Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Take and Hold

Mission Level - Gamma

Special Rules - Infiltration, Deep Strike, Victory Points

Strike Force Decapatatus
Space Marines

Traits:
Advantages:

Blessed be the Warriors
Cleanse and Purify

Drawbacks
We Stand Alone
Aspire to Glory

HQ - 137
Chaplain Nikushimi, master of sanctity.
+ Bolt pistol
+ Crozius Arcanum
+ Rosarius
+ Jump Pack
+ Frag Grenades

Elites - 280
9 Assault Marines
+7x bolt pistols + Close Combat Weapons
+2x Plasma pistols + Close Combat Weapons
+9x Furious Charge
+Veteran Sgt
++Powerfist
++Bolt Pistol
++Furious Charge
++Combat Shield

Troops - 1025
7 Tactical Marines
+5x Bolters
+2x melta guns
+Veteran Sgt
++Powerfist
++Bolt pistol
+Drop Pod

7 Tactical Marines
+5x Bolters
+2x melta guns
+Veteran Sgt
++Powerfist
++Bolt pistol
+Drop Pod

7 Tactical Marines
+5x Bolters
+2x melta guns
+Veteran Sgt
++Powerfist
++Bolt pistol
+Drop Pod

7 Tactical Marines
+5x Bolters
+2x melta guns
+Veteran Sgt
++Powerfist
++Bolt pistol
+Drop Pod

7 Tactical Marines
+5x Bolters
+2x melta guns
+Veteran Sgt
++Powerfist
++Bolt pistol
+Drop Pod

Fast Attack - 400
2X Land Speeder Tornado
+2x Assault cannon
+2x Heavy bolter

2X Land Speeder Tornado
+2x Assault cannon
+2x Heavy bolter

Land Speeder Tornado
+Assault cannon
+Heavy bolter

Tactics:
The plan is to bomb the ranks of the opponent with space marines. With the current weapon load outs, I should have no problems taking down tanks. I know enough about drop pods that I will get at least half in on the second turn, and probably the other have in the third.

Against Armies that out shoot me, I will pod in close to their best shooting things, pretty straight forward, Not many armies can sustain that much firepower on their troops/vehicles, I will keep my none podding units hidden, but advancing, until the reserves are availed.

Against hordy assault armies, I will first thin them out with the land speeders, if thinning as gone well, I will proceed to drop pod into the enemy, and blast away with bolters, or take down some high toughness models, if things have gone really well.

Against Chaos: I will run my assault squad and speeders up the table and out of LOS until troops land. The speeders will be about 24” from my assault squad on one of the flanks. The troops will land on one side of the battlefield, (the one with my flanking assault squad) I will then launch a coordinated assault on one half of the battlefield, while my skimmers provide cover fire. Basically, ill be fighting only half the chaos army the first half of the game, and then half the second, this should give me the edge I need to take down there superior marines.

--------

Warboss Mozzerz Flyboyz
Orks

HQ - 328

Warboss
+Slugga
+Choppa
+‘Eavy Armour
+Attack Squig
+5 Nobs
++5x Slugga
++5x Choppa
++5x ‘Eavy Armour
+Mekboy
++Kustom Forcefield
++Choppa
++‘Eavy Armour
+Trukk
++Red Paint Job
++Big Shoota

Elites - 1027

Boss Zagstrukk - 355
+20 Vulchas

20x Stormboyz - 336
+Nob
++Powerclaw
++Slugga

20x Stormboyz - 336
+Nob
++Powerclaw
++Slugga

Troops- 300

10 Tankbustas - 150
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Rokkit Launcha

10 Tankbustas - 150
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support- 195

Looted Leman Russ Demolisher
+Plasma Cannon
+Lascannon
+Extra Armour

Fluff:
Dis is da legendery Flyboyz krew.

Zagstruk wanted more boyz, now ‘is Vulcha’s are followed by more krazy flyboyz. Pluz Da local warboss and his drinking buddies. Zagstruk aint stupid though, he hired some Tankbusta’s and their looted tank to draw some fire off him and his ‘ard combat ladz. No sense getting blowed apart before youse gets there.

Special rules:
Mob size-all orky units of over 12 men are fearless.
The squad with Zagstruk can move and charge 12” and gets +1 Strength on the charge.
Tankbusta’s do what the name implies (equiz to S9). The Trukk is super fast.
Kustom Force Field of the Big Mek gives all units within range a cover save even in the open.

Tactics wise the 60 Stormboyz launch an almost unstoppable second turn charge. 60 of them on the charge have 240 choppa attacks. Plus the Nobz each have 19 meat shields and a tank or MC blatting power claw.

The Tankbusta’s roll up field taking pot shots at enemy tanks and harder units. The Demolisher is primarily a tank hunter and serves to draw fire off the rest of the army.

The Warboss and Nobz are a response unit, their Trukk lets them get anywhere fast, a second turn charge is easy. Sometimes even a first turn one. The Big Meks Kustom force field keeps the unit safer and gives the nearby Stormboyz a 5+ cover save.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Honestly, this one was hard. They're both weak lists. The Marine list lacks good fire support, as those landspeeders will be ripped apart without support. However, the orks have so few numbers and no reason to be fast. Rapid firing bolters could seriously weaken them.

For that reason, I vote Space Marines

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
I vote Orks

Zagstrukk and his Lads can move 12", then charge 12" as well. and with 80 Strength 4 attacks, that is gonna put some serious hurt on the marines. With a follow up of 160 more S3 attacks, just to be rammed home by Power Claws and a Warboss and retinue in a trukk.

Meanwhile the Demolisher could blow huge chunks out of the marines, while the tankbustas could quite easily bring down the land speeders.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
Alright well, the landspeeders arent really treated by this ork list, since they could pretty easly sit out of range, untill the marines came, or just go for it, and start mowing the orks down. Then, they could move up on turn 2, (assumeing the average number of pods arrived, so at least 2) Combine that with 20 assault cannon shots, and 15 heavy bolter shots, and most of the ork army is nice and toasty. The assault squad could also be in a position to launch a charge if the orks and them had both moved up in turn 1. With the chaplain and furious charge bunusess to the assault squad, and orks have what saves? 6+ or 4+(for the storm boys)? they could really splat a lot of orks, i guess it would depend on turn who got to charge first. My vote goes for the Space marines.

At full firing effect, the skimmers remove 18 orks a turn on average. The marine could just drop one squad to take the tanks down, pretty much everything else the skimmers can out manourver.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Marines

Their toughness combined with that many bolters and meltaguns means the orks will have difficulty getting in assault rangr, thus leaving them stranded.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Orks

Zagstruks boys will mostlikely get a charge on the Assault Marines. Thats gonna hurt.

Drop Podding SM are likely to arrive piecemael and prove relatively easy prey.

8 Tank Hunter Rokkits ought to be able to keep the LST's pretty well supressed. Plus the Demolisher is only threatened by 'podding SM something which it can avoid/cover itself from.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Orks....just.

I don't particularly like the Ork List, but the SM list isn't great either. Closing to go for close combat against those Orks (all the Drop Pods) is going to hurt.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
You mean hurt the orc? :)

13 bolter shots + 2 melta. Thats a bounch of dead orks. Per squad that comes in. The demolisher is a primary target, nothing can hind from drop pods. Most likely it will be easly whiped out.

The missiles can be cleaned up first or second turn 18 dead orks a turn, they wont get a shot off. Flamers wont ever hit landspeeders, unless the player is a complete moron, or the ork is a god of warhammer.

The only trouble is the charge from the Zagstrukk dude. but id like to know the stat line on those dudes hes with. The big thing: are they Inative 4? If so the marines are in trouble. At I3, the space marines can take down 6 or 7 before they can strike, bringing that 80 number down quiet heavily. Also i assume they have chuppas but perhaps not?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Zagstruks Boyz would be S4 I4 on the charge. Thats pretty damn good with 4 attacks each.

12 Bolter shots=8 hit 4 wound, 3 kills after KFF. Melta's=another 1 kill. 4/20. Thats 16 angry Orks in charge range.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Wings of Doom said:
Zagstruks Boyz would be S4 I4 on the charge. Thats pretty damn good with 4 attacks each.

12 Bolter shots=8 hit 4 wound, 3 kills after KFF. Melta's=another 1 kill. 4/20. Thats 16 angry Orks in charge range.
Why would they get a charge? by the time the marines arrive in their pods, those land speeders could have cleared out Zagstruks Boyz and the leman russ. Those marines will get chances to fire the turn they land, which can be used to severly thin the stormboyz hordes. Either way, if any of those ork units comes undershooting, they'll go down quickly.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think the orks will win since the marines won't be coming all at onceand their are enough orks to take out the marines 2 squads at a time(this is probably how many will land each turn). The number of choppa attacks is enough to take out these marines. The 8 rockit launchas should keep the LSTs in check.

Orks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Orks

The Stormboyz can hop from cover to combat. LST's, though mobile may not get LOS's to them. The Demolisher is pretty LST proof.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Hmm.. relatively close:
Marines: 3
Orks: 5

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Well, this is how I see the battle will go. The Orks will kill the asault marines through sheer numbers, but lose a few orks along the way, while the speeders will whittle the squads down in size. The orks might kill a speeder or two, and then the drop pods start coming in. Depending on the timing of the drops, it could swing this way or that, and certainly if the demolisher hasn't had a lucky speeder rending shot take it out, it will have a field day on the tightly packed bunches coming in.

Ug. This would be a very messy battle, but I think I'd have to give the victory to the DA simply because the mob up checks for the orks would be less useful due to the split between jump packing orks and foot sloggers and the lack of real numbers in the ork force. That and I think Stormboyz are overpriced.

Marines 4
Orks 5

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
TheWamp said:
The Marine list lacks good fire support, as those landspeeders will be ripped apart without support.
Are you kidding? 42 shots per turn that will seriously damage the Orks.

I'm going to say Space Marines, because they have so much that can really kill a lot of Orks. With so many bolters and even bolt pistols, and also having enough men to charge and make an impact with comparably low casualties, the Space Marines will do very well.

Space Marines

So
Orks 5
SM 5

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
12 Bolter shots=8 hit 4 wound, 3 kills after KFF.
KFF? stands for?

The fast HQ unit is probably going to move up its full move to charge the assault squad quickly, before to many drop pods come down and complicate things.

If that happens, assuming they are toughness 4, 18 die. And the skimmers are still out of range of the rokkits. Next turn, the 2 rokkit squads are targeted, another 18 die, leaving a nob left in those squads, or a single rokkit. Why would the pods land to take out infantry? all they need to do is kill the demolisher, and start running from the orks, thats extreamily easy with 2 melta guns per squad. Only one squad really would even need to pod down there. The rest simply go close, so as to make sure they can run to the objective in 3 or 4 turns.

Drop pods dont have to be sent close to the enemy, untill its advenatous for them to be. Thats one of the strenths of having a wave force.

The landspeeders simply have to much suppression fire for the ork list.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar said:
The landspeeders simply have to much suppression fire for the ork list.
Yes, indeed.

LSTs are the most groosly underestimated unit in the SM list, and with 6 of them, the ork player will go down fast.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Ezekiel1990 said:
Are you kidding? 42 shots per turn that will seriously damage the Orks.

I'm going to say Space Marines, because they have so much that can really kill a lot of Orks. With so many bolters and even bolt pistols, and also having enough men to charge and make an impact with comparably low casualties, the Space Marines will do very well.

Space Marines

So
Orks 5
SM 5
Not at all. Against most armies, that would be a pitiful amount of fire support, and would get the list killed. However, this ork list has few enough numbers that they can beat the orks with what they've got. Generally, both lists need major revision.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
it seems to me that 10 podding melta guns is more fire support then most armies have.

Also note, there are 5 landspeeders.
since im on this topic, the orcs tactical section is a bit exaderated, there are only 40 strormboyz.

Tactics wise the 60 Stormboyz launch an almost unstoppable second turn charge. 60 of them on the charge have 240 choppa attacks. Plus the Nobz each have 19 meat shields and a tank or MC blatting power claw.
that 160 orc attacks, before the landspeeders chew them up.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.