Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Cleanse

Space Marines

Chapter traits:

Advantages -
Heed the Wisdom of the Ancients
Disadvantages -
We stand Alone

Headquarters – 86 points.
Master Commander:
Bolter, Power weapon

Elites – 390 points
Dreadnought:
Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, DCCW, Venerable

Dreadnought:

Dreadnought:

Troops – 324 points
Scout Squad – Six (6) men
Six (6) armed with Sniper Rifles

Scout Squad – Six (6) men.

Scout Squad – Six (6) men.

Heavy Support – 330 points
Dreadnought:
Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, DCCW

Dreadnought:

Dreadnought:

Fast Attack – 720 points
Land Speeder Squadron – Three (3) Landspeeder Tornados
Three (3) armed with Assault Cannons and Heavy bolters

------------------------------------------------------

Strike force Igor
Deathwing Dark Angels

Headquarters – 780 points
Codicier Librarian: (Joins Terminator Command Squad)
Terminator Armour; Combi-Meltagun; Fear of the Darkness

Terminator Command Squad – Four (4) men
One (1) armed with Chain fist and Storm Bolter
Two (2) armed with Assault Cannon and Powerfist
Sergeant: Power Sword and Storm Bolter
Drop Pod

Codicier Librarian: (Joins Terminator Command Squad)
Terminator Armour; Combi-Meltagun; Fear of the Darkness

Terminator Command Squad – Four (4) men
One (1) armed with Chain fist and Storm Bolter
Two (2) armed with Assault Cannon and Powerfist
Drop Pod

Elites – 150 points
Dreadnought:
Assault Cannon; Heavy Flamer; Extra Armour, Drop Pod

Troops – 900 points
Terminator Squad – Five (5) men
One (1) armed with Chain Fist and Storm Bolter
One (1) armed with Power Fist and Storm Bolter
Two (2) armed with Assault cannon and Powerfist
Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Drop Pod

Notes:
All stubborn (fearless, but still takes pinning checks)
Fear of the Darkness nasty against low leadership
Entire army deep strikes
Drop Pods can’t be destroyed by scattering
11 Assault cannons

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Ooooh...thats harsh....The Deathwing will most certainly get ripped to pieces by the assault cannons, while FotD might make the scouts run away, but in the end won't actually do anything particularly useful, as I can't see the scouts playing a particularly useful role for the marines. At least, not as useful as the 15 assault cannons...

However, the returning 11 assault cannons will rip apart the dreadnaughts faster than they will rip the terminators back. Once the dreads are down the list is vestigial.

Deathwing

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
The Terminators are much better at surviving Assault Cannons than Dreadnoughts are. The only worry here is the 9 Land Speeders the Space Marines field. If the Dark Angel player plays smart, he'll target them first, since they are weaker and field more ACs. And since he Deep Strikes, he'll get the first strike against everything! Every squad has 2 Powerfists and 2 Assault Cannons. If the Land Speeders die, the Dreads won't stand up to the Tactical Dread Armour. The Scouts won't hurt anything. The Space Marines don't stand a chance!

Dark Angels Victory

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Th deathwing player can easily knock out 9 assault cannons on turn when it lands (concentrate on LSTs), and after that, it will be a battle between the dreads and deathwing, but the dreads will suffer a lot of hits and be knocked down, scouts aren't going to do much.

As for capturing table quarters, well, the deathwing are deep-striking so will dominate the other army once the LSTs are taken care of.

Deathwing

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Deathwing for the mission.

Each and every terminator(except the ones with power weapons) can kill a dreadnought in hth. And vice versa of course, but there are many more DW Terminators than SM Dreadnoughts.

Some of the Deathwing have Chainfists as well. :)

On the firepower side, yes the Landspeeders are bad, but Terminators get a 2+ versus most of the shots and a 5+ versus the rending, and in return, storm bolters and their own assault cannons crack speeders better than the speeders crack them.

Fluff
. Deathwing. I guess I should give a reason here, but it seems self evident.

That many Dreadnoughts is like one third to half of the Dreadnoughts for an entire SM Chapter.

So....Its unfluffy, letting the Deathwing be more fluffy. Wierd when an all Terminator list wins this sort of thing.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I also vote Deathwing as the Space marine list is hard hitting but too fragile to win. The LSTs will be taken out and the dreadnaughts won't win the game as they are too slow to get in close enough. Also 15 assault cannons is of the strongest cheddar cheese and Deathwing gets my fluff vote as well

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
A drop podding deathwing squad and elminate a squad of landspeeders in a single turn.

They are undonted by dreadnoughts in CC, while the dread strikes first, they deathwing strike Last, and for keeps.. :O

Remember 11 assault cannons firing BEFORE the other teams 13 assault cannons can shoot.

3 squads should arrive, in the second turn, that means that all those landspeeders will be toasted before they can ever get a shot off.

Deathwing win

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Actually, I didn't see all them hidden Assault Cannons in the deathwing list! thats gonna rip apart the dreadnaughts before you can say, "holy s***, 11 assault cannons and 2 meltaguns".

Changed my vote to Deathwing.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The DW army is much, much tougher. The dreadnoughts can be dealth with easily. Then what will the marines do? Send the scouts at the termies? Don't think so. Theis army is not balanced at all, dreadnoughts arent that good. They're not meant to be used in this way. After the dreads the speeders will be taken care of, leaving pretty much nothing left.

I vote for the DW for the mission and fluff.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i vote DW
-this is basiocally assault cannons versus assault cannons, but, as has been said before, termies survive them better than dreads and speeders do.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
This fight is hilarious

Alright, I vote for Deathwing
, because they can survive the assault cannons better... which is exactly what the person before me said, but I've rephrased it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Deathwing

To stop a squad of assault cannons firing from the DW the SM must wipe the squad out. To stop the CSM firing all the DW must do is cause 1 Glance.

FotD/Deep striking heavy flamer will mostly finish off the scouts.

2 Bs5 melta guns in pods plus multiple assault cannnon is harsh and in combat as long as the Termie with Chainfist is alive the Dreads going to suffer slight being torn in two related problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.