Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Seek and Destroy

Slaaneshi Battle-Group - (2 points)
Chaos Space Marines

Headquarters – 201 points
Chaos Lord Akuma:
Mark of Slaanesh; Darkblade; Combat Drugs; Daemonic Strength; Daemonic Aura; Doom Siren; Chaos Space Marine Bike; Furious Charge; Frag Grenades

Troops – 595 points
Daemonettes Pack – Six (6) daemons

Chaos Space Marines – Six (6) men
All have Mark of Slaanesh; Infiltrate
Four (4) armed with Bolt Pistol and CCW
One (1) armed with Blastmaster
One (1) Aspiring Champion: Bolt Pistol and Power Weapon

Fast Attack – 501 points
Slaaneshi Bike Squad – Five (5) men
All have Mark of Slaanesh; Frag Grenades; Furious Charge
One (1) with Doom Siren
One (1) Aspiring Champion: Daemonic Strength, Doom Siren, Power Weapon

Undivided Bike Squad - Five (5) Bikes
All have Mark of Chaos Undivided
Two (2) armed with Meltagun
One (1) Aspiring Champion: Power Fist

Heavy Support – 563 points
Chaos Space Marine Havocs – Six (6) men
All have Tank Hunters
Two (2) armed with Bolters
Four (4) armed with Autocannon

Chaos Space Marine Havocs – Six (6) men
All have Tank Hunters
Four (4) armed with Missile Launcher

Chaos Havocs w/ bolter – Seven (7) Men
All have Mark of Chaos Undivided; Infiltrate
Four (4) armed with Plasma Gun
One (1) Aspiring Champion: Bolter

Fluff:
Formerly a servant of Chaos Undivided, Lord Akuma attained daemonhood when he swore allegiance to Slaanesh. Slaanesh rewarded Akuma with a darkblade. The core of Akuma's army followed in his footsteps, but the rest of his servants still trusting their weapons above Akuma's new God. So long as the havocs pave "Prince" Akuma's path, he tolerates their worship of Chaos Undivided.

Tactics:
The whole army exists to get Akuma into close combat, but he does not have to survive to win the battle.

Each undivded unit is tailored for a different enemy.
Missile Launchers: Heavy Armor (AV 12+), Power-armored infantry
Autocannons: Light Armor, Terminators (Statistically more likely to kill these than any other heavy weapon, with 8 Str 6 shots), and 'Nid hordes.
Plasma Guns: Power Armor, Monstrous Creatures
Bike-mounted melta guns: Heavy Armor, dreads

Tthe plasma havocs and the three troop squads deploy close to the enemy, in cover, and let the plasma guns/blastmasters do the initial killing. The bikes turbo-boost, with the melta squad in front, to absorb casualties, while the havocs engage anything that could really hurt the bikes. By turn 2, Akuma should reach close combat and the troops simultaneously charge. The plasma havocs and the melta bikers deal with things Akuma cannot kill, esp. dreads, 'fexes, and heavy armor. With 3 doom sirens and Akuma's 6 str 8 attacks, Akuma's squad faces NO superior threats once in CC. They can take 'stealers and broodlords (yes that is play tested).

The daemonettes have 6 icons to choose from, so they go where trouble is.

----------------------------------------

Necrons - (0 points)

HQ: 185 Points
Necron Lord:
Resurrection Orb; Destroyer Body; Phylactery

Troops: 540 Points
Warriors squad – Fifteen (15) men
Fifteen (15) armed with Gauss Flayers

Warriors squad – Fifteen (15) men
Fifteen (15) armed with Gauss Flayers

Fast Attack: 408 Points
Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
Three (3) armed with Gauss Cannon

Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
Three (3) armed with Gauss Cannon

Scarab Swarms – Nine (9) swarms

Heavy Support - 625 points
Heavy Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
Three (3) armed with Heavy Gauss Cannon

Heavy Destroyers Squad – Three (3) men
Three (3) armed with Heavy Gauss Cannon

Monolith:
Gauss Flux Arc; Living Metal

Phase Out: 10

Tactics:
I will utilise the speed of my Fast Attack to get into an effective position from which to open a constant hail of fire. My Monolith will preferably Deep Strike as close to the center of the table as reasonably possible without losing it. The Warriors will then come out. If I can't Deep Strike, I will simply move the Monolith constantly toward the center of the table. My lord will also support wherever things begin to get hairy.

Notes
Shots per turn:
30 Gauss flayers
18 Gauss Cannon shots
6 Heavy Gauss Cannons
3 Staff of Light shots
Gauss Flux Arc
Particle Whip
The Lord cannot be instant killed.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
It's gonna be close, and I spent a while deciding, but I decided on necrons. If the Chaos Mariens get first turn, well, they can't really do much except blow up some destroyers with missiles, and if the ncron player gets first turn, they can kill all the missiles and plasma guns, and form there it will be basically the same sort of fighting. The bikes are fast, but their short range means the Destroyers will have an edge. The regular destroyers can force them to take a lot of armour saves, and then the Chaos player doesn't have much anti-necron. Plus, there isn't realyl anything that can kill a monolith.

Necrons

·
Registered
313 Posts
First off, a counterpoint....
Plus, there isn't realyl anything that can kill a monolith.
The chaos player actually has a 30% chance to kill the monolith each turn. However....this assume all missle launchers fire at it, the melta bikes fire at it, and the Lord charges it using drugs for +1 strength and attacks. Seeing as that would mean his 2 bike squads couldn't charge into cc with actual 'crons, it probably wont be done, but it is possible.

My thoughts:
Seeing as there are no objectives to claim, the 'crons can set up defensively in a corner and force the slaneesh troops/bikes to come to them.

-Thanks to we'll be back, ap 4 of autocannons, and the shorter (albeit infiltrated) range of the plasma guns, the Havocs will kill roughly 4 'crons a turn.
-The large number of jetbikes will be hard for the bikes to chase down. And the monolith can be used as a cc "shield", deploying it in front of 2 ranks of warriors in a corner.
-Because the slaneesh bike squad has no powefist, and due to the IC rules in cc, the scarab swarm could charge them and tie it up for a turn, preventing them from reaching cc until 3rd turn at best.
-The small size of the slaneesh infantry means they're easier to wipe out.
-The monolith is virtually indestructable, and its ordance template can easily kill an infantry squad.
-In cc, slaneesh will dominate (of course)
-The havocs can kill a destroyer squad in the first turn (after that, plasma havocs will probably be out of range, killing drops to 2 destroyers a turn)

So here's the big issues I see for each side
-Slaneesh
Getting into cc with the warriors will be tough, as one squad can be ported out (although that means no ordance template) and scarabs can serve as a speedbump. The Heavy/Destroyers have the potential to kill a full squad (assuming all focus fire) with the range and speed to ignore all but the missle launchers and autocannons. Every turn not spent in close combat is a round the Monolith can fire its pie plate.
-Necron
The havocs will be difficult. If the Heavy/Destroyers fire at them, then the slaneesh cc has a better chance of surviving. If they fire at the slaneesh cc, then the havocs can start chipping away at the Heavy/Destroyers. When the daemons arrive, it they're likely to make it into cc for at least a turn. The single res orb means the Heavy/Destroyers will have to remain close to the warriors if the 'cron player wants to give its effects to all his units. That will counter the mobility of the Heavy/Destroyers.

But, as mentioned at the start, the mission favors the 'crons. Chaos can't make it into cc first turn, and whatever is in range is going to have to suffer a lot of fire. With good deployment and a little luck the 'cron can even avoid the infantry charge until turn 3. I agree with Ezekiel, it will be close, but the necrons will come through in the end.

I vote Necrons

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Necrons

The destroyers are going to run rings around the chaos list while punching holes in it with their cannon.

The monolith is going to be hard to kill and with that helping the warriors survive I don't think chaos has much of a chance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.