Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Cleanse

Mission Level - Alpha

Special Rules - Victory Points

"Splinter Fleet Typhon"
Tyranids

HQ - 211
Hive Tyrant- 211
+Winged
+Warp Field
+Toxin Sacs
+Scything Talons
+T-L Devourer
+Adrenal Glands (I)
+Toxic Miasma

Elites - 435
5x Warriors - 145
+5x Enhanced Senses
+5x Fleshborer
+5x Extended Carapace
+5x Rending Claws

5x Warriors - 145
+5x Enhanced Senses
+5x Fleshborer
+5x Extended Carapace
+5x Rending Claws

5x Warriors - 145
+5x Enhanced Senses
+5x Fleshborer
+5x Extended Carapace
+5x Rending Claws

Troops - 800
32x Gaunts - 160
+Spinefists

32x Gaunts - 160
+Spinefists

32x Gaunts - 160
+Spinefists

32x Gaunts - 160
+Spinefists

32x Gaunts - 160
+Spinefists

Heavy Support - 406
Carnifex - 203
+Extended Carapace
+T-L Venom Cannon
+Enhanced Senses
+Reinforced Chitin

Carnifex - 203
+Extended Carapace
+T-L Venom Cannon
+Enhanced Senses
+Reinforced Chitin

-------------

Blood Knights
Iron Warriors Chaos Space Marines

Head Quarters - 166 points
Chaos Lord Illadin - 166
+Bolt pistol
+Sorceror
+Dark Blade
+Wind of Chaos
+Daemonic Aura
+Daemonic Strength
+Furious Charge

Elites = 210 points
Obliterator - 70

Obliterator - 70

Obliterator - 70

Troops = 625 points
13x Chaos Space Marines (Pack Griston) - 210
+11x Bolter & CCW
+13x Mark of Chaos Undivided
+Heavy Bolter
+Plasma Gun

9x chaos marines (Pack Ragna) - 210
+9x Bolt pistol & CCW
+9x Mark of undivided
+9x Furious charge
+Aspiring champion
++Power fist
++Plasma pistol
++Mark of undivided
++Furious charge

12x Chaos marines (Pack Sauron) - 205
+10x Bolter & CCW
+12x Mark of Chaos Undivided
+Lascannon
+Plasma Gun

Fast Attack = 408 points
9x Chaos Bikers (Gang Dreadlock)
+9x Mark of Chaos Undivided
+2x Plasma Guns
+Aspiring Champion
++Power fist
++Daemonic Mutation

Heavy Support = 445 points
10x Chaos Marines (Pack Terra) - 230
+6x Bolter & CCW
+4x Missile launchers
+10x Mark of Chaos Undivided

Chaos Dreadnought (F'lar the Damned) - 90
+Additional Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon

Vindicator (Varon The Revered) - 125

Tactics:
The general tactic is to advance slowly with the shooty squads and quickly with the lord and C.C. squad (ragna)
I use a withering amount of fire to strengthen the attack!
I also smash the bikers into any powerful enemy units for the powerfists terminator crushing abilities (5 attacks on the charge)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote Tyranids

They have enough gaunts to quickly reach and sustain cc, and have enough big things to win cc eventually. Also, the carnifexes can take out the vindicator and dread on their way to cc. The Obliterators won't be able to shoot past turn one, due to the gaunts. Generally, they'll be swamped.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Tyranids

That's 160 Gaunts to chew through, which would give anyone a headache. Even just being Spinegaunts, they can shoot and if you let them charge intact that's 64 attacks. That's going to hurt with or without power armour.

There's lot of Synapse too to back that up, each of those 5 man warrior squads has 10 wounds so is as resiliant as a 10 strong Genestealer Squad and they can shoot too. IW are about to be over-run.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The CSM have some good swarm killing units, all thier CSM with 2 ccw's, the Bikers. However they arent going to be able to kill 160 gaunts in the 2/3 turns shooting they get before combat.

3 Lascannon/TL Plasma guns onthe Obliterators arent enough to down 2 Carnifices.

The Dreadnought and Vindicator are wasting points in this IW list.

Even without the Warriors/HT the Nidz would win.

Tyranids

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Whoo! A non Godzilla nid list!

I vote Tyranids.

Those guants are going to be able to tie up the IWs in combat negating their shooting advantage. Basically, the only way I can see the IWs win is if they focus everything on shooting at the Warriors and Tyrant first off, and hope to use their superior statline and not insignificant numbers to hold off the guants until they lose a combat and have to make some instinctive behavior checks. But due to the numbers of warriors and the relatively few heavy weapons(for a IW list that is), I don't think that this is going to happen.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
I vote Iron Warriors.

The Tyranid list is just silly.

Everyone is looking at the masses of gaunts. Oooooh wow, lots of gaunts.

-With that many guants, the fex's shooting is near to nothing cause everything will be tied up in combat.

-The gaunts won't break anything in combat and will be MASSACRED with the vindicator.

-FLESHBORERS ON WARRIORS??? total waste of points!

The Iron Warriors can pull it off.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Black Katalyst said:
I vote Iron Warriors.

The Tyranid list is just silly.

Everyone is looking at the masses of gaunts. Oooooh wow, lots of gaunts.

-With that many guants, the fex's shooting is near to nothing cause everything will be tied up in combat.

-The gaunts won't break anything in combat and will be MASSACRED with the vindicator.

-FLESHBORERS ON WARRIORS??? total waste of points!

The Iron Warriors can pull it off.

Um....that's kind of our point. Everything will be tied up in HtH, so no major shooting so rending on the warriors is what we're looking at, not their guns which I assume we're chosen due to their cheapness. Not really much a waste of points as you say.

As for the vindicator, if it fires at the gaunts, the tyranid player would be laughing all the way to the bank. Every shot at the guants would be wasting its potential, and I'd expect it to be getting pinged every round with the Venom Cannons. The Venom Cannons won't do much to it, but will probably keep it at least shaken for half of the game turns. So thats an average of maybe three shots with it. Not too devestating considering its short range.
Remember, the rules for the votewars assume equal skill on each player's side.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
Grey said:
Um....that's kind of our point. Everything will be tied up in HtH, so no major shooting so rending on the warriors is what we're looking at, no their guns. As for the vindicator, if it fires at the gaunts, the tyranid player would be laughing all the way to the bank. Every shot at the guants would be wasting its potential, and I'd expect it to be getting pinged every round with the Venom Cannons. The Venom Cannons won't do much to it, but will probably keep it at least shaken for half of the game turns. So thats an average of maybe three shots with it. Not too devestating considering its short range.
Remember, the rules for the votewars assume equal skill on each player's side.
But nothing fleets, so they only move 6" a turn. IW will turn all his weaponry on the warriors to kill of the synapse and all those mean lil gaunts will flee.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
All gaunts have fleet. They start with it.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
No worries. But I'd have to say that 15 warriors with 2 wounds each and a 4+ save means 30 4+ wounds that need to be eliminated before the gaunts reach hth, blocking the firing lines since all Tyranid Warriors have synapse, and as you may recall can't be insta killed.

I do agree that the numbers of the IWs in power armor would make the hths very bloody, but I just can't see them winning even if they put up a terrific fight.

I'm leaving the flying tyrant out of the equation because a smart IW player would kill him first. But again, this is more wounds to be chewed through before the guants reach hth.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Certainly that is where I'd be firing the Vindicator at if I was playing.(The warriors) But remember, we're assuming that hth is reached by at the latest turn 3. I realize I'm not going to convince you. :). Just defending my vote.

·
The Love Muffin
1,830 Posts
Grey said:
Certainly that is where I'd be firing the Vindicator at if I was playing.(The warriors) But remember, we're assuming that hth is reached by at the latest turn 3. I realize I'm not going to convince you. :). Just defending my vote.

I completely understand. We both have valid reasons.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I really don't see what you mean about lack of Synapse, that's 30 wounds of T4 EC Synapse supporting those gaunts. That's before you even think about that Flying Hive Tyrant. I'd say that Iron Warrior list lacks the firepower to kill them all before assault comes. What's your beef with the Fleshborers exactly? Not as good as Devourers, but that's still 10 S5 shots, with re-rolls to wound as they charge in.

All those Gaunt's may be only S3, but you surely must have seen 30 gaunts hit a unit of marines at some point? It hurts, whatever kind of armour your wearing. If they don't win (which is easy enough) there'll be another unit of 32 gaunts coming in behind them, and the IW won't be able to break them due to synapse.

Makes me think of the old maxim: Quantity IS Quality

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.