Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Take and Hold

Necrons

HQ: 185 Points
Necron Lord:
Resurrection Orb; Destroyer Body; Phylactery

Troops: 540 Points
Warriors squad – Fifteen (15) men
Fifteen (15) armed with Gauss Flayers

Warriors squad – Fifteen (15) men
Fifteen (15) armed with Gauss Flayers

Fast Attack: 408 Points
Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
Three (3) armed with Gauss Cannon

Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
Three (3) armed with Gauss Cannon

Scarab Swarms – Nine (9) swarms

Heavy Support - 625 points
Heavy Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
Three (3) armed with Heavy Gauss Cannon

Heavy Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
Three (3) armed with Heavy Gauss Cannon

Monolith:
Gauss Flux Arc; Living Metal

Phase Out: 10

Tactics:
I will utilise the speed of my Fast Attack to get into an effective position from which to open a constant hail of fire. My Monolith will preferably Deep Strike as close to the center of the table as reasonably possible without losing it. The Warriors will then come out. If I can't Deep Strike, I will simply move the Monolith constantly toward the center of the table. My lord will also support wherever things begin to get hairy.

Notes
Shots per turn:
30 Gauss flayers
18 Gauss Cannon shots
6 Heavy Gauss Cannons
3 Staff of Light shots
Gauss Flux Arc
Particle Whip
The Lord cannot be instant killed.

--------------------------------------

Night Lords

Headquarters – 315 points
Chaos Lieutenant:
Chaos Marine Bike; Bike mounted Plasmagun; Dark Blade; Furious Charge; Daemonic Mutation; Spiky Bits; Melta Bombs

Chaos Lieutenant
Daemonic Flight; Pair of Lightning Claws; Daemonic Mutation; Daemonic Resilience; Melta Bombs; Spiky Bits; Furious Charge

Troops – 456 points
Chaos Space Marines Squad – Eight (8) men
All have Infiltrate; Furious Charge
Five (5) Marines armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Two (2) Marines armed with Meltagun
Aspiring Champion: Power fist and Bolt Pistol; Daemonic Mutation; Spiky Bits

Chaos Space Marines Squad – Eight (8) men
All have Infiltrate; Furious Charge
Five (5) Marines armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Two (2) Marines armed with Meltagun

Fast Attack – 1079 points
Raptors Squad – Eight (8) men
All have Furious Charge
Four (4) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Three (3) armed with Meltagun

Raptors Squad – Eight (8) men
All have Furious Charge
Four (4) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
Three (3) armed with Meltagun

Chaos Bikers Squad – Nine (9) men
All have Furious Charge; Skilled Riders
Six (6) armed with Twin Linked Bolters
Two (2) armed with Flamer; Bolt Pistol
Aspiring Champion: Lightning Claw; Daemonic Mutation; Spiky Bits

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Necrons

I feel that with their natural resilience they will win the day, sure the NL are combat monster but the monolith will aid in pulling units out of combat and providing some nice ordanace fire.

Once the necrons dig in the NL will have a job to shift them.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I agree,those Necrons when they get into the main bulk of the army, they will be able to dig in and cut swathes of models with ordanance blasts and all those shots, but that lord would come in real handy for sorting out hairy combats.

I think Necrons get my vote for this one

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Tygra said:
I think Necrons get my vote for this one
Please put your vote in bold.

The NL cang et a win in this by simply phasing out the crons. The 2 cc squads and the raptors can kill enough crons in a few turns to make em phase out. If they get caught by anyhting they can just jump out of combat. On top of that they have a bunch of meltagun shots and superior mobility. Now, lets look at the mission. Besides the advantages of the NL list they can simply infiltrate onto the objective if they wanted. The superior cc and mobility of the NL army will amae the crons phas out.

I vote for NL.

·
Dancing Peanuts? You bet!
1,350 Posts
Night Lords

The only thing that would keep these necrons in the game is the monolith. The bikes and Lord/lieutenant and Raptors will get into combat turn 2, then it's all over. The necrons might be able to hold them off with the destroyers, but a good charge will mean the necrons will phase out turn 3, maybe turn 4 with some lucky Resi orb rolling, but ultimately have no way of nailing the night lords.

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
Night Lords

I don't quite understand this Necron list. In any case, it can't level enough shots to stop the Night Lord charge, even if they start in the open. If there were 2 Monoliths, my vote would be Necrons, but without a Ressurection Orb near his Troops, the Phase Out is going to be stupid simple.

·
Registered
656 Posts
i vote night lords
-plenty of fast CC units with armor piercing, and a poorly made necron list.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I vote Night Lords:

They can quickly get to cc, and if they gang up on warrior squads, they'll be able to take out full squads without allowing WBB. The necron army is weak and doesn't have enough shots to take out the incoming units

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I vote Night lords for the mission because one of the chief advantages of Destroyers and Heavy Destoyers (the main firing strength of the necron list) is their speed, and the raptors and bikers are quick enough to reach them and deal with this.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Night Lords

The bikers/raptors and infiltrate give them superiority of movement enabling them to dictate combat, and any Necron Warrior squad they hit will get utterly chewed up in assault.

I see an intelligent Night Lord player phasing the Necrons out without too much difficulty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.