Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Cleanse

Mission Level - Gamma

Special Rules - Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Strike Force Partheion
Dark Angels Space Marines

HQ - 342
Epistolary Partheion
+Force weapon
+Terminator Armour
+Psychic hood
+stubborn
+Storm Bolter
+Frag grenades
+Might of Heros
+Fear of the Darkness

4 Deathwing Terminator Command Squad
+2x Assault Cannons + Powerfist
+1x Storm Bolter + Powerfist
+Sergeant
++Powersword
++Storm bolter

TROOPS - 405

7x tactical squad marines
+5x bolters
+plasma cannon
+plasma gun

+5x bolters
+plasma cannon
+plasma gun

+5x bolters
+plasma cannon
+plasma gun

FAST ATTACK - 612

5x Ravenwing bikers
+2x Meltaguns
+Veteran sergeant
++Powerfist
++Bolt pistol
+Attack bike
++heavy bolter

5x Ravenwing bikers
+2x Meltaguns
+Veteran sergeant
++Powerfist
++Bolt pistol
+Attack bike
++heavy bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT - 400

8 Devastator Marines
+4x Bolters
+4x Missile launchers

8 Devastator Marines
+4x Bolters
+4x Missile launchers

Whirlwind
+Castellan missiles

REMINDERS:
I want people to remember Ravenwing bikes have 6+ jink saves and skilled rider and that you can charge into combat after firing bolters as they are bike mounted. Also that LSTs have 6+ jink save as well. Might of heros can be used any PLAYER Turn. Remember that dark angels are intractable and never fall back from shooting

TACTICS:
The Librarians squad lands in its drop pod near cover. Usually they fire and use fear of the darkness on a nearby squad. The Ravenwing bikes like to stay on the same side and attack the weaker flank. They fire all their weapons and finish they enemy off with an assault. They fire at tanks if they need too. The 3 tactical squads stay in a triangle formation. 2 on one side of the board and 1 on the other (the one on the same side as the bikes). The mostly wait for the enemy to come to them but they move forward sometimes so they can fire on objectives and enemy units later that won't be charging towards them. The 2 squads of devastators set up at the very back of the board each in one corner of the deployment zone and always in cover, unless either one of these things would prevent them from a long line of sight . They fire at tanks and armour of the enemy and also at dangerous assault units and units that try to get close. The whirlwind likes is to scare all those horde players as the indirect Ap4 pie will be killing and possibly pinning their troops, it wouldn't hesitate to fire at a weaker tank if it had too

------

Necrons

HQ - 385
Necron Lord
+Veil of Darkness
+Resurrection orb

Necron Lord
+Destroyer body
+Phase shifter
+Lightning field

Troops - 720pts
20x Warriors

20x Warriors

fast attack - 510pts
10 scarabs
+disruption fields

4x Destroyers

3x Destroyers

heavy support - 235pts
Monolith

Phase Out = 12.25

Tactics –
I have 2 basic tactics, those against armies that want to shoot me, and those against armies that want to assault me. In both cases the VoD lord goes with the warriors and the D-lord goes with the scarabs.

Vs.shooting armies, deep strike monolith, charge with scarabs and lord, VOD one warrior squad close to opponent, and rapid fire. When the monolith comes in teleport other warrior squad close and rapid fire. Constantly fire destroyers.

Vs. CC armies. Keep monolith on board, keep scarabs and D-lord as countercharge. Fire with destroyers at charging opponent. When they reach CC teleport both warrior squads out and rapid fire, counter charge with lord + scarabs. Repeat the teleporting and rapid firing until the enemy is dead.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote Necrons

Those warrior squads are rock hard, and not much can take them down. They get rerollable WBB even vs the missile launchers, so only 1 in 4 actually die.

Nothing in the marine army can effectively take out the monolith

With the VoD and the lith, the marines can't keep anything in cc with their bikes, which will get shot to pieces and the d lord can handle the terminators, who don't instakill him, get no save (of any kind), and have to deal with his invulnerable save.

Overwhelming firepower and survivability will eventually crack enough 3+ saves, and those scarabs can be very irritating.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Necrons

They're sheer resilience will stop the marines neutralising squads at a time. This will wear the marines down until their army falls apart.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Instant death and power weapons ignore WBB. Morale doesn't directly affect WBB (it can but it would take forever to explain- and possibly be against the rules).

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Dark Angels

I know if I was in command of the DA list I'd play it clever, avoid nibbling on one warrior unit at a time and concentrate on wiping them out. Those Powerfist Sergeants and Meltaguns charging on the bike, and the terminator squad should give them a real headache. And as for the Lord with the Res Orb - Force Weapon splat. A clever commander would make the Dark Angels win.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The DA have a more flexible and agressive list. Thier firepower of 3 Plasma Cannon. 3 Plasma guns, 8 ML, 2 Assault canon, 4 Melta guns and then a charge from the Bikers has a decent chance of downing a squad of 20 Necrons.

If they do use the Monolith they are going to be packed together right in front of it ready to be Plasma Cannoned.

If the Destroyers try to engage the SM it is likely that the ML Dev's will down them quite easily without the Destroyers doing great damage.

The Necron Lord with Res Orb is central to the Nec's plan. Sticking a force weapon in his head could ruin that plan quite well.

Vote Dark Angels

·
Registered
85 Posts
Necrons

While the troop organisation goes against what I'd normally do, and butting a DLord with scarabs seems a little frivolous, Necrons have the manuverability to stay out of the Dark Angels shooty death, and can harass the units 'til they fall.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar said:
Hmm in unfamiliar with how this works would you mind explaining? or anyone?

Also, how does moral effect WBB?

Im unfamilair with the special rules of necros..
Rerollable WBB works in that they get WBB normally due to the res orb, and them if they're taken through the monolith, they get WBB again.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I vote dark angels

They have more than enough weapons to kill the necrons. I know that I would concentrate on one squad of warriors. The necrons would phase out and the dark angels would win. Regardless of the lith and the walking lord I think the DA could still take out the necrons. The Librarian Could kill the lord with his force weapon and the necrons would be done for. Look at what they are up against.

8 krak missiles
3 plasma cannons
3 plasma guns
4 meltaguns
2 powerfist (bikes)
8 krak missiles 5 hits 5 wounds
3 plasma cannons say about 9 shots 4/5 hits 4/5 wounds
3 plasma guns 2 hits 2 wounds
4 meltaguns 2/3 hits 2/3 wounds
2 powerfists 5 hits 5 wounds

so about 20 wounds.

First WWB: none
Reserection orv: 10 die
Monolith: 5 die

So even with 2 wwb the DA still wound kill 5. Thats not including attacks like bolters attacks from the bikes. The next turn they could kill more because the librarian will likely arrive and shoot at warriors with 2 assault cannons plus the stuff that was already shooting. if they go through the monolith the plasma cannons will get a lot more hits and it will be easy for them to kill more necrons. Also I think that 8 missile launchers and 2 assault cannons could hurt the monolith if nessessary. As for the scarabs they aren't much of a threat. Also when the librarian assaults the necron lord the necrons will be in big trouble loosing one of the WWB will hurt their chances. The whirlwind should be able to kill a whole bunch and then kill even more since blasts do 2 wounds to each scarab swarm. After it eliminates the scarabs it can attack warriors coming from the monolith. I think that the dark angels are more likely to take the objective as the necrons aren't mobile without the lord and the the dark angels have 2 units which can zoom to different table quarters and one which can appear wherever it wants.

Also I think the DA list is fluffyier because it has deathwing, ravenwing and Plasma in its army.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Librarian Augustine said:
So even with 2 wwb the DA still wound kill 5 out of 12 needed for phase out.
Just thought I'd point out that Phase Out doesn't happen after they lose 12 Necron models - it happens when they only have 12.25 necron models left. The Necron player has 47 Necron models (Warriors + Destroyers) so 47 - 12.25 = 34.75, round up to 35 kills will need to be scored before Phase Out will happen.

Please note that Scarabs, the Lords, and the Monolith does not count towards this number.

·
389 Posts
Dark Angels

When the Necron player teleports any of his units they will be standing very close to each other... and that is just perfect for plasma cannons.

Arizzar

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Necrons: 3
Space Marines: 4

Keep in mind that those tacticals will likely be in combat quickly with the scarabs and the lord. Also, when the 20 warriors go through the lith they'll get to rapid fire into the tacs

40 shots
26 hits
13 wounds
4 kills. 3 more kills from anywhere (destroyers could do this), and that's another squad down. The missile launchers will have a hard time doing much against the destroyers since they can be kept close to the res orb.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Um...is that DA command squad legal? I thought you needed Terminator armour to have a Terminator command squad. I'm assuming that the frag grenades on the Librarian indicate that he definately doesn't have terminator armour.

Any chance we could get some clarification before I throw around my vote?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I'm going to say

Dark Angels

Because of reasons mentioned by Librarian Augustine. Plasma wipes out Scarabs and Destroyers withough a problem, after that there's not much the Necron player can do to affect the bikes and Devs. I know Plasma doesn't negate WBB, but having a Necron player to go against for 40% of my games, I know that plasma is much worse than it seems on paper.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
I vote Necrons

The necrons will be able to just teleport out of CC and rapid fire the space marines. The Scarabs and Necron Destroyer Lord will be able to assault and destroy the tactical/devistator squads. The destroyers can go around picking off the enemy units. Over all I think Necrons would win.

Ok so MLs, melta guns, and powerfists deny the use of WBB rule right? i vote dark angles, as hes got quiet a few 8S weapons, and a bunch of 2 AP weapons on the top of that.
Yes but his Necron Lord has a Ressorection Orb which lets him take WWB for hisi units even if its double strength or ignore's armour saves.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Grey said:
Um...is that DA command squad legal? I thought you needed Terminator armour to have a Terminator command squad. I'm assuming that the frag grenades on the Librarian indicate that he definately doesn't have terminator armour.

Any chance we could get some clarification before I throw around my vote?
Must be a typo the points add up correctly with Terminator Armour Included.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I vote Dark Angels.

The sheer volume of firepower will drown the necrons. Between that, and Epistolary Partheion/termies, the nacrons will phase out in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I vote DAs, although I'm not sure that they will in fact be able to enforce a phase out. I still believe that in VPs they'll come out ahead. Strangely the thing that puts the DAs over the top for me, and I could have gone either way was the terminators since Necrons always have difficulty with 2+ saves.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.