Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

Mission Level - Alpha

Special Rules - Victory Points

Kabal of the Dark Heart
Dark Eldar

HQ - 344 pts
Archon
+Punisher
+Tormentor Helm
+Hell Mask
+Shadow Field
+Combat Drugs
+Animus Vitae
+Gruesome Talisman
+Plasma Grenades

3x Haemonculi (attached to Grotesques)
+3x Destructor
+3x Scissorhand
+1x Webway Portal

ELITES - 579 pts
7x Grotesques
+Transport Raider
++ Dark Lance

8x Wyches
+8x Splinter P. & CCW
+Plasma Grenades
+Wych Weapons
+1 Succubus
++Agoniser
++Splinter Pistol
++Plasma Grenades
++Wych Weapons
+Transport Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

8x Wyches
+8x Splinter P. & CCW
+Wych Weapons
+Succubus
++Agoniser
++Splinter Pistol
++Wych Weapons
+Transport Raider
++Dark Lance
++Horrorfex

TROOPS - 436 pts
15x Warriors
+11x Splinter Rifle
+2x Splinter Cannon
+2x Blaster
+Sybarite
++Agoniser
++Splinter Pistol
++Webway Portal
++Gruesome Talisman

10x Warriors
+8x Splinter Rifle
+2x Dark Lance

10x Warriors
+8x Splinter Rifle
+2x Dark Lance

5x Raider Squad
+3x Splinter Rifle
+Splinter Cannon
+Blaster
+Transport Raider
++Dark Lance

HEAVY SUPPORT - 340 pts
Ravager
+3x Disintegrator
+Night Shield

Ravager
+3x Disintegrator
+Night Shield

Talos

TACTICS:
Special Rules: DE are always the attackers in a RAID mission.

Archon - Priority targets are regular troops. Deploy as far forward as possible, out of los. Move, fleet of foot + 12" charge from drugs should get him into CC. He is not equiped to go head to head with other HQ's

Hamonculi+Grots - deploy out of los and turboboost 24" strait at the enemy. Open WWP (turn 2 at best but probably turn 3). Grots + Wytches that come through the portal assault together. If a unit suffers a casualty in CC with Grots they automatically flee combat. Grots can't chase very well but the Wytches sure can. The Haemonculi will detatch from the Grots if there is a high toughness target in assault range (they can move and fof if not attached to grots).

Wytches - Priority Targets are elites and other CC monsters, even HQ's that need to be tied up in HtH. The Raiders will use the HOrrorfex to pin any unit the wytches can't assault, and then start using the Dark Lance on HQ/Monstrous Creatures/Tanks.

Sybarite Squad - Deploy forward, Move, Fleet of Foot and then deploy WWP on next turn. Then just move and shoot staying within 12" of the enemy to get rapid fire results. This unit can assault if required but can probably lay down more hurt by just shooting.

Sniper Squads (Dark Lances troops) - Priority Targets are enmey armor (tanks). Deploy in good los and don't ever move, they are completely expendable.

Raider Squad - Priority Targets for the squad are Land Speeders and flanking skirmishers. Priority Targets for the Raider are other tanks. This unit hangs at the edge of the flank and cherry picks.

Ravagers - Priority Targets are anything in range my guns but out of range and LOS of his guns. Ideally on one flank ganking his big guns or fast attack. The Night Shield adds +6" to enemy unit's effective range. Can also be used to kill/mop up anything that kills the snipers in CC.

Talos - Priority Targets are anything in range of assault especially if it's Marines (1d6 power fist/claw attacks!). Just avoid Demon Princes and Wraithlords.

All Raiders will target Tanks or high toughness, high armor save creatures/HQ's if possible.

The Raider/Ravager mobility can be used to stay out of CC and claim objectives for those armies that are uber CC (Wytch Cults, some Chaos, BT, etc).

WAR GEAR:
Shadow Field - 2+ inv save until it fails, then it's gone and the archon reverts to his 5+ normal save
Horrorfex - causes pin tests and counts as a defensive weapon
Night Shield - effectively adds 6" to enemy unit's range check against the Ravager (ie sit 19" from Bolters and not have to worry)
Destructor - flame template weapon with a random AP for each model hit (not each unit, each model)
Scissor Hands - auto wound on 2+ regardless of toughness

----------------

Roborks Uber Boyz*
Orks

HQ - 247

Robork Squigmuncha
+Mega Armour
+Kombi Skorcha
+More Dakka
+Shootier
+3 X Attack Squig
+Iron Gob
+Cybork Body
+Mega Boosta

Big Mek Karkaz
+Mega Armour
+Kustom ForceField
+More Dakka
+Shootier

Troops - 1605

Wenkerz Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Jenkz Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Faguz Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Fuzkor Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Krayzor Slugga Boyz
30x Boyz
+26 Slugga + Choppa
+3 Rokkit Launchas
+Nob
++Power Claw
++Slugga

Tactics:
Raaawr! Get Dem Oomies!!
(Charge for the win!)

Any squads over 12 essentially unbreakable. (Ork Mob Rule)
Every Squad has anti-tank capabilities and a Hidden power fist (29 meat shields)
Everything under kustom forcefield receives 5+ cover save. (6� of Big Mek)
150 Boyz – that’s a lot of meat

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote Orks

They can shoot down the few transports and swarm and kill the rest in cc. It really isn't much of a contest in this battle. I foresee a slaughter

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Seeing as the mission is based on wiping out the opponent, I vote Orks

As The Wamp said, the raiders will get shot down by the swarming rokkit launchas (I count 15), which will do some serious damage. The Talos might get into combat, but it has to get through 30 boyz while being constantly clobbered by a powerfist, despite the fact that boys can't hurt it.

The Archon has a shadowfield, but against sheer numbers of attacks it will be most likely killed in the first round of combat. Likewise with the wyches. they will hold their own but will ultimately get bogged down by boys.

The only trouble I forsee the Orks having is those Ravagers. But then again, the sheer number of rokkits firing everywhere could do some serious damage to them.

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Dark Eldar

They will run rings around the horde taking it apart piecemeal, carefully striking hard enough to minimise ork counter attacks.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Orks

If the DE are shooting the Orks, then the Orks are shooting back with dozens of Rokkits.

The Orks will then clobber the DE in combat quite easily with massive numbers and attacks.

With 150 models and a 5+ cover save the DE army would need to cause 225 wounds over the game on T4 models. Not going to happen.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Orkseses

DEZE Orkses is much betta, dey as more numberz of boyz and dey is better dan dem poony white skinz. In da kewlnez of combat dem orks will swarm da DE.

Gunz are for looozerz, but deze orkz 'as loads of bangy rokkits! innit. Deze cool boom makerz will krunchor the grot like paper aeroplanez wot dem point ears goez zooooooooom in. Boom hur hur hur!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I vote orks.

150 orks is a lot and I'm sure that some lists in this battle could kill it, but not this one. 15 rockit launchas will easily take down 3 raiders. The the DE are screwed because they are brutally out numbered by the orks

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I vote for Da Boyz. (Orks)

This list is a virtually unstoppable wave fo green. The DE will feel every transport thats taken down. They just dont have enough firepower to weaken the orks enough for a win in cc. Once the orks have a grip on the DE, its over. :yes:

·
480 Posts
Orks
They will have almost a perfect favourable matchup against the dark eldar list. Far too much that can take out the dark eldar vehicles, and the DE don't seem to have the anti-horde capability to deal with the mass of ork models.

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
Orks

The dark eldar are pretty much stuffed here - they have the finesse, but the orks have the sheer unbridled killing power that will overwhelm it. The amount of rokkits that will roar from this horde in the first turn will knock out the transports and anything with a decent armour save, and even if the ravagers aren't taken down they can pretty much be ignored - even if the ravagers are working at full effectiveness, three orks per ravager isn't going to be even a scratch for this force. The lord will dance in with his shadowfield and be simply overwhelmed by the amount of attacks laid down on him, while the wyches will put up a good fight but eventually be overwhelmed as the rest of the army crumbles around them. As for the talos, as soon as it gets into combat it's screwed - it spends the whole time being baffed by a power fist as it scratches off tiny amounts of orks. The dark eldar simply can't kill enough.

LoC

·
The Dvl in Pale Moonlight
889 Posts
Black Katalyst said:
I be votin' fo dems ORKS!

No matter what DE does, they can not get rid of so many orks.
actually the DE can kill 50 orks a turn with lucky rolls, around 30-40 when being sensible and realistic... and that just shooting.
account 3 flamers as well.
i cant see the orks doing much killing with firepower with their pathetic BS.

in combat the wyches regardless which combat drug will be a pain(even +1 WS as the orcs will now hit on 5+). the succubbus will eat through anything.

then finally the guy who will end it all, the archon. I see nothing in this list that could possibly stop him in hand to hand.

it will be a close battle but i think the favour will tip to the dark eldar in the end.

(No this is not my Dark Eldar list).

Dark Eldar gets my vote.

·
1,350 Posts
(even +1 WS as the orcs will now hit on 5+).
Wow! I didn't realise Wyches were Weapon skill 8 basic! You might wanna check that. both the weapon skill and the "Assault - To Hit" table.

i cant see the orks doing much killing with firepower with their pathetic BS
A common, and often foolish misconception.

I'll give it you to, that all the units will do some damage to the Orks, but when it comes down to it, they will kill 10-15 Orks in combat, then proceed to get swamped by 45 more.

An Archon has a shadowfield, but when it's forced to take 30 armour saves, it isn't gonna last long. Be realistic. ;)

·
889 Posts
Robizzle said:
Wow! I didn't realise Wyches were Weapon skill 8 basic! You might wanna check that. both the weapon skill and the "Assault - To Hit" table.
Wych weapons, man... they halve your WS and +1 WS will make the wyches WS5... you do the math.

Robizzle said:
An Archon has a shadowfield, but when it's forced to take 30 armour saves, it isn't gonna last long. Be realistic. ;)
remember initiative right? you will face 3 agonsier attacks from the succubuss, 5-6 str5-6 power weapon attacks from his archon + the odd attacks for the rest of the wyches.
the result is quite bloody... dont even have to that many of them left.

cheers dancey :)

·
1,350 Posts
Wych weapons, man... they halve your WS and +1 WS will make the wyches WS5... you do the math.
Oh yeah....forgot about them. Isn't there some catch about using them?

remember initiative right? you will face 3 agonsier attacks from the succubuss, 5-6 str5-6 power weapon attacks from his archon + the odd attacks for the rest of the wyches.
I guess, but thats suggesting you're piling all the wyches into 1 squad. if they do wipe them out (which Im guessing they will) then you'll have 120 boyz with sluggas. I know you think Ork shooting sucks, but it's better than going into combat. 120 Sluggas, thats 40 hits, and about 26 dead Wyches.

·
889 Posts
Robizzle said:
Oh yeah....forgot about them. Isn't there some catch about using them?

I guess, but thats suggesting you're piling all the wyches into 1 squad. if they do wipe them out (which Im guessing they will) then you'll have 120 boyz with sluggas. I know you think Ork shooting sucks, but it's better than going into combat. 120 Sluggas, thats 40 hits, and about 26 dead Wyches.
aye, one catch unit with twice the strength(S6) are unaffected as even as skilled the wyches are the str6 unit/model would simply be too strong to entangle.

no no, not all the wyches in one squad, that be kinda silly :yes:

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I will say that Wyches might do ok in c.c with an ork Squad. However the chance of them getting the +1 WS combat drug is slight (1 in 6) what if the Wyches got the Initiative one?

Plus numbers do count, kill one Ork squad and you will have 4 more after you.

Ork shooting in this case is enough, 15 Rokkits can tear down any tough DE unit, and rip Raiders out of the air with ease.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.