Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please see this thread on how to participate in these games. I want to stress to everyone that the mission means everything. He who stands the best way to score Victory Points should be the winner. All missions have the Infiltration, Deep Strike, and Victory Points special rules.

Mission Type - Take and Hold

Space Marines - (4 points)

Chapter traits:

Advantages -
Heed the Wisdom of the Ancients
Disadvantages -
We stand Alone

Headquarters – 86 points.
Master Commander:
Bolter, Power weapon

Elites – 390 points
Dreadnought:
Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, DCCW, Venerable

Dreadnought:

Dreadnought:

Troops – 324 points
Scout Squad – Six (6) men
Six (6) armed with Sniper Rifles

Scout Squad – Six (6) men.

Scout Squad – Six (6) men.

Heavy Support – 330 points
Dreadnought:
Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, DCCW

Dreadnought:

Dreadnought:

Fast Attack – 720 points
Land Speeder Squadron – Three (3) Landspeeder Tornados
Three (3) armed with Assault Cannons and Heavy bolters

----------------------------------------

The Blood Reavers - (0 points)
Dark Eldar

Headquarters – 254 points
Archon:
Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Shadow Field, Combat Drugs, Animus Vitae, Plasma Grenades

Dracite:
Reaver Jetbike, Power Weapon, Tormentor Helm, Plasma Grenades

Elites – 303 points
Wyches Squad – Ten (10) men
Nine (9) armed with Wyche Weapons, Plasma Grenades
Succubus: Wyche Weapons, Plasma Grenades, Agoniser, Splinter Pistol
Raider: Dark Lance, Horrorfex

Warp Beasts Pack – Six (6) models
Beast master: Agoniser, Splinter Pistol
Five (5) Warp Beasts

Troops – 944 points
Raider Squad – Nine (9) men
Six (6) armed with Splinter Rifles
One (1) armed with Splinter Cannon
One (1) armed with Blaster
Sybarite: Punisher, Tormentor Helm, Plasma Grenades
(Archon joins this squad)

Raider Squad – Ten (10) men
Seven (7) armed with Splinter Rifles

Warriors Squad – Ten (10) men
Eight (8) armed with Splinter Rifle
Two (2) armed with Dark Lances

Warriors Squad – Ten (10) men
Eight (8) armed with Splinter Rifle
Two (2) armed with Dark Lances

Fast Attack – 206 points
Reaver Jetbike Squad – Six (6) men
Two (2) armed with Blasters
Succubus: Tormentor Helm, Power Weapon
(Dracite joins here)

Heavy Support – 140 points
Ravager:
Three (3) Disintegrators, Night Shield

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Hmmm... The Dark Lances will fell the dreads in a short amount of time. The scouts will fall to cc easily. The LST's will be the problem, but I think against the highly mobile dark lances and blasters they will fall, but still take a lot of casualties with them. It's close, but this is a TAKE AND HOLD mission. The Sm player wont have much that will hold the objective. Where as the DE can drop of all their men (onto the objective) in a short amount of time, and then the transports can just fly around shooting the LST's for the rest of the game.

I vote for Dark Eldar

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
9 Dark Lances, call it 6 hit, 1 glances and 2 penetrates.

Probably 1 dead Dread and a couple inconvenienced.

At the same time 36 Assault Cannon shots from the LSTs=24 hit, 12 glances on Raiders, 6 destroyed results. Then theres the 36 heavy bolts 24 hit 8 glance 4 destroyed.

So theoreticaly 12 speeders would kill 10 Raiders.

However as they are in Squadrons they can only massivly over kill 3.

However 3 added to what the Dreadnoughts can do is significant. 3/5 Raiders in 1 turn is significant and 3 Dreads will most likely be firing. After the LST volley incoming DLance fire is reduced to 6 shots. Less if the LST's target warrior squads instead.

Space Marines

·
Dawn Under Heaven
2,971 Posts
Dark Eldar

I think the dark lances will rip the Dreads apart. And after that pretty much every gun the DE have can combat the speeders. Added to that the SMurfs have nothing that has the staying power really contest the objective.

·
Registered
830 Posts
The Dreadnaughts are slow and not much of a threat until later in the game. The LSTs will be taken out first followed by the dreads. The De have plenty of weapons to do it. The SM list relies to much on weak armour and I think its gotten lucky winning 2/3 matches so far.

Dark Eldar

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
Librarian Augustine said:
The Dreadnaughts are slow and not much of a threat until later in the game. The LSTs will be taken out first followed by the dreads. The De have plenty of weapons to do it. The SM list relies to much on weak armour and I think its gotten lucky winning 2/3 matches so far.

Dark Eldar
MMMM this is pretty much what I said in the Tau vs SM post and I stick by the same thing here, the speed of the DE will tell and the short range of the Assault Cannons will work against the slow Dreads and LST, and as Augustine said to much light armour.
The Marine army depends to much on one aspect of the list the Assault cannon LST sqaud when they are taken down the Marine list is effectively at the mercy of any faster list.
Even if the LST's get the oppurtunity to take 3 Raiders down in one turn the rest of the DE list will still have enough to damage the LST,s and the scouts will get caught by the DE CC teams and die very fast.
The DE have the speed to run rings around the bulk of the MArine list and still get to the objective in the last turn.
The DE are actually more vulnerable to the Assault Cannons than the Tau were but they compensate for this with speed, sheer amount of shootiness and CC prowess.

Victory to the Dark Eldar

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
The DE have dark lances to blow up the dreads, and splinter cannons to blow up the LSTs. and there's about 60 DE for the LSTs, and the LSTs can't split their fire to kill all the raiders.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Whatever the landspeeders shoot at their first turn will be very dead, but it will be overkill, points waisted 3 dead things, most likely raiders. DE if they are at all wise will ignore the dreads the first turn, and shoot the landspeeders back. Just like the raiders they will go down easy, but as they are squadrened it's unlikely that dark eldar shooting will be wasted. Many will die, but more will be stunned/shaken or lost their precious assault cannons. Easy prey to be finished off in the next turn.
After the landspeeders have been dealt with, remaning vehicles can deal with the dreads easily. And the scouts will die easily in CC. Not to mention mr all by his lonesome force commander who probably won't see much action at all. (unless he is killed by DE that get bored.)

Dark Eldar win, basicly because the SM put too many eggs in one basket. . .

·
Registered
656 Posts
i vote DE

-hey ezekiel, and number of the beast, you both forgot to vote
-the DE simply have too many targets for the SM's to take down, and they are dying much faster to return fire. also in CC, the DE would win hands down.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Umm... how is outranging an issue for the LSTs?

Look, the dark lances have a 36" range. That means the things that shoot them are inside the effective move+shoot range of the LSTs. Even for the dreads who have an effective range of 30", this isn't really much of an issue, since SOMETHING will be in range.

And with the amount of fire that marine list can spit out, I'd almost call this a slaughter. The Tau battle was different: the tau could actually effectively outrange them. In this, range will be fairly irrelevant.

I vote SM

·
The deep down truth
5,714 Posts
TheWamp said:
Umm... how is outranging an issue for the LSTs?

Look, the dark lances have a 36" range. That means the things that shoot them are inside the effective move+shoot range of the LSTs. Even for the dreads who have an effective range of 30", this isn't really much of an issue, since SOMETHING will be in range.

And with the amount of fire that marine list can spit out, I'd almost call this a slaughter. The Tau battle was different: the tau could actually effectively outrange them. In this, range will be fairly irrelevant.

I vote DE
I was actually refering more to the Dreads, 1st turn and the outmanouvering capabilities of the DE, sorry I was not clearer on that, What I was actualy refering to was the DE ability to basically stay away from the dreads after the LST are taken down, the DE can easily keep out of range for the dreads turn and then get into range on their turn, 36" range plus 12" move massively outranges the dreads, yeah if they dont destroy the dread or at least take the AC out the raider will be toast (thats the risk) but the passangers are still ok and a danger. Range is never irrelevent.

·
LO Zealot
1,449 Posts
I am confused... didnt you mean to vote on the marines?

Anyway, remember hat eventhough the move+shoot range of the speeders are 36", the move+shoot range of the ravagers are 42", and the raiders are 48".

Anyway, the DE are very vulnerable to assault cannons, and the marines unarguably whae a whole lot of them, so I think that this battle will be close. But I think that of the DE player will be able to utilize the speed of his army, the DE will win quite massive. The marine players only hope is that the DE makes mistakes, and leave enough of his units out in the open for the assault cannons to take down. So its down to skill vs. luck, and I go with skills...

I vote DE

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
9 dark lances, cant kill that many dreadnoughts that fast.

The scouts dont matter at all in this list, nor the HQ, if they die, better for the space marine.

So uh.. why would the dreadnoughts be able to be seen the first turn?

That makes no sence.

The dark eldar have no strenthes other then shooting, which they are pretty poor at. if they attempt an all out assault, at the scouts, the space marine player wont care, if they try to attack a dreadnough in CC, theyve got another thing comming, thats an easy sweep advance for the dread.

I dont care how many combat drug or bikes, or other none sencical upgrades that archon has, my understanding is that he cant hurt a dread in CC.

So Dark Eldar need to out shoot this space marine list.

Dark lances are 36 inch range, dreadnoughts are 30 inch range with movement. The dreadnoughts will be starting at the front, so thats only a 6" cushin. ANd raiders are a fairly big tank, so where talking more like 1-2 inches of range IF placed on the very board edge, more. AND if the raider wants glancing hits it needs to move 6+ inches. Meaning, the dreads will be in range the first turn.

Anyway.

3 dreadnoughts not damaged down 3 raiders. 4 shots, 2 glancing, 4+ to kill, so dead. Per dreadnought.

So thats 3 of 9 brightlances destoryed, while 3 of 13 AC are destroyed.

3 LSt against 10 wariors: 12 AC shots = 7 dead, 9 heavy bolters = 5 dread.

So the first 2 squads of LST target the shooty warrior squads.

Last one targets the Ravenger and easily destorys it, do you really need to see the math?

Now there are 2 brightlances left.

How exactly do the Dark eldar win this?

Space marines.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Whoops, yeah thanks sareld

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Farseer Sareld said:
I am confused... didnt you mean to vote on the marines?

Anyway, remember hat eventhough the move+shoot range of the speeders are 36", the move+shoot range of the ravagers are 42", and the raiders are 48".

Anyway, the DE are very vulnerable to assault cannons, and the marines unarguably whae a whole lot of them, so I think that this battle will be close. But I think that of the DE player will be able to utilize the speed of his army, the DE will win quite massive. The marine players only hope is that the DE makes mistakes, and leave enough of his units out in the open for the assault cannons to take down. So its down to skill vs. luck, and I go with skills...

I vote DE
Yes it is 42 and 48 inches but they have to end their turn within 36" so they'll be in range

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
Space Marines

The sheer amount of fire the list has will bring the raiders crashing to the ground. Any foot DE will get massacred by the dreads and if the dreads get in CC the DE will have some serious problems.

·
Festo Diata
917 Posts
If the Dark Eldar player sets up behind stuff, there's no issue. Deployment is half the fight. And with superior mobility, the Dark Eldar will get first strike with most of their units. Not every game is fought on a wind-swept plain. Please keep that in mind.

The only trick is he has to kill the Land Speeders quickly, because they can level quite a lot of fire. After that, the Space Marine player has 6 Dreadnoughts.. against the rest of the DE army. Smoked.

Too many Dark Lances, and the Ravagers can put down the units of Land Speeders pretty well. This battle is just a matter of falling blocks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Once again, the SM dreads need some missile launchers + tankhunters for their venerable dreads. That would really enhance this list.

Once again, like the battle v. the Tau, people are underestimating the dreads. They are move/fire ... if they get first turn their assault cannons are essentially 30" range. If they set up behind cover, far back, most of them will be out of range ... cause the DE lances have similar range. If they set up forward, and get first turn, well, deployment + 30" is a long way.

Some of the dreads will get to fire. Assault cannons BURNINATE dark eldar. If the word BURNINATE ever had a use, here it is. I do not think this battle is completely one-sided like everyone is saying, because the DE can't hit all the dreads 1st turn AND cope with the speeders.

RE the speeders, yes, they are overkill, but since they're in squadrons of 3, a couple will make it past the 1st turn.

Anyway, final analysis. Like someone else said, the DE have 11 dark lances, some of which are doubled up, and the marines have 9 Assault cannons. If the marines get first turn they will kill enough of those weapons that the dreads are essentially invulnerable.

Like that Tau guy said, his Tau are more resilient than the DE. I voted for the Tau last time. This time, with raiders instead of Hammerheads absorbing fire ...

Marines win

Sabre

·
975 Posts
SM victory
I dont care about the speed of the de this is how it works in the game there is only so much tabld to run from those acs they are going to run off the board with their speed or have to face the clearly overpowering amount of firepower of the marine dreads and landspeeders the math has been done several times above by several people. the result is clear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.