouded ;).

If someone would have taken the bet, £10 before Votewar I would have betted that you vote for all the Dark Eldar lists.

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
Addoran said:
Sorry Dancey, but the cynic in me says your judgement is clouded ;).

If someone would have taken the bet, £10 before Votewar I would have betted that you vote for all the Dark Eldar lists.
i dont think so, i can see a bad Dark Eldar list if they are showed to me :rolleyes:

its just that i have never lost to a single SM/CSM player in more than a year, hence my confidence.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Currently it's
DE: 6
TS:4

And yes, I counted the vote change

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.